• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Friday Night Fights 9/20/13

Friday Night Fights

Event Time: Friday, September 20, 8:00 PM EDT (GMT -5) / 9:00 PM EST

Organizational Strategy

Seeing as how Friday nights are also NCC Operations nights, I would again like to participate in this (as we did last week). However, depending on which outfits are present in NCC and how things go, I may potentially want to employ a new strategy of using an XO to direct the platoon on the objective/tactical level, while I retain overall command and liaise with NCC (as discussed in the AAR from last week). Therefore I will be looking for someone to fill this role in the signup, should I decide to utilize it.

I would again like to promote a "back to basics" approach, with a focus on good comms usage, teamwork and cooperation (especially between diverse specialty squads), and having fun. Let's also try to have a good turnout in TeamSpeak, in case in game comms go down (as they did again as recently as last week or so). If you haven't set it up yet, you have the rest of this week to do so, all the info can be found here.

If the situation favors it, I would like to employ the strategy that Assault9 outlines in this post (please also read that) by forming up a combined air and armor platoon to respond to and break enemy encirclements. I am envisioning mostly air and armor (and Harasser) assets, with a few mechanized (Sundy transported) infantry sprinkled into the mix (consisting of primarily HAs with a lot of anti armor / air rockets, supported by a few Medics and Engis).

I would also like to try and work in the Amp Station - Fast Break Technique if the right situation arises for that particular tactic, so please make sure you have read the guide and understand the strategy (or at least understand one or two roles that you would likely volunteer for). It's a long thread full of discussion, but there is a link in the first thread to our current working version (1.1) if you are more interested in the "how" than the "why."

Please sign up as soon as possible and spread the word so we get a great turnout. I would like to at least get leadership roles (SLs and PLs) assigned before Friday. Remember, many people do not come to the forums so spread the word in game during the week in Outfit as well as our platoons.

Start time: 8:00 PM EDT (GMT -5) / 9:00 PM EST

In Game Name (Please use the exact name for the server/faction we are playing):
    In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none):
    Roles Desired, at least three in descending order please:
    Have you read Assault9's post (linked above)(Y/N)?
    Have you read the Amp Station Fast Break Technique post (linked above)(Y/N)?
    Favorite Military/War Movie:
    Additional Information:
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Friday Night Fights 9/20/13

In Game Name: Ghostshooter101
    1. Vangaurd
    2.HA
    3.any other kit
    Have you read Assault9's post (linked above)(Y/N)? N
    Have you read the Amp Station Fast Break Technique post (linked above)(Y/N)? Y (was there, sort of)
    Favorite Military/War Movie: Saving Private Ryan
    Additional Information: I get on around 11:20pm EST

Comment

SwampFox1123
      1. Medic
      2. anti-tank HA
      3. Lightning Tank
      Y
      Y
      Kelly's Heroes
      Getting off early-ish (10:30) due to next-day cross country meet.

Comment

In Game Name: Starstriker
        In-House Division: Unaffiliated
        1. Air squad squad/platoon lead
        2. Infantry squad/platoon lead
        3. Air/infantry SM
        Have you read Assault9's post? Yes
        Have you read the Amp Station Fast Break Technique post? Yes, and participated in practise runs
        Favorite Military/War Movie: wut r movies?????
        Additional Information: I'd be interested in trialing a heavy interceptor squad if the opportunity presents itself, pending your approval. I'll also try to do preliminary trials sometime mid-week, but we'll see how everything else cooperates with that... Also, if you want an XO I'm game for that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X