Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Friday Night Fight

Friday Night Fight

Event Time: Friday, September 06, 8:00 PM EST.

This FNF will be a "back to basics" training event with special attention paid to (1) interlocking fire support, and (2) bounding overwatch maneuvers. To this end we will initially roll out as Infantry-only with Sunderer support. After "live-fire" drills in interlocking fire support and bounding overwatch we will expand the platoon's capabilities to include the full range of available vehicles and air support.

Please review the TG PS2 Communication SOP.

Organizational Strategy

I will endeavour to keep the action fast-paced but will also insist on coordinated movement, "group-ups" prior to moving out or engaging the enemy, and layered defense and attack postures. The emphasis will be on the collective engagement of the enemy, which requires that we move as one.

During the drills all squads will be deployed as a single fighting unit engaged in a shared arena of operation. All units will be deployed in close proximity to one another so as to maximize force ratios and ensure that squads are operating as interlocked forces.

Please note that as a training exercise the demands of Alerts and metagame issues will be secondary considerations. My primary concern will be to find enemy concentrations suited to our platoon size (so we are challenged but not overwhelmed) and areas of operations that are favourable to the training exercise.

Please sign up as soon as possible and spread the word so we get a great turnout.

E-Male

Start time: 8:00PM EST

In Game Name (Please use the exact name for the server/faction we are playing):
    In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none):
    Roles Desired, at least three in descending order please:
    Favourite Roman Emperor:
    Additional Information:

Last edited by E-Male; 09-03-2013, 08:11 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Friday Night Fight

TG88thMindkill
    88th Combat Applications Group
    Whatever my team needs
    No preference
    I will be an hour+ late.. It's Friday, after all.

sigpic

Comment

In Game Name (Please use the exact name for the server/faction we are playing): dillwead1212
      In-House Division: Irregular's
      Roles Desired, at least three in descending order please: engi, medic, heavy assault
      Favourite Roman Emperor: Constantine
      Additional Information: I will be late too, don't know exactly what i'm doing, but i should be there
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

In Game Name : Hannibalking7
        In-House Division:Unaffiliated
        Roles Desired, at least three in descending order please: Bus Driver or what ever need
        Additional Information: Since it's friday i can be early on or can be late a bit but sure count me in

Comment

Just a note for other time challenged individuals who still have to look this up every time, lol: 8:00 PM EST is 7:00 PM EDT.

Also, everyone please spread the word in your platoons from now until Friday, remember many in our Outfit do not visit the forums! Make the announcements platoon wide as well as in Outfit throughout the week, as pubbies are welcomed to join us in FNF and swell our numbers.

In Game Name: TGRandyShughartClwFL
          In-House Division: Unaffiliated
          Roles Desired, at least three in descending order please:
          1.Gal pilot
          2.Infantry or Air Squad Leader
          3.2d Platoon Leader
          Favourite Roman Emperor: Marcus Aurelius
          Additional Information:

I have been flying almost exclusively for quite a while now, so I'm ready to go back to basics and do some Infantry SLing. Or, I can do some Air if the need arises. I'm OK with just about anything you need really.

As always, I will volunteer to lead 2d platoon if we get to that size. I will also try to get on in the afternoon and get the numbers going for you E-Male so you have a full platoon or so at event time. And I will liase with an ear in NCC comms.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

In Game Name: Ghostshooter101
            In-House Division: none
            Roles Desired, at least three in descending order please: *Vanguard* (I revamped my vanguard), HA, Medic
            Favourite Roman Emperor: Gladiator =p
            Additional Information: I get off work at 10pm est. I work in washington DC but live in maryland so my commute is an hour long =(

Comment

In Game Name: Starstriker
              In-House Division: none
              Roles Desired: Infantry SL, Infantry SM, Pilot
              Favourite Roman Emperor: Nero. Fiddling is woefully under-appreciated.
              Additional Information: Not exhibiting my game at PAX this week, so I actually get to participate in this FNF! w00t!

Got a question for you, E-Male: When you say "single fighting unit", do you mean that the entire platoon will be moving in one big blob, or just that we'll be in the same fight instead of spread over a wider area? Personally I'd prefer it if we were keeping squads individually cohesive, I'd really like to get more practise in keeping a squad working together tightly.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post

Got a question for you, E-Male: When you say "single fighting unit", do you mean that the entire platoon will be moving in one big blob, or just that we'll be in the same fight instead of spread over a wider area? Personally I'd prefer it if we were keeping squads individually cohesive, I'd really like to get more practise in keeping a squad working together tightly.
                Good question.

Not as a blob. BigGayAl and I both hold the clear visual and spacial separation of squads as a fundamental SOP and tactical necessity (discussed in some other thread).

