carnage BR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carnage BR

This is my favorite gun. I've always used it with level 1 advanced fore-grip. It has great hip fire accuracy even with that on it. Does anyone have experience with the laser sight?

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Re: carnage BR

Is this the medic rifle with an absurd fire-rate? If so, then yeah, I've used laser sight on it since I tend to use it in a hipfire capacity, never really experimented with other options.

Comment

I believe you are talking about the GR-22 which is a 800 rpm gun. The Carnage is a 750 rpm gun. Both are near identical on paper and probably nearly interchangable. The Carnage, on paper, has one clear advantage, however, a significantly shorter Long Reload time.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Ass...les#Carnage_BR
      http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_Rifles#GR-22

Weapons of interest above.

I personally only have experience with the GR22 and I can say I adore the weapon in urban combat. I'm not a fan of it at ranges and have another gun for those duties but I think its a very capable weapon. The Advanced Grip is helpful for mid-ranged combat and thanks to the weapon's high ROF I'd doubt you'd need to worry about close range hip firing issues.

Not to use it as a cop out but generically a lot of upgrades are basically sidegrades and you can not come to a conclusion of a clear winner. Its really down to preference and personal comfort with the attachment. I'm a fan of the Foregrip and not much a fan of the Laser Sight (unless on a pistol) due to my preference of engaging at a healthy distance and sighting in (2x or less for the GR22).

Comment

I love the carnage. It's pretty good at medium range as well. Most of the time it's in the bag if I get the jump while firing from the hip in close combat. This is the only gun that feels "right" to me as NC. I dedicate this thread as an Ode' de la Carnage'

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Which is funny, because the Carnage and the GR22 are emphatically NOT NC-style weapons, since they have a rate of fire that shames most TR guns.

Comment

It's not quite as bad as the carbines, where the NC and the VS both have access to 845 rpm cyclic ROF weapons while the TR max out at 800 rpm. I love my GD-7F. :P

At least the TR has one AR with a higher rate of fire than the GR-22.

I'm sure most of you have seen this before, but this sheet is kept very up-to-date with each patch and is nicely sortable:

http://tinyurl.com/apjltab
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I actually have a auraxium medal on my GR-22 (1,110 + Kills). I can say with full certainty that it is the best medic gun available to the NC, one of the few short range guns that is not a shotgun for the medic. The second best is Default Gauss NC1, terrific balance all around..

Big Brother is Watching You.
              ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

I like the Reaper DMR, but that's more about my own biases towards semi-auto long range supporting fire than to the weapon's effectiveness. There's not a lot of doubt in my mind that the gun doesn't work that well in a "DMR" role right now... it kicks hard and has a terrible magazine size, but isn't all that damaging per hit.

Comment

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
                  I actually have a auraxium medal on my GR-22 (1,110 + Kills). I can say with full certainty that it is the best medic gun available to the NC, one of the few short range guns that is not a shotgun for the medic. The second best is Default Gauss NC1, terrific balance all around..
                  You are incorrect. The Carnage is the GR-22 with better minimum damage and access to the adv foregrip. Its all the advantages of the GR-22 except pushed out to medium range. In return you lose an almost insignificant amount of RoF. (You can, if you chose, equip the carnage with the adv laser and get a GR-22 with better minimum damage if you wanted).
                  I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Carnage got hit with the accuracy nerf. Now I'm trying to find a better alternative for close to mid range combat as a medic. I usually ADS, but when playing as a medic in facility battles I need the ability to hip fire. I'm thinking about the NS PDW with soft point and extended mags. I also run iron sights and the sights on the PDW are nice.

R.I.P. carnage you will be sorely missed.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Originally posted by eD_ru$h View Post
                      Carnage got hit with the accuracy nerf. Now I'm trying to find a better alternative for close to mid range combat as a medic. I usually ADS, but when playing as a medic in facility battles I need the ability to hip fire. I'm thinking about the NS PDW with soft point and extended mags. I also run iron sights and the sights on the PDW are nice.

R.I.P. carnage you will be sorely missed.
                      Do laser sights not help that? I can tighten up the CoF on an AR pretty good with an adv. laser sight, at least that is so on the GD-22.

Comment

I've never run my GR-22 WITHOUT an advanced laser sight. It's an absolute beast in a close quarters fight. Now, if only there were an extended mags option for it...

Comment

I'm back using the carnage. It took me awhile to get used to the hip fire movement nerf. I was always an ADS player, but the way this game developed I had to learn to adapt to hip firing. The blanket movement nerf leveled the playing field and made ADSing more viable imo.

- I use the advance fore grip now since the nerf. The carnage is still good in the very close hip fire range without the laser sight, and I appreciate the stability the fore grip gives at medium range.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X