SOE Optimization Information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] SOE Optimization Information

Looks like it will take awhile but for multicore processors it should help things. And they specifically mention AMD users!!!!!!

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...r-game.150282/
    sigpic

Re: SOE Optimization Information

An interesting read. I'm sure that's all going to take a while but I'm looking forward to it.

Now, where's Hossin and continent locking?

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Awesome. And I mean that in the truest sense of the word.

I know a lot of people gripe about various things in PS2, but I am continually amazed that they were able to make this game at all. The scales and numbers involved are mind boggling. What they are doing has got to be pushing the limits of current technology.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Considering the spectrum of low-high end platforms they must make sure this game can work on? Certainly.

I really would love if these changes would allow me to keep my Q6600 @ 2.55ghz.

Comment

Haha, sorry Todd, did not see you had already written up this post....

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
          ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

While I expect that some of the programmers are secretly bouncing with glee to have a chance to refactor slow code they haven't been allowed to touch due to producer fiat, I still feel like I need to wish them and their poor QA folks good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
              While I expect that some of the programmers are secretly bouncing with glee to have a chance to refactor slow code they haven't been allowed to touch due to producer fiat, I still feel like I need to wish them and their poor QA folks good luck...
              Indeed, I feel like subscribing to PS2 if they actually pull this enormous feet off.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
              ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...