Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good video for placing yourself in a tower.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Good video for placing yourself in a tower.

Some of the things this guy does are sketchy for TG ie: ledging and such. But he is almost always right when he tells you where to position yourself.
    It was also an eye opener to see the kind of guy that kills me with almost no effort at all. :row__639:

sigpic

Re: Good video for placing yourself in a tower.

Great video, thanks.

17:42 - 18:18 = Best MAX kill I've ever seen, even though it was accidental.

Wrel is always very logical and the sheer amount of times I tend to die in certain places vs others fits with his varying descriptions. It's good to see my experiences match up, as I've already worked most of this into my play.

In a tower battle, there are usually plenty of blueberries and enemies alike who will run around all the obvious locations and draw most of the attention / gunfire. Once you know where it's better or worse to be you can outplay them. I agree with Wrel: use an advantageous location until the enemy starts hitting you or you get a couple kills, then move on.

Although, this is for solo or undirected play. If you can get an organised squad to all take the same route with complimenting kits that's even better.

As the video touches on, C4 can be awesome when you're defending. Attackers become grouped up trying to cover doorways and you can usually kill half a squad or more with a couple C4 (I always use Light Assault, as they're less likely to look up).

Does ledging need discussing?

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJengles View Post
      17:42 - 18:18 = Best MAX kill I've ever seen, even though it was accidental.

Although, this is for solo or undirected play. If you can get an organised squad to all take the same route with complimenting kits that's even better.

Does ledging need discussing?
      Re: Max kill, lol yep.

I don't see ledging as being sketchy re: Primer in and of itself (I see it as smart / taking a good firing position, esp for LA, it's intended role), but rather that it is more a tactic for lone wolf players (which is against teamwork, and in that respect, against the Primer). In fact, Wrel makes a lot of really good videos, but a lot of the things he talks about are geared toward your average lone wolfer. But as Jengles says, put a squad in those same positions and that works too.

In fact, I have been watching a lot of his videos lately and have been convinced now of the utility of a drifter jump jet setup, and purchased my first few levels of that today. :)

Paths and elevators I already knew about, but it bears repeating for others who may be unaware.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Good individual tactics are not against the Primer unless it violates an order, like squad cohesion. I think it is as important for teamwork oriented players to know how to rely on themselves as it is to rely on a squad. That is how people become "dependable" and will watch your back well. Indeed, a lot of the top solo players will be seen with a squad/platoon as often as they are alone.

A general attack/defend order lends itself to these tactics but I'd still rather multiple squads sticking together holding particular areas. You could always have an additional squad dedicated to this role, perhaps mainly Light Assault. Teamwork and individual tactics can easily coexist.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

True.

I also think it would be a lot of fun to get a dedicated LA squad going in certain circumstances (Bio Lab, Esamir walled base, tower attack / defense). Classes like LA (and Infil) are oft-maligned here at TG because those who play those classes seem to frequently run off by themselves instead of sticking with the squad. But it doesn't necessarily have to be that way. Squigzy from WMD gave an excellent example of this on Friday during FNF (you can see him going into the Bio Lab first to take the rooftops with a dedicated LA squad, 10 seconds before the Max crash in the video ghost just posted).

I have been playing LA a bit more lately, in a Bio Lab for example there is a whole another fight that goes on up above for the rooftops. lol Something I had not experienced much yet in game (except for them dropping C4 on me, lol). You can't Max crash or push or anything if we don't hold the rooftops, as their LAs will just C4 our massed troops to death.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X