No announcement yet.

Hopefully won't effect Planetside much!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Hopefully won't effect Planetside much!

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...cement.148793/
    sigpic

Re: Hopefully won't effect Planetside much!

I suspected as much as the chatter from devs diminished of late. The game is good enough as it and will do fine until the next improved product comes along.

Hopdefully they will take this model and develop more varieties of imaginary spaces. The Sci-Fi theme only addresses (attracts) a particular segment of FPS market.
    sigpic

Comment

I think PS2 will not be affected. In "streamlining", they said they want to go to core expertise, which they said was on some of their MMO's, one being PS2
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Good point (although I think Sony's core expertise lies in making crappy consumer electronics :)
        Last edited by E-Male; 08-29-2013, 01:48 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
          Good point (although I think SOny's core expertise lies in making crappy consumer electronics :)
          bahhahaah...indeed indeed :)
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Sony used to be top notch back in the 80s. Then I suspect they did what all big manufacturers did -- move to Mexico and other places of top-notch quality control. After the 80s I bought a few Sony products only to face extreme disappointment. The last disappointment was 13 years ago when I shelled out $1000 for a 26 inch Sony Trinatron. The screen now looks like a gay pride flag.

My next TV will be Samsung.

Heck, if Samsung made underwear I would buy it.
            sigpic

Comment

Not that there is anything wrong with gay pride . . .
              sigpic

Comment

Interestingly enough of the 90 or so employees they laid off, most were quality assurance..............yeah who need a quality product after all.

Comment

This thread is showing up on all the SOE boards with almost the exact same response from each of the associated game devs. Having gamed with and met Brasse in person on several occasions, I feel really bad that it falls to her to post this kind of mealy-mouthed corporate layoff announcement.

Seems to coincide with a lot of planned pricing changes within the Station Cash system as well. Who knows what that means?
                  In game handle: Steel Scion
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                    My next TV will be Samsung.

Heck, if Samsung made underwear I would buy it.
                    Samsung have replaced my PC monitor twice, the first time it was over a year out of warranty.

I asked (because if you don't ask you don't get) and they just sent me a new one on both occasions with no fuss... can't praise them enough!

If I'm after a product and Samsung makes one, they are top of the list for me.
                    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

This is not surprising, unusual, or cause for alarm. This is how large game companies operate. Especially the QA side of things. QA workers are more often than not temporary and are let go in a large batches (seriously, just read The Trenches). In fact, this almost sounds like they decided to axe an unannounced internal project.

Nothing to worry about, folks.

As far as Sony's core focus... the way I understand it, the company is split up internally into very separated divisions which barely talk to each other, even within things like their gaming division. It's often a case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                        As far as Sony's core focus... the way I understand it, the company is split up internally into very separated divisions which barely talk to each other, even within things like their gaming division. It's often a case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.
                        This is exactly the same problem Microsoft has.
                        sigpic

Comment

I can believe it. I interviewed with Microsoft once and was struck by how absolutely massive they are, to the extent that their campus is effectively a small city.

Comment

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
                            If I'm after a product and Samsung makes one, they are top of the list for me.
                            My next TV will be Samsung. If Samsung is an option, it will be my top choice.

I cannot say they are the best (what do I know . . .), but they are very good, have great value/cost ratios and have yet to disappoint me.

This message is unencrypted so the NSA can read it faster.
                            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X