I will make things more clear during the "drills" but the basic concept is "separate but united". Squads will be assigned to specific areas or zones that are (usually) close enough to each other to bring mutual fire upon a common (shared) target. At the same time squads will be sufficiently separated so as to maximize the amount of ground we hold under our control, and minimize the "fat target" syndrome. Much depends on terrain and enemy activity/numbers/resources, but this is pretty much business-as-usual when under my command in the past.

Contrary to my recent "complaint" about Biolabs, I will be exploring Biolab engagements, but not from within the Biolab. I have been studying the battles fought at the base of a contested Biolab and believe that a platoon-sized force is often necessary to secure the main "elevator" and reduce the effectiveness of enemy armour on the ground.

My overall goal will be to keep the platoon continually engaged with the enemy (which includes orderly retreats).

The complete wipe of our platoon from a theatre of engagement will be deemed a command failure.

I also think that chaos should never be permitted to overwhelm the platoon. One of the primary responsibilities of command is to control space and time. Chaos is a sign of too few resources too close to enemy forces.

What was the product you were hacking?
                sigpic

Comment

Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules with my shameless plugging, but I'm the artist, level designer, and occasional programmer on the team making Life Goes On, a Puzzle Platformer where you solve puzzles with your own dead bodies. We're still a ways off from release yet, but we've got a demo on Steam at http://store.steampowered.com/app/250050/ if you guys are interested.

It's STILL surreal to me that I'm actually able to say that. :S

As for the squad management stuff, that all sounds great to me. I like the approach you're talking about with holding the exterior of Bio Labs instead of the interior, and after getting caught in one too many obnoxious Bio Lab engagements I'm totally on board. Bio Labs are where squad cohesion goes to die.

A potential issue with exterior defense is that stemming the tide of enemy troops can be challenging on the lattice. You can blockade the teleporter and jump pad entry points, but if they've started to flip points inside the lab you can't actually close that avenue of attack off permanently. Even so, if there's ANY hope of winning a Bio Lab fight without having to set foot inside the dome, I'm all for it.

Comment

So I ran a new NC outfit today called CZAR (czargaming.com) I'm sure most of you have seen their squads. They are well organized outfit a little rowdy but get the job done. I mentioned to them about tomorrows FNF and they said that it would be cool to work together. I took down some of the NCO names, battyfastard, bullmance, notick. I also have their TS.

Comment

In Game Name: MrJengles
                      In-House Division: Irregular
                      Roles Desired, at least three in descending order please: Air SM/Infantry SM
                      Additional Information: Still need a new headset.

Originally posted by ghostshooter101 View Post
                      So I ran a new NC outfit today called CZAR (czargaming.com) I'm sure most of you have seen their squads. They are well organized outfit a little rowdy but get the job done. I mentioned to them about tomorrows FNF and they said that it would be cool to work together. I took down some of the NCO names, battyfastard, bullmance, notick. I also have their TS.
                      I'm not entirely sure but I may have joined one of their squads for a bit. I was going to grab the point at the connecting base to our Tech plant just so the VS couldn't do anything when they got there. While skirting the enemies, I saw a bunch of blue dots heading in the same direction, so I hit insert and voila, CZAR was doing the same thing as a single squad with a beacon up. Instead of delaying the VS we actually took the base and pushed them back.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Yeah, I have run into BattyFastard and bullmance in game, I also seem to run into them in the "right" places, as Jengles points out. Do you know if they are in NCC? Other outfits I speak to always want to give me their TS info (and I have TS of several outfits, NC10, WMD, etc.) but I usually encourage them just to get on NCC TS instead, because TG and one outfit is only 1:1 comms; if they are in NCC TS, they can have comms with a lot of other outfits, and vice versa. I feel it's much more efficient that way. Also, Then I don't have to have 10 tabs (servers) open in TS. TG TS + NCC TS is enough!

Jengles-

Does hitting insert auto join you to the closest open squad in your proximity? If so, I wasn't aware it worked like that (I always thought it was random).
                        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

In Game Name: TGToddshooter
                          In-House Division: Nope No one will have me!
                          Roles Desired, at least three in descending order please: Armour/Infantry/Air
                          Additional Information: I'm getting older.
                          sigpic

Comment

[, I have run into BattyFastard and bullmance in game, I also seem to run into them in the "right" places, as Jengles points out. Do you know if they are in NCC?
                            I think the main guy at NCC is a leader in this outfit. "Dzire" I believe his name is.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
                              I think the main guy at NCC is a leader in this outfit. "Dzire" I believe his name is.
                              Dzire is the Leader of Clan Magnus Legio ("the great legion"), aka CML. But yes, he is the founder of the NCC. Very smart and level headed chap.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X