What all medics need to know

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What all medics need to know

There is a way to decrease the amount of time it takes to revive somebody. While reviving somebody, hit the ability key (default "f") and your revive time will decrease significantly. There is a certain element of timing needed for this to work; however, after a few tries you should get the hang of this. This handy ability may be exclusive to max tier medic revivegun, but I will load up an alt. character and edit this post later.

EDIT: Yes, I tested with a level 1 gun and it did indeed work; therefore, we can assume that it will work across all levels.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Re: What all medics need to know

This is a great tip that I believe Doc taught me. We should come up with a starters manual 'TG Style' to help new recruits and less active players.

It is incredibly beneficial in many situations for the lower level medi-gun peeps (I myself still have only level 4) for two reasons:
    -Speedier revive time
    -Speedier heal time

I believe for the starting medic, IE BR 20 and lower, rank 4 Nano-Regen Ability and rank 3 Medical Applicator is the best 131 certs a person could spend. Especially in TG since you will constantly be getting an XP buff for helping squad mates. Using this trick will allow medics of lower BR/certpool increased ability and in turn help out our grunts.

Comment

Huh, I wonder whether that's intentional or a bug. I suppose it's plausible, SOE have a record of not explaining things, like the engineer having 2 ammo packs (turret alt-fire to access the second).

Great tip Penny.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the ability to place two ammo packs at once removed?

And on-topic, do you still get the increase in revive speed if you activate prox heal before you start to revive?
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Two ammo packs simultaneously might be removed but you've gotten two means to deploy one.

I do not believe you get the boost in revive speed if done before the revive.

Comment

Some more things I've learned as a medic as I've play was

1. Low level medics still need to heal someone after they revive them, so what I used to do was get my AOE heal going as I revived them to get a significantly quicker heal AFTER the ally was revived.

2. Your AOE heal ability is a savior when engaging an enemy, this habit I've developed is to hit F when I start engaging an enemy (similar to the heavies shield) so I get healed as he shoots me (its slight at first, but becomes even better later on).

3. C4 is a good utility, but don't neglect the universal utilities (Medical Kit and Restoration Kit), I first used the Med Kit on my CQC Infil to increase survivability when in solo and ghost squad OPs, but realized that it can also have the potential to save your hide as a medic due to the fact that your heal ability needs a charge and sometimes wont heal quick enough to keep you out with the front line troops.

4. Now I have all SMGs' and my main AR is the Reaper DMR, my medic alone has 5 set load outs for different scenarios.

- When I'm with Al, I can plan on needing my Reaper DMR with either a 1x optic or my Laco 3.4x due to the fact that Al tends to stick to mid-range to long-range with maxes, heavies, and engie turrets.
            - When Randy leads, he likes to do air assault style drops directly into an enemy base, therefore I have a loadout with a Blitz, Cyclone, and PDW for CQC.
            - And when you're with someone who you don't know how they lead but you're going to a bio lab, be smart and show initiative, stop by a sundy and grab an SMG, but if you're going to an AMP station, you may need a longer range weapon.

I'm sure that if a new medic takes note of all these tips and the tips to come from senior medics in-game, I'm sure we will have more effective medics out there. The only problem that no guide will be able to really fix, is the fact that even a medic gets kill thirsty and they need to realize when to fight and when to keep your comrades in the fight more.

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post

And on-topic, do you still get the increase in revive speed if you activate prox heal before you start to revive?
              No, you do not get an increase in revive speed unless the proximity heal is activated after the revive has been started.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
              ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

That sounds like a bit of a bug.

Comment

Maybe the bug is that the ability does not speed up the revive when triggered first.

Ultimately there is no way to know until word from god comes down. As such take it as a feature, I'd say.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X