Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or does everyone experience this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or does everyone experience this?

I was in game today and it struck me how absolutely narrow-minded the NC is a faction. We were at NC Abandoned and had armor bearing down on us as well as BWC infantry, I had my MAX Ravens going to town and taking out armor but they had pulled around the buildings to circle Alpha point. So I had to move out into one of the buildings to address the situation, another MAX IA had come with me. Both of us had to keep running back to the spawn room where 3/4 of the NC personnel were sitting, just in order to get repaired and rearm. The building we were in was perfectly safe, mainly because we as MAXs were in it. It eventually got so bad that we both ran back to the spawn room to get healed up and no one there would repair us. Nope instead of making a ton of points giving us heals they wanted to get one more 39 assist point kill in before the base fell. Even though if they kept the MAXs up, the base wouldn't fall in the first place. There were a total of 6 MAXs of varying flavors..........none of us could get healed. And those same MAXs had fought off 2 previous TR attempts to capture the base all the while running back and forth to the spawn room. Bottom line: I got so tired and frustrated with the situation I redeployed and left them there to get slaughtered.

So when someone says "We're gonna do a MAX Crash" or "Someone pull a MAX" you can count me out.........I've noticed the same attitude even within our own outfit time and time again. Why should I waste my resources watching everyone else's back when they won't watch mine. I've played the support role as an Engy and you can ask Finestyle, we both stayed up longer than anyone else even to the point of making a structured retreat.

Watch the other factions, the TR are so so at keeping their Engy's with their MAXs. The VS on the other hand have it down to a science and that's why their MAX teams are so successful.

That's also why I usually play the sniper, the only one I have to rely on is myself because without the team discipline, you are playing by yourself so why not get good at it. But with team discipline, the points and certs come rolling in and you actually make a difference as once again, the Harrasser squads have proven.

Re: Is it just me or does everyone experience this?

I ditched kinetic and flak long ago for auto-repair.

Comment

On my other character I play engy a lot and i try to stay with my max all the way, but I'd say about 50% of the time the max ends up trying to go all rambo and I can't follow him when he walks into heavy fire. I don't know what your situation was like but thats been my experience. also for the record, if I'm playing engy i only stick to my squad/platoons maxes. if a pub max is nearby and needs heals i might help, but i won't stick with him, maybe that was a factor.

Comment

Yes, clearly the NC are narrow-minded, as you so cogently summarize a large mass of individuals, and you are exemplary.

Indeed, even our own Outfit, as you note, fails to live up to your exemplary example.

As you note, it is indeed better to play on your own.

Please continue to play on your own with this attitude.
        sigpic

Comment

What I find particularly distressing here is the negative attitude toward the TG team and the Outfit.

The faction we play on is "narrow minded".

Aside from the unsupported character of the statement this is simply denigrating the team you play on.

If the NC faction is so distressing to you, change teams. But please stop with the highly subjective, negative claims. They serve no purpose here.

I cannot say for certain, but I suspect that such behaviour is normative across PS2. Until you can substantiate otherwise, such claims are hardly constructive and healthy to the group dynamic here at TG.

If your SL or PL orders you to participate in a MAX crash, you will do so, or you will be removed from the Outfit. As we have told you repeatedly, following orders is not optional.

If you stop playing with yourself so often, and make more of an effort to promote a healthy team environment, a positive team spirit, you might find that team discipline does indeed exist here at TG.

The problem, it seems to me, lies with those that rely too much on themselves and too little on their fellow team members.
          sigpic

Comment

He's not making it up. How about we think about some constructive ways to improve coordination instead of ignoring the issue? The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one.

Everyone can see it. We are the underdogs here not because of population, but because of a lack of coordination.

But I'm still here, you're still here, Rage is still here, and we'll stick it out. The beatings will continue until morale improves, etc.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

You know emale your probably right, I seem to have a personal problem of actually having an opinion and in turn voicing it.

At no time in the posting did I ever say I was with TG or any member of the outfit although you seem to suppose that was the case. So where I may have a problem of voicing an opinion, you my friend seem to have a problem of assuming.

In turn I might add that at no time I have ever gotten on in game outfit VOIP and tried to berate someone as you have done to me for quitting one of your squads.. So please, Emale again I ask if you have a personal problem with me then limit your correspondence via personal messages. The same plea I have made to you before.

Do you honestly think that others don't share the same level of frustration? If not then why are we losing people by the droves from the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                . . .We are the underdogs here not because of population, but because of a lack of coordination.
                I have no concrete opinion on the issue of the comparative level of NCC coordination as I simply do not have any empirical way of validating such a claim.

I did get some interesting data last night on video while recording Randy interacting, and I might add, providing concrete and inspiring leadership within the NCC TS. Quite fascinating to witness and for me a rare bit of ethnographic data.

Could it be that it is not the lack of coordination we suffer from, but that our coordination occurs within smaller Outfits compared to other factions? One could reasonable posit that a collection of larger Outfits in another faction would gain significant tactical advantage even if the relative level of coordination among factions is more or less equal.

Do we have any concrete data on Outfit sizes across the factions?

What "everyone can see" is often nothing more than conventional wisdom -- a dangerous sort of group think. What I would love to see is some analysis of the issue of coordination grounded in data.

Randy, as one who interacts the most with the NCC, what is your opinion on this matter?
                Last edited by E-Male; 09-14-2013, 09:30 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                  I ditched kinetic and flak long ago for auto-repair.
                  This^

The only time you would ever use kinetic or flak is if you have a dedicated engineer to repair you. i.e. somebody actually says they will attach themselves to you for repairing.

If you are not sure you will get the repairs, I would cert into auto-repair all the way, and equip autorepair.

TG seems pretty good about repairing though. But instead of assuming it will be done, you have to ask if somebody can attach themselves to you for repairs, or...somebody will sometimes volunteer. It just something you have to clear up before you equip a MAX and deploy.

Otherwise..what happens? In a MAX, you will die quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageq3a View Post
                    At no time in the posting did I ever say I was with TG or any member of the outfit although you seem to suppose that was the case
                    Originally posted by Rageq3a View Post
                    So when someone says "We're gonna do a MAX Crash" or "Someone pull a MAX" you can count me out.........I've noticed the same attitude even within our own outfit time and time again. Why should I waste my resources watching everyone else's back when they won't watch mine.
                    I can honestly say I have seen this only a few times, if barely any at all when the situation you described has happened within the TG outfit in game, and yes, you did mention you have seen the attitude in TG, when I rarely have, so I see this as a false claim. If any has a back up for him, please post, what I see might be wrong.

There is a right and wrong way to post a personal or collective problem with a game. This is the wrong way Rage, it does destroy morale within TG and only adds to the "droves" of people being sent.

If you want a better fighting environment and teamwork, MAKE IT. Most of us try our best to be cooperative and helpful, there are only the handful of knuckleheads who don't listen to squat and are here to worsen the environment.

I've thoroughly enjoyed gaming with you and many others in the TG outfit, and can say you do foster a good environment, but it's posts like this that can reverse all the good experience a person has put into a game. There are the good, and the bad days of gaming, don't judge a game by a bunch of stupid people who are out to troll or are immature. Ranting is one way of getting out, another is understanding it was a bad day, and the next will be better.
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

With Di1l's sage words, we'll close this out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X