The Reason We Choose TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Reason We Choose TG

I just spent about an hour in a 3 squad platoon that was dominated by a 12 year old not being able to figure out how to communicate via voice in Platoon Chat, and the Platoon Leader, and my current Squad Leader trying to direct him to press 1 on the Numpad.

After about 45 minutes of random platoon chatter, coming from both random squad members, the 14 year old high pitch voice SL in my squad screaming obscenities at the 12 year old, and a British Platoon Leader trying to help the situation by telling the group they should remain calm and talk through the issue and scalding the 14 year old multiple times for being vulgar and rude (which was completely ignored), they managed to get from the kid that his keyboard didn't even have a NUMPAD, and he had been hitting 1 on the top row of numbers. This came after I mentioned "Make sure it's the numpad 1 and not the top row of numbers 1" at least six times.

Then, the next 15 to 20 minutes of my life was spent being barraged by both the PL and SL AND the 12 year old trying to recruit everyone in the platoon to their Outfit. Over, and over again I heard, "You wanna join?", "Are you sure you don't wanna join?" "We're a great group of people, come on man.".....

Somehow in this chaos we managed to take The Bastion. I believe it was because the number of enemies via the map read NONE while the number of allies read 24-48. After we took The Bastion and waited roughly 6 minutes for the PL to issue new orders (after getting off the phone, which he somehow managed to broadcast across the entire platoon), I realized that the Galaxy we were loading up was piloted by the 12 year old mentioned above (I only know ages because it was an active discussion somewhere in the middle of all this)... At the moment that I realized that our galaxy full of 12 people was sitting on a vehicle spawn landing pad, I decided to leave the platoon and find something else... and it was right about the moment that I hit P on my keyboard that the 14 year old spawned a second Galaxy that we didn't even need, and subsequently blew up the one with the 11 other squad members in it. As I stared at the screen showing my corpse alongside the 10 other people in my squad, I realized that there is a reason I choose TG.

So, for what it's worth, if you feel like you don't like a rule, or someone is a little too pushy as a SL or PL, there's a reason those things are happening. There's a reason that we do things the way we do. I've been with TG for a long time. I've played Battlefield, Natural Selection, Natural Selection 2, Counter-Strike Source, and PS2 with this group of people. And I can tell you right now... it may not always work out, but the way we do it is the RIGHT WAY TO DO IT.

So the next time you get a little upset because something didn't work out in a TG squad or platoon, and you think, "Man, I could be in another outfit in less than 5 minutes..." remember... the grass may seem greener, but it's only because the fertilizer is thicker underneath it.

Mom
    Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
    Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
    Forever Perplexed

Re: The Reason We Choose TG

I remember when I was about to quit planetside 2 because I kept running into situations like you explained. Right before i was going to give up I decided to try one more squad and it just happened to be a TG squad =p now I cant wait to get home and play everyday. Just wish more you would be online in the morning lol

Comment

I understand completely, but my main thing about TG as a whole, is that when I joined after a 2 hour hold out from the TR in a tower on amerish with 2 TG squads with DaddyofThree as PL I was awe stricken at the organization and asked if i could join and so it was. I know i'm but a youngin in the eyes of most members, but it has changed since I joined. I've been thinking, and before I took my rather long... break, it was for 2 reasons, 1. harassers....to many freakking harassers. and 2. players, the ladies and gentlemen I started with have mostly either left TG or simply quit playing and tonight I found out that another man i've been playing with is soon to retire his PS2 account increasing the number of folks i original spent time and time again healing that no longer play, higher. I don't know if its made any sense, but it's my views on it all.

Comment

yeah I've only been here for a few months but I can testify to what doc is saying the member base has changed in PS2. When certain members are on its great but other times its not as great but still fun.

Comment

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
          I just spent about an hour in a 3 squad platoon that was dominated by a 12 year old not being able to figure out how to communicate via voice in Platoon Chat, and the Platoon Leader, and my current Squad Leader trying to direct him to press 1 on the Numpad.
          Mom
          I'm confused. The way the thread title is worded, I had figured you would be talking about an experience with a non-TG squad, yet here you are discussing Randy and BolivianRAMPAGE trying to show starstriker1 how to use VOIP...

I must be missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
            I'm confused. The way the thread title is worded, I had figured you would be talking about an experience with a non-TG squad, yet here you are discussing Randy and BolivianRAMPAGE trying to show starstriker1 how to use VOIP...

hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha I just laughed so hard

Comment

yeah I've only been here for a few months but I can testify to what doc is saying the member base has changed in PS2. When certain members are on its great but other times its not as great but still fun.
              I think you'll find that, just like with most great MMO's, playerbase changes are only temporary. I mean, how many of the guys that have played PS2 can really leave and not go, "Man, I wish I was doing a gal drop right now" at least once a week.

BF4 is gonna be big, and it's gonna kill the playerbase for a while... but it will get stale, just like all games do, and people will come back.

How'd you know their names? ;)

I understand completely, but my main thing about TG as a whole, is that when I joined after a 2 hour hold out from the TR in a tower on amerish with 2 TG squads with DaddyofThree as PL I was awe stricken at the organization and asked if i could join and so it was. I know i'm but a youngin in the eyes of most members, but it has changed since I joined. I've been thinking, and before I took my rather long... break, it was for 2 reasons, 1. harassers....to many freakking harassers. and 2. players, the ladies and gentlemen I started with have mostly either left TG or simply quit playing and tonight I found out that another man i've been playing with is soon to retire his PS2 account increasing the number of folks i original spent time and time again healing that no longer play, higher. I don't know if its made any sense, but it's my views on it all.
              Doc, it seems to me that you have an issue with both the game and TG. I read the thread about IHS, and while I understand your frustrations... one thing I've come to learn from TG is that it's a lot like "The Man"... you can't really fight the system. It's best, for the enjoyment of yourself and the others around you, to just go with the flow. With that being said, it's also encouraged to express your concerns. Just don't be offended when no one agrees or your concerns are not in line with the consensus.

Trust me... I started TG when I was like 16. I know what it's like to say, "Hey guys, blah blah blah.." and have a bunch of old rednecks go, "Shaht up, kid." The community makes the gameplay what it is, and the gameplay is what we're all here for. You have to decide, as I did a long time ago, if the gameplay is worth the effort. If you give it long enough, and you stick with it... you'll come to find out that the gameplay is worth the effort, and the community will become like a family. I stopped playing with TG for over 6 years... I got banned from another game's server. I was mad, and I left. After a year or so... I regretted it. I ended up not coming back because I felt like I'd be embarrassed. Eventually, I grew up some, and stopped caring if I was embarrassed or not. And now, 6 years later, I'm back in TG, and I realize that I lost a LOT of the glory days of TG. It's still a great community, but the game play in NS 6 years ago doesn't even compare to the gameplay in NS2 today.

But, I would like to point out that "I'm not going to play with TG in X game anymore" doesn't get anything done. It's basically the same thing as Randy's daughter's boyfriend saying, "I'm not going to date your daughter cuz you're too strict." Randy doesn't care... in fact, he's probably smiling about it. It's much more productive to say, "I'd like to see this change happen, and I understand if you do not agree" than it is to say, "I want this or I quit"... (Of course, this is all assuming a woman would even dare consider creating a child with Randy... which, I highly doubt, given my very limited experience with Randy drunk... somehow, I imagine a guy with a mullet wearing a white tank top and boxers sitting in a dingy recliner in a trailer somewhere out in the desert when I think about Randy) :P

For now, if you don't think PS2 is where you want to be, try Natural Selection 2. Wyzcrak and the vets over there are a GREAT group of people... and the game is relatively similar to PS2. I think you'll enjoy it, and I would recommend anyone considering taking a break from PS2 to try it out if you haven't already. It takes some getting used to, but when the teams are right, the gameplay is amazing.

Mom
              Games lubricate the body and the mind. - Benjamin Franklin
              Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds. -Miranda Lambert

You're a 34, Mom. Thirty. Four.
              Forever Perplexed

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply but I'm almost POSITIVE that it means war. :P

Comment

I thought this was a great thread, especially the "Shaht up kid" quote! LOL

Right up until that part about some guy in a dingy recliner in a trailer somewhere... oO

Boonhauer mumbling: Dang ol.... well you aughta.... (indecipherable).... should know..... (mumble mumble)... you is from... (mumbles)... Ten ah see.... :p

In all fairness, I was pretty hammered the other night, haha. I'm sure I was playing a lot of music in prox, and I'm sure it was old country if I was drunk. LOL Played all night until a couple hours after the sun came up here, winning (or did we only take second, I thought I remembered doing pretty well) several alerts even during VS office hours.

At one point in the night, I am pretty sure we were the only active NC platoon on the server (or perhaps of any faction); a roughshod amalgamation of various NCC outfits, GOONs, and blueberries (many of whom were drunk), but who somehow managed to maintain comms (for the most part) and battlefield effectiveness. I haven't run the late night crew in a good long while, and it was good times even if it took me 2 days to recover afterwards. LOL

In fact, I don't think I have been in game since then, except to do some admin paperwork. LOL Actually, I better go and log in, I bet my passive certs are just sitting there at 48 and overflowing... :/
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by YerMom View Post
                    There's a reason that we do things the way we do. I've been with TG for a long time. I've played Battlefield, Natural Selection, Natural Selection 2, Counter-Strike Source, and PS2 with this group of people. And I can tell you right now... it may not always work out, but the way we do it is the RIGHT WAY TO DO IT.
                    This. This right here is the reason why I came back to TG and refuse to join any other clan. We know how to do it the right way and even though we may goof up a few times, we do eventually succeed in our goal.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X