Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Flip back your stuck Galaxy in warpgate

Hi everbody,

As requested by RandyShughart, here is a demonstration of how to flip back an upside down Galaxy. Please note that trying this out of the warpgate voids your insurance :]

However, as I just registered for this, the forum denies any link/embed in my post for obvious spam protection stuff :p
    Please allow me to link it anyway, and feel free to edit/repost this topic if needed.

youtube.com/watch?v=TZI9n6efvO0

-Cairbre, Miller Galaxy pilot

Ba-dum-tss
    My life before TG http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbre
    Who cares about stats ? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbr

Re: Flip back your stuck Galaxy in warpgate

any videos on how to flip your vanguard back? lol

Comment

That is awesome! Thanks for posting this up Cairbre, and welcome to the forums! Repped!

I don't have a fancy mouse, I wonder if I can still do this without adjusting the DPI? I am going to try now and I will report back results. I would love to be able to learn this skill.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

You could always crank the in-game sensitivity all the way up.

I don't think it's possible to do this with a Liberator, is it? I've tried and was unable.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
          I don't have a fancy mouse, I wonder if I can still do this without adjusting the DPI?
          It won't work, unless you have a few meters to move your mouse (and an accordingly-sized arm). Remember that, in the end, it is about sending to the game a "roll" command twice, with both a keyboard key and a mouse movement; so it seems that the trick is actually about speed and continuous movement - and from my point of view, you can't achieve that without modifying your mouse sensitivity. But I'm waiting for you to prove me I'm wrong :]

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
          It may work, though I'm not convinced the speed gain would be sufficient :p

I don't think it's possible to do this with a Liberator, is it? I've tried and was unable.
          As for now, nobody found a way to self-flip a Lib. There are three main reasons :
          - a Liberator has less ascend/descend power, even with HighG airframe
          - its wingspan is far lesser and wings are fixed, thus you can't have any lever effect
          - once flipped, it always has at least 3 ground connections - and this is why a flipped Lib can be stable and still, while a flipped Gal will stutter and slightly move

However, it's really easy to flip back a Lib with a Galaxy, and it's no longer a problem if the Gals ends up flipped :D

Ba-dum-tss

Comment

I just tried a bunch of stuff, including cranking up in game vehicle sensitivity, as well as installing a new IntelliPoint driver for my Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse (which has settings for "quick turnaround" but no straight DPI settings that I could find). I couldn't get it to work. Close, but not quite. :(

I think I am limited by my basic mouse. I have been thinking about getting a decent / not too expensive gaming mouse for the few extra buttons and some of these additional features like on the fly DPI adjustment, but never really "needed" to until now. To me, being able to do this maneuver alone would justify the cost (which I was probably going to buy anyway, sooner or later).

Liberators are easy enough to right using "traditional" methods (i.e. other Reavers / Lib or a good Gal pilot). But once the Skywhale is on her back, you are pretty much pooched. I mean, I have done it before using a Sunderer to get started, and then air vehicles to finish the flip, but it's a real pain in the rear.

Whether for a Liberator or Galaxy though, being able to do it all by yourself would be a nice trick to learn.

Also, meant to ask you Cairbre, what brings you to our server (Matherson) if you usually play on Miller? Just checking it out?
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Edit: seems my previous post just never made it through the internet, so I'll repost it down here

I don't have a fancy mouse, I wonder if I can still do this without adjusting the DPI?
              It won't work, unless you have a few meters to move your mouse (and an accordingly-sized arm). Remember that, in the end, it is about sending to the game a "roll" command twice, with both a keyboard key and a mouse movement; so it seems that the trick is actually about speed and continuous movement - and from my point of view, you can't achieve that without modifying your mouse sensitivity. But I'm waiting for you to prove me I'm wrong :]

It may work, though I'm not convinced the speed gain would be sufficient :p

As for now, nobody found a way to self-flip a Lib. There are three main reasons :
              - a Liberator has less ascend/descend power, even with HighG airframe
              - its wingspan is far lesser and wings are fixed, thus you can't have any lever effect
              - once flipped, it always has at least 3 ground connections - and this is why a flipped Lib can be stable and still, while a flipped Gal will stutter and slightly move

However, it's really easy to flip back a Lib with a Galaxy, and it's no longer a problem if the Gal ends up flipped :D

And, then:

I couldn't get it to work. Close, but not quite. :(
              You don't need to do it fast. I'm sure you will succeed :]

Also, meant to ask you Cairbre, what brings you to our server (Matherson) if you usually play on Miller? Just checking it out?
              I created a character on Mattherson when, way back, Miller was underpopulated. Since, they tuned their "server recommandation" system and the pop there rose up again. But I still play on Mattherson as Miller pop drops after 10 PM (GMT+1). And I mean "drop" like in "oh my god there's not even a single 12-24 on the map".

However, there are huge differences between those servers - and I often play on Waterson, too. Tactics and general teamplay are not the same (well in fact on NC Mattherson there is NO teamplay). For instance, you won't find (that much and dedicated) Gals acting as "battle plateforms" on Miller, slowly circling and tanking. Nearly static Gals get shot down. Skywhales are much more mobile and, mostly, single seated. General "level" of players on Miller is also higher, with better situationnal awareness and MUCH MORE common sense. On the other hand, Mattherson players are more keen to move and redeploy to shift fronts, while on Miller, an Amp Station fight may last five hours (and "redeploy to warpgate" orders may also take five hours for squad members to understand :D )

So, in a word, yes, checking out :p even if the higher latency means I stand no chance in infantry fight, it's kinda instructive to compare servers.

Ba-dum-tss

Comment

I know what you mean, I've played on the Waterson server and recommended that everyone create and alt on other servers so they can see the different styles and tactics of other outfits. It's a real eye opener.

Welcome to Mattherson.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X