• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Hotfix - September 11th

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...m-cest.150296/

My favourites:

Savior XP
    Added a bonus experience reward for killing an enemy player who recently severely damaged, but did not kill, a friendly player

Physics and Projectile Improvements
    Fix for projectiles not rendering when shot out of render distance (looking at you AV MANA turret)
    Fixed Striker missiles flying through terrain and buildings and still hitting targets

UI
    Added a display for Above Mean Sea Level (AMSL) to air vehicles

Bug Fixes
    Fixed issue where turrets and terminals would be instantly hacked or unrepairable
    Added a fix to prevent AOE damage hitting players inside IFF shields from certain angles
    Pilots can no longer utilize free-look to lock on to targets
    No mention of Strikers ignoring flares though, and they're still OP anyway. At least it's a start.

Honourable mention:

Alert modifications - Continent-specific facility capture alerts have been modified. They will now trigger much less often and their duration and final reward have been cut in half.
    Bio-lab grind fests reduced by 50%! Hopefully they're still working on the final half!

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Re: Hotfix - September 11th

Good news.
    sigpic

Comment

As a sniper, that Savor XP is gonna add up to a lot of XP...hehehehe

Comment

Jengles,

Aah, I was just coming to post this up, you beat me to it. :)

My list of standouts is almost the same as yours. It's really uncanny how alike we think some times. lol

Especially the Striker nonsense. Now up until now I didn't want to whine about OP because (especially as an SL/PL and Officer) it sets a bad example. But I honestly also just thought it was due to the same sort of client side hit detection and lag that causes you to run into someone when they are 10m away. To see this confirmed by SOE is a bit surprising honestly. I still agree they are too OP however. Perhaps this is why TR seems to be the latest fashionable fourth faction?

Also of note, a couple good things for pilots (AMSL, etc.) and one bad (no free look lock on) although I never use the latter. Is it common to do so in Reavers?
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Not to my knowledge. In fact, that's the first I've heard of it working.

Comment

Blah, well I suppose SOE warned us they'd done all the easy stuff. Debris is no longer disappearing and, after a lot of playing just now, my frame rate became a slide show.

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
            Jengles,

Aah, I was just coming to post this up, you beat me to it. :)

My list of standouts is almost the same as yours. It's really uncanny how alike we think some times. lol

Especially the Striker nonsense. Now up until now I didn't want to whine about OP because (especially as an SL/PL and Officer) it sets a bad example. But I honestly also just thought it was due to the same sort of client side hit detection and lag that causes you to run into someone when they are 10m away. To see this confirmed by SOE is a bit surprising honestly. I still agree they are too OP however. Perhaps this is why TR seems to be the latest fashionable fourth faction?

Also of note, a couple good things for pilots (AMSL, etc.) and one bad (no free look lock on) although I never use the latter. Is it common to do so in Reavers?
            :)

Well, those things stood out as fundamentally being wrong to me. Not "oh, this looks better now", which I certainly appreciate, but no-one likes being killed due to the type of things listed. For A2A missiles, I'd heard that locking on that way was possible, so I expect during my many hours I probably encountered the odd abuser, not that I could say for sure. A lot of those changes did affect Air, which is why I included it.

I try not to bandy about the term OP for the sake of whining. If I say it, I can say why and usually explain my thoughts or suggest changes. I've chatted to people about various options in-game before and it can be very informative. I don't think we have a space to go into that on our forums, so I deliberately leave it as "OP, but SOE are heading in the right direction". I'm glad SOE admit the problems as that's the first step to solving them (although that bug took forever!).

Comment

I wasn't trying to suggest you were whining, sorry if it came across that way.

A few people (and myself) had the slideshow after the update. Upon exiting the game and re-entering, another small patch was installed that seemed to take care of it.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Since the update............a lot more models are just floating around, I even saw 5 raven missiles along with sound effects just hanging in the air at the Octagon today. FPS dropped to unbearable and I got the "patch" as Randy did upon re-logging. I was on Indar but twice it placed me on Esamir with no wait time going back to Indar after re-logging which was strange. If this is what we have to look forward to with updates then I may cancel my subscription and sit on the sidelines.

Comment

I'd rather one, or even a few, days of problems in return for major performance work. It's either that, or the game will never have better FPS.

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                  I wasn't trying to suggest you were whining, sorry if it came across that way.

A few people (and myself) had the slideshow after the update. Upon exiting the game and re-entering, another small patch was installed that seemed to take care of it.
                  It didn't, no worries. I was just explaining my approach to the topic of balance.

Good to know, just updating now.

Comment

The major problems seem fixed, still no Warpgate shields in places though.

Also, hallelujah I'm getting single loading screens! SOE thought we liked them so much the game started with 3, then they managed to reduce it to 2, now they realise one was enough all along.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X