Just tried Vanu for the first time.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tried Vanu for the first time.

WOW Their base LMG has about the same or less kick than my Cyclone sub machine gun.

I knew they had less kick just not that much less :-)
    sigpic

Re: Just tried Vanu for the first time.

It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

I'll agree that the low skill learning curve on VS weapons is defiantly more forgiving in comparison to NC however, however it seems to plateau once you reach higher skill levels unlike NC weapons. (ie 2 shot head-shot kill on Gauss saw, higher TTK on rotery in, etc.). And even then you can normally find a weapon that compares quite nicely.

Comment

@Finestyle:

So, so true, great pic. LOL! VS weapons are easy mode!
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I really wish TG had selected Vanu as our faction. The pew pew is very cool, especially with the updated sound effects for the weapons.

No... we chose rockabilly Space 'Murica. Yay. :D

Comment

Don't get too comfortable in those leotards Todd!

Comment

If you just stick with one faction, you're only playing 1/3 of the game. The other two factions are a nice change of pace.

Also, my Alpha Squad boost is done on my NC dude, so I'm playing my VS a lot more since the boost has a long way to go and the clock is ticking. The spandex makes me feel very sexy, like Ned Flanders in his ski suit.

It sucks that it started off a Sol Tech and is now a Mattherson though, as I've killed a couple of you guys on occasion. I try to steer clear of TG when I see them as it makes me feel like a turn-coat. I apologized to you in a tell the other night Todd, I don't think you saw it, but you got a revenge on me a few minutes later anyways as were 1v1ing at a satellite outpost . :)

Harleypoo (my purple alter ego)

Comment

Hahaha I didn't know it was you. I also don't know how to send a tell :-) I also didn't know you could send tells to the enemy.

I am still in my learning faze :-) I figure by the time I get to level 100 I might know about this game!
                sigpic

Comment

The Orion LMG is probably the best starting weapon there is, across all the factions. It's the highest RoF LMG, has low recoil, a fast reload speed (even the long reload is only 4 seconds), and has a faster ADS movement speed. It's a wonderful weapon to have as a HA in close quarters fights, and it works pretty well out to some respectable ranges. The only real complaint I can make about it is that the clip feels a bit small, which isn't surprising when you put a clip that's half the size of the SAW's on a weapon that empties it 50% faster. (SAW takes 12 seconds to empty a 100 round magazine. Orion chews through its 50 rounds in 4.) Other than that, I'd really like a 2X Reflex on it, and it really feels like a weapon that should have access to Soft-point Ammo and/or Advanced Laser Sights. While it'd be nice, I'm also perfectly willing to admit that Extended Magazines on an Orion might be game breaking.

I gotta say though, the VS Carbines and Assault rifles are all kinda *meh*. If I'm not playing HA, I'm basically using an SMG. Or I'm playing Infil with a Scout Rifle.

Comment

I am curious how many people here at TG play Planetside but not with the TG Outfit?
                    sigpic

Comment

If you look around, you can see a few people sporting some dirty TR nonsense in their sigs. No VS sightings though, at least by me. DiscoJedi told me he was a big time VS guy in PS1, sounds about right (incidentally "Sex Drugs and Lazers" is a great name for a VS outfit. yep completely unrelated, just thought I'd throw that out there. lol).

But yeah, I'd be curious as to the answer to that question as well Todd.
                      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

TG members donning enemy uniforms and playing OPFOR would make for some good and proper training scenarios at rural uncontested bases.

Just sayin'. :D

Comment

Oh, I agree. Or we could finally test those AV turrets, and add another column to that table. :)

Comment

I play a vanu alt time to time though I'm still below br 5 I believe. One important note is that I killed MrJengles in his fancy reaver with a stock scythe.............as he was on fire landing for repairs not cause by me :P

Sure, maybe vanu and tr got the little better side of things, but the NC default sniper trumps the other two by a "longshot".

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                            ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...