The Race to BR100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] The Race to BR100

Some of us have been watching the Outfit roster for a while now, if you sort it by BR you can see who has the highest BR in the Outfit. Currently, Finestyle is at BR 99 and should hit 100 soon. As RAGE said in another post, there is no race really, as Finestyle has it all but sewn up. :) I suppose I just wanted to document the occasion for posterity. So, here are the current standings as of today:

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: The Race to BR100

good job finestyle! and Jengles! pretty awesome!
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I just hit 45 =p

Comment

I hit 58..months ago, and before that, 57, which also took awhile. I haven't really played in months.

Comment

And here I am, a lowly 38. I guess that's what happens when I play ~3 hours a week. LOL

Comment

Wow you guys really turned up the juice on ranking up

Comment

The best thing about that leader board is that aside from Buflak the recent activity of the higher ranks is fairly good.

The worst being the 135 certs :P

Looks like I wont be hitting BR 100 as soon as I thought, from 99 to 100 its 1,250,000 xp needed (I think I have about 600,000 to go), but I'm real busy atm so wont have much game time.
              It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
              - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Definitely becomes a grind the higher you get. I think once you hit 50, everything feels like it takes soo long to reach the ever increasing bar for levels.

Here is a alternative site that tracks all the TG (and personal) stats if anyone is interested... PlanetSide Intel Link
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

BR 93 last night..........

Originally posted by Finestyle View Post
                  The worst being the 135 certs :P
                  From the guy that broke the PS2 bank in certs........................

Comment

Originally posted by Rageq3a View Post
                    BR 93 last night..........

From the guy that broke the PS2 bank in certs........................
                    a/k/a the guy who has to watch his certs and make sure to spend some every time he approaches 10k, lest he lose some. lol
                    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                      Definitely becomes a grind the higher you get. I think once you hit 50, everything feels like it takes soo long to reach the ever increasing bar for levels.
                      Definitely, I reached br 50 sometime in the beginning of summer, and now, after almost daily play I'm almost 69. Then again, I don't have a membership.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                      ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Finestyle better get his butt back in the game or I'm liable to beat him to 100...........lol, seriously though I know he probably won't have a butt since he's been working it off on a big job recently.

Comment

Alright, I'm overdue for posting updated proof, but finally got around to it today. I realize this happened a few days ago already, so apologies for the delay.

And so, without further ado, I would like to congratulate our very first Outfit member to reach BR 100, Finestyle! Now we have really arrived as an outfit. :p

Looks like Jengles is going to be second, he just hit 99 today (and discussion in Outfit text in game about that is what prompted me to post this in fact). :)

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                            Yeah, true, it does take a while to get up to higher BRs, hence me making this thread to recognize those who have. I don't think any of us who are high BR got here because we set out to though, but rather because we enjoy the game and play it a lot (and some have SOE memberships, which increase cert gain rate). After playing for a long time, you just eventually get up in BR as a side effect of that.

For any outsiders reading this, or new players considering starting up, I would say not to be discouraged by those who may be high BR, as a rank novice in this game can still beat someone else in a gunfight, the starting guns are pretty good in their own right in most cases (most alternative weapons are "sidegrades"), and you can always contribute (especially in a TG squad) by playing a supporting role such as Medic or Engineer. Vehicles are the same, you can add some nice things through upgrades, but you can hold your own with a stock tank, fighter, or bomber. Skill cap makes more of a difference than certs and equipment. SOE really have struck the balance between Free To Play and Pay To Win, which is difficult to do IMO.

There is so much to see and do in this very large game, a little something for everyone, from the twitch FPS shooter, to the aspiring Squad Leader, Platoon Leader, all the way up to getting to know the other Outfit leaders in our server and crafting the overall strategy of our entire faction on the server (and thereby sometimes having control of, or coordinating with, up to 10-15 platoons of troops (that's over 500 people)). The scale of this game is like nothing else I have ever seen. For me personally, it's that latter coordination on a very large scale that appeals to me. But to each their own, everyone can have a role as I said, from the lowliest grunt all the way up to one of the recognized leaders of the faction.

Comment

Congrats Finestyle. It was a bit of sideshow fun to race you for a time there.

Rage, come back! You're so close to BR100.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X