Running a Vanu tank.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Running a Vanu tank.

Can you spot the difference between this tank and ours?

The Magrider is like having a Lightning Anti Infantry tank straped to the top of a Vangaurd.
    sigpic

Re: Running a Vanu tank.

After watching this, im surprised I've survived so many fights with magriders

Comment

The first weapon is the Proton II PPA. It's their equivalent for the TR's Marauder and our Enforcer C85. We definitely got the short end of the stick with our MBT AI options. Both the VS and TR ones can actually deal damage to armor, and are effective at range. Ours does neither. It's bad when the best AI option our tanks have is the Halberd.

Honestly, I've seen very few Maggies using the PPA, probably because the Sauron is so damn good now. Even when my Waterson buddies are pulling HE Mags, they still have Saurons mounted. HE + Sauron is basically the MBT equivalent of the ESF Pods + Rotary.

Also, despite the low BR, this guy/video makes the PPA look much better than it is. It's basically a Fury on an MBT. Against massed infantry it's awesome, (which is kind of the whole point of equipping an AI turret) but it's not quite the cert farm that HE Prowlers with Vulcans are.

Comment

Don't exclude the G30 Walker or the M12 as capable AI guns. They a lacking against Medium armor and above but do significant damage to infantry.

The Magrider is not a conventional tank. Its just about the slowest one (yes we out speed it with our higher racer chasis) and all of its gun options are pretty underpowered compared to the Vanguard/Prowler. A comparable Magrider versus a top end Vanguard (AP and Shield with either Fire Suppression or maxed out nanite auto gen) and chances are the Vangaurd will come on top unless it allows the Maggie to get close and circle strafe.

As a tanker I can safely state that we have the better MBT over the Vanu. The Prowler, on the other hand, is slightly better than ours due to some nice empire specific weaponry, better speed/accelleration, and the one two punch its turret has.

Comment

The walker is very effective against clustered infantry, and it doesn't give away your position as clearly and quickly as either enforcer. Still, if I don't know exactly what kind of fight we're going to end up in, I'd rather have an Enforcer ML85 for the range and moderate splash.

The magrider's big advantage in infantry fights, unsurprisingly, is it's strafing and maneuverability. Focused fire, either rockets or vehicle-based, will take it down faster than a shielded Vanguard, but a good driver simply isn't going to be there long enough to get hit. It can afford to get up close with ground forces because it's just so damn hard to get a bead on, especially in a crowd.
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

The Enforcer blows. I know I haven't played in a while, but from what I remember that gun sucked. Better off sticking to Basalisks, Vulcans, Furies, anything else really.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

The new ML85 is decent at range, hits vehicles very hard, and can do serious damage to incoming CAS. I wouldn't count on it in close quarters, but it's a decent alternative to the Halberd if you want to shoot something other than armor.
              In game handle: Steel Scion
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ghostshooter101 View Post
                After watching this, im surprised I've survived so many fights with magriders

nevermind, I'm not worried anymore. After taking on a maggie and 2 lightnings last night at the same time while protecting our sundie made me feel great about my vangaurd =)
                (I'm sure some of the squad memebers put some rockets into one of the lightnings)

Comment

Originally posted by Steeler View Post
                  The new ML85 is decent at range, hits vehicles very hard, and can do serious damage to incoming CAS. I wouldn't count on it in close quarters, but it's a decent alternative to the Halberd if you want to shoot something other than armor.
                  I know, I meant the shotgun platform, the C85. You can't engage anything further than 20 meters and it's only limited to infantry.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Random question on the matter of tanks; 'Does a vehicle that is on fire (critical state) always lose its power?'

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                      Random question on the matter of tanks; 'Does a vehicle that is on fire (critical state) always lose its power?'
                      I almost never drive tanks but I know an aircraft does. You start to lose power and therefore altitude also. You need to be really careful setting down (use spacebar to cushion when close to the ground and land very gently) or you are likely to blow up upon landing. It's a real balance between hurrying to the ground so you can repair, but not setting down so hard you crash. A skill I happen to be pretty good at (setting down successfully that is, not crashing). :D
                      Last edited by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL; 09-12-2013, 10:23 PM. Reason: It'a a real balance between...
                      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Turbo is disabled when burning as well, including the Magbooster.

The Harasser though, through bug or intent, seems to have a tiny window of health where it can be burning but still boost.
                        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                          Last time I played, I never had a problem. Though usually, I died shortly after being on fire due to combat. :D Same thing with aircraft, I'm usually shot down before I notice anything.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X