Building names:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building names:

Came across this in my VS outfit's forum. Not sure how useful it will actually be, but I figure any aid to communication can only help, right?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...d1g/edit?pli=1

Re: Building names:

I have thought about this myself many times and im still on the fence as to whether this is a good idea or not. Good when you got a solid consistent group that knows the call signs, but bad when you don't is essentially what it boils down too.

Comment

Its not bad in any form. Its only good.

If the people aren't frequent enough to utilize it it doesn't hurt them because they have no vocabulary for those buildings anyways.

Comment

I am with Yt on this one. I have started using some of the names, I figure they will catch on by context and usage.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

When the buildings are iconic (like the "fan" building) the few times I've seen this comms scheme used (I think by Rage?) it's been helpful. When the description immediately makes me think of the building in question without having to know the scheme beforehand, you know you have a winner! The consistency is just bonus. :)

Comment

A potential extension of this is an in depth analysis of the large bases which tend to follow a specific prefab scheme.

I'll look in to this.

Comment

BUMP!!!!!!

I use these names and they are soooo effective, instead of saying lets migrate to the building NW and there being 3 buildings in that direction and the group kind of fanning out before the sl enters the actual building, you can just say move nw to the chevy and every one is on the same page.

I even had an encounter in a previois post where some one "corrected" me saying something like ; " the "powerhouse" building in game is called the gen room" .. although it is a gen room i had a palm face moment.

SO PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS DOCUMENT
              SPEAK UP! and lets combat the fog of war together.

Comment

To be fair, the gen room is just as descriptive, especially since so many aren't aware of this (I really should learn these names).

Although it's no use face palming, just politely direct people to spread the word around. People here are very willing to adopt sensible nomenclature if generally agreed on.

For generator rooms, it might help to add "powerhouse with shield unit" or "X with spawn unit", as both power or generate something.

Also, SLs and PLs, please use Waypoints generously (compass directions too, to a lesser degree). Even if you know the names of places your SMs may not. I constantly place markers each time I refer to a building, before or as I run to it.

For those who don't know, you can unbind your mouse (default right-alt) allowing you to place waypoints on your mini-map. There's also an auto-run button (I think default is =).

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Another thing to understand is that what one outfit may call something, another may not. Which is perfectly understandable and acceptable.

Comment

Maybe i came off to agro, but it is my opinion that using the names of the buildings is the easiest tactic to get people some where.

And i had no idea you could place markers on the minimap! Thank you, i will try that out asap.
                    SPEAK UP! and lets combat the fog of war together.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X