According to SOE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] According to SOE

According to SOE if you log in on the test server within the next few days.......https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...o-test.155054/ then they will give you a 50% 3 day boost. There are some stipulations. The idea is they want to get a bunch of players on the test server (Indar specific) to test out the changes they have made to optimize the game engine for higher FPS. Check it out, I did and found that indeed the game play was a lot smoother............but then it always has been on the test server since no one is there.

Re: According to SOE

Have they announced that the patch has been applied yet, they said in the next few days it will be, I do not see any announcements about it being applied to the test server, should be interesting to see how the game performs with the patch though, looking forward to it.

Comment

Honesty dunno.......the post was dated yesterday and it said today or shortly, what does that mean? I have a i7-2600 with 16 gig bytes memory and 2 GTX560 cards in SLI config. I have PS2 on the hard drive with >2ms seek but still runs like crap on large battles (flipping cards like crap). On the test server today I was getting >120 FPS while driving a Harrasser in turbo which dipped to 90 FPS when at the Crown.........4 other players were on the ground there was 1 in a Reaver with 3 scythes after him. The play was smooth all the way through though. Not a good test by any means, I'd be interested to see what happens when there are 48+ people there. But that can only happen IF people actually log on to the test server..........which I have yet to see a lot of people on the test server in the past 5 months. Guess we'll see.

Comment

I think the test server is way under valued. It's a great place to try out new weapons, vehicles, and tactics if you can get an opponent to work with. Personally I'd like to see some TG vs. TG events there.

Comment

The patch has been applied. Right now the test server is locked for internal testing.
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

First impressions: You do get higher FPS......that said there are dips and valleys depending on the amount of action going on which is to be expected. In the warpgate I was getting as high as 175 FPS, In the Bio-dome during heavy fighting (48+ enemy) I was getting avg of 90s. Mind you I have a pretty good rig for running these types of games as well.

The Bio-dome has been completely revamped from a spawning point of view, the process of respawning is somewhat convoluted. You respawn in the typical spawn room but there are no exits, you have to run up stairs, go through a teleporter which takes you to the ground floor behind the shields, run across the bottom of the base to another teleporter which then teleports you to a small spawn room back in the Bio-dome. My feeling on this is that it keeps you from being spawn camped to a degree since you have different escape options. The reality is that if those bottom shields come down, your toast and won't be able to get back into the Bio-dome via the typical Bio-dome respawn option. Plus the time frame for doing all the running is such that you could get caught somewhere in between.

The Bio-dome also has additional hard shields up so that the "normal" firing lanes are no longer open, as an example there are now shields on the landing pads that prevent you from firing on the enemy from the shield gen room. There is a funneled killing zone by means of a opening in the hard shields by the gen room but from what I could see it just means more "team kills" as the friendlies try to shoot the enemy from behind friendly lines through the small opening. Some objects have been created differently in height, so what you could jump over before you can't now.

Bottom line is that the game does run faster, how much faster as the object count increases (more enemy) remains to be seen. One of the things I have seen with PS2 is the garbage cleanup process hasn't been very good either, in other words the longer it runs the worse the performance. Whether this has been addressed is yet to be seen. I also have a lower ping which mean less lag on the test server as well, how these improvements translate to the live server is again yet to be seen.

The Bio-dome is so far the only base I have checked out and that was because it had the highest number of enemy at the time. I'm going to take the time and check out the other bases to see how much they have been revamped to increase the FPS today. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Wish I could participate. . .

Could anyone with a QQ6600 or similar CPU test it and see their results?

Comment

Additional, The Tech plant has little difference to it with an occasional terminal missing and not much else, the AMP plant has the vehicle spawn pad moved to the central runway through the AMP station and no longer has dedicated spawn platforms (ought to make it interesting for the people that like to park there) and should make the 'Fast Break Technique' even more viable, everything else seems pretty much as it was. I have not been through every building on either the Tech plant or the AMP station but overall there is a general feeling of austerity. The kind of feeling you get after looking at something for months on end and then it's just gone............you can't put your finger on it but you know 'something is missing'.

While flying in a Reaver, my FPS never dropped below 120 even while engaging a Sundy on the ground. Although I never paid as much attention to the FPS like I am doing now the overall impression is that so far it's a smoother game to play.

Comment

I dropped by the test server today and landed in a large fight in the crown on Indar; on a low end PC I experienced almost no increase in fps, quite disappointed.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                  ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

What are your specs, settings, and general FPS?

My FPS ranges from 10s-25s at times reaching maximums of 40s with little action/dynamics going on with a generally customized low setting set-up. I render particles as to see smoke effects as I am often an SL/PL.

I've gotten a Q6600 @ 2.5ghz and 4 gigs of ~700mb ram. The GPU is a moderate GT460( maybe a 465) with 1gb or so of on board ram. The HDD is 7200 rpm but is a bit full. My whole rig is mighty old and were it not for some big budget things coming up soon I'd be investing in a new rig this Christmas. I'm told that their optimization will be most beneficial to multi core users so this is why I'm interested.

Comment

I think I'm seeing a performance increase (I damn well should considering I've got an i7) but I haven't verified that my settings are the same on the test server as my regular client. Warpgate, even under high traffic, was around 90 FPS GPU bound (yay!). I still had performance issues at a big fight in Zurvan, though, went CPU bound all the way down to 30 FPS, which is playable but unpleasant.

New GUI looks neat, much more refined.

Comment

i5 dual core, 8 gigs 1333 ram, 1 gig nvidia 630m (mobile), 500 hd 5400rpm hd, 720p. Play on very low render distance 75% with lowest of 20fps in intense fights and 60 sitting at amerish warpgate. Constantly cpu capped.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                        ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                          New GUI looks neat, much more refined.
                          Pics?

Comment

AMD FX-8350 no OC, HD7970 no OC, 16GB ram, running off my 7200rpm drive. Not many background applications running, pretty much just chrome.

1900x1200, all settings ultra, max render and FOV. Not forcing extra AA through my card.

I spent about a half hour in... Warpgate's got me at 75-80 FPS GPU-bound (a bit higher than before but more likely due to fewer players around)

Flying a Lib to the crown (no traffic) 70-90 FPS... don't really fly enough to say if this was an improvement or not.

Now the meat and potatoes: At the Crown, judging by map pops about 100 players in the combat zone between all 3 factions, maybe about 60 in the crown territory itself. Pretty solid 50-65 FPS during light-moderate combat. Bouncing back and forth between being CPU and GPU bound in combat! It's definitely an improvement, but I've yet to find the player concentration to give it a real stress testing.

Summary of UI changes I've noted off the top of my head.

- New health and shield bars. Fancy.
                            - Reload indicator is much more discreet. It's thin and gold-colored.
                            - New, larger health bar over friendlies but only when they're damaged you're targetting them (maybe just vehicles?)
                            - FPS counter seems to either sample every .2 seconds or calculate an average FPS every .2 seconds. Either way, it updates much less frequently which makes it much more readable.
                            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X