Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My (& your) favourite changes of the first optomization patch: nice surprises!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My (& your) favourite changes of the first optomization patch: nice surprises!

"Squad deploy will no longer drop pod players into the center of a bases. It will instead spawn the player at the closest hard spawn point to the squad leader, which includes facility spawn points, deployed Sunderers, and squad spawn beacons"

I had to read it twice to get it; SQUAD DEPLOY IS GONE! It's something I hadn't considered they might change, but this is an awesome change. No longer can stupid game outfits, i.e. most outfits, abuse this feature to one-up the intended gameflow.

We will see more people walking to their destination, and less enemies seemingly appearing out of nowhere all over the place. THis will be even better in conjunction with my next favourite change.

"Increased the drop speed of drop pods. They now accelerate as they approach the ground. Collision damage multiplier reduced to account for the higher pod velocity.

Reduced the horizontal movement speed of drop pods so they land closer to their origin points"

This will make it harder to use spawn beacons to just spam infantry on top of things during an assault. It will be easier to get a sense of enemy beacon locations. With the previous change, this cuts teh ability to do random spawn-in-your-face tactics. More people will be moving to a battle, giving you time to engage on the way in nicer fronts. Also with more move time, people may move more tactically.

Another element here is that I hope droppodding will be less effective against liberators. It's a bit too good of a counter still, very gamey, very stupid. I'd rather they made AA guns damage me more, than this stupid drop-pod noobery that we had until now.

"Enemy vehicles will no longer show an occupancy count."

How awesome is that! No way of telling which Gal in the dozen has 12/12 now! Oops, that lone sundy actually has a shield disruptