9-10-2013 Alert and TR MAXS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] 9-10-2013 Alert and TR MAXS

Yesterday during and alert I was at a bio-lab defending. I believe it was Saurva but I wouldn't swear to it. The TR were pushing hard and had the teleporter tube next to the gen room and had already started taking the gen down before we knew it. The TR wanted that base and wanted it bad. I along with several others went to the gen room to find at least 8-10 MAXs in the room sprinkled between the 2 floors complete with engineers. There was so much fire coming from the room it looks like someone drop a match in the fireworks locker. Getting infantry into the room was next to impossible..............so what do you do in a situation like that?

What I did was to pull a Raven MAX. Granted my Raven MAX is fully certed in armor, Nanite repair, etc.........but the most amazing thing happened. I pulled the MAX and instantly had 2 Engy's one on either side both with repair tools out and lighting me up with repair. We started by entering the SCU room, I stood outside SCU room within reach of the engy's and started firing into the gen room where at least 3 TR MAXs were standing in the door way pretty smug in their gen room lock down. I targeted each MAX hitting them with 4 rounds of rockets (8 total rockets), even though they had a Engy with repair on them they went down. Once the first one fell I targeted the next until he hit the floor. The next one seeing his buddies lying at his feet started backing up. I advanced, there is a spot where the MAXs on the second floor can't shoot you since your angle is above the door sill as they are looking down. The Raven are 'guided' so I could shoot and then guide the Raven to their mark, the MAXs on the second floor started falling. I advanced, slowly as I worked my way to the door I guided the Raven around the door frame to hit MAXs and infantry, friendly infantry started moving in and launching grenades into the room from the sides, we advanced. I went into the gen room and continued laying fire on the MAXs that were still in the room, they started falling faster since the grenade launchers had placed a lot of damage on them. I cleared off the stairway and advance to the second floor since we had a fire team stationed on the teleporter room by now. I cleared 4 MAxs off the second floor point room. I remember that as we first entered the gen room I heard in proxy one of the friendlies say "OMG look at the bodies" you could barely see the textures on the floor due to the amount of bodies that had died in there, it was easily a platoon's worth. I was taking a ton of fire and could see my health going from almost red to full bars of health in what seemed like an instant. I have to thank those nameless Engineers that stayed on me from the minute I pulled the MAX until the second floor was cleared.

Moral of the story: Ravens kill everything, if you don't have an Engy as a MAX, your wasting resources.

Re: 9-10-2013 Alert and TR MAXS

Sounds like an epic battle! I love these types of moments in gaming
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Damn. I'd always pegged Ravens as a long range weapon, and Falcons as the preferable close range anti-vehicle weapon. Guess I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
        Damn. I'd always pegged Ravens as a long range weapon, and Falcons as the preferable close range anti-vehicle weapon. Guess I was wrong.
        Falcons are still a very powerful close range weapon, even arguably more so than the Ravens.
        I recall one biolab fight, similar to what Rage described, the TR were just dominating that gen room anything that walked infront of that door, even for an instant, was killed. This very much included maxs
        So I decided you know... these shotguns aren't really working at the moment, So I grabbed my dual falcons and just spammed them into the door way (firing 1 after another for better suppression). I was eventually capable (provided the help of a few engi's to completely suppress that staircase, anyone who poked their head out (even a max with an engi) would lose either most, if not all their health on MY whim instead of theirs. The infantry (who were formally getting insta-gibed) where now capable of flanking in through all the other entrances, Crushing the TR from all sides.

The TR were so well suppressed I hardly ever went below 40% health.

Comment

I knew I should have took the time to hop on! Bah. Awesome play sir! I too would have thought the falcon would have been better. I shall give the Ravens a second look.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X