This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG seriously?

I came close to uninstalling last night and I'm seriously thinking about giving up this game altogether and moving on to a different one like ARMA 3.

We had a TR push on a Bio-lab so I pulled a MAX with grinders because the TR had the gen room loaded up with MAXs. I have to say that people did a pretty good job at keeping the MAXs repaired this time. But I went down anyway, now why do you think I went down as well a lot of the other NC MAXs?

Because as the MAXs were going at it toe to toe in a grueling battle, NC noobs were running between us and we were being forced to shoot our own team in order to fight the MAXs. Eventually I got weapons locked because of it. OMG I was so ticked off.............now seriously how stupid do you have to be in order to run in between MAXs fighting at a doorway just to fire an occasional shot or throw a grenade that usually bounced off the door and back on your own teams? I had an epiphany at that moment..........this game is played mostly by 8-12 years olds (to be expected on a free to play game) on Friday night's that not only have no concept of tactics or battle, but that probably don't care either. So I logged off.......I relogged on after about an hour and a half to the Mani Bio-dome scenario, nothing had changed, so I logged back off for the evening.

I've seen my frustration grow daily with this game, PS2 crashed yesterday while myself and 4 other people were sitting at Alpha point waiting for it flip and no one else was there for km's around, I see more and more desync problems with people floating in the air, me unloading a clip in people and them not dieing but hitting me twice and I'm dead, the cheaters run rampant in the game, and the under 12 yos ruining all aspects of tactical gaming, the cussing and immaturity at the warpgate, and they are suppose to introduce new content when the old content is still so f***ed up. I mean seriously folks, is this how a game of this nature suppose to be? You may still see me in game, but you can bet I'm back to sitting on a hilltop somewhere sniping the crap out of the dweebs on the server. I'm done with anything that requires more than a squad.

Re: OMG seriously?

Living up to your game-name, eh?

We've all got our bad days, and I'll freely admit that I've ragequit PS2 more than a couple of times.

The large-scale ops though are what make Planetside, and I've had many of my greatest gaming experiences here. I'll take the good with the bad and keep coming back, because every idiot that's run in front of my fire is worth it in the end.

Gotta say though, I'm surprised at the weapons lock. I haven't been locked once since beta. And my game's been stable without crashes and hit detection has been flawless. I guess I can see how having those issues might spoil the game a bit.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

In regards to the cussing and immaturity, people spam coms and TK for one thing: a response. Give them attention or even acknowledging that they're being annoying and they'll just keep on going. The realm of anonymity the the internet grants people to have the ability to say and do what they could never do before. I'm not talking directly to you RAGE, but to all of TG; be the better person. When someone team kills you, DON'T give them a response, get up and forget. TK'ing gets quickly boring when people aren't yelling profanely back at you.

The occasional desync problems are indeed horrible but given the enormous amount of people that can be in one area, this problem can be expected.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
      ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

I like to play devil's advocate a lot, so here's my opinion on people running in front of MAXes. I'm guilty of it myself sometimes, but usually the situation is that the max is hesitating to push through said doorway, when that is the maxes most significant role. If you're a max and the infantry behind you is less afraid to push through the door than you, you're doing it wrong. Now, I don't know the specific circumstances you were in, so maybe they were just stupid, but that's my insight into the matter.

Comment

I know the feeling, mostly from just leading I don't understand the reasoning of. Never had a crash or many at all with de-sync issues but I can see why that would be a problem.
          the younger folk are attracted to FTP because they dont have to convince there parents to buy it for them. It is a problem if they are immature.

I personally do not like rant posts, creates bad morale, there are many other ways to get a point across about a tactical/game problem without this kinda post.
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Well put Di1lweed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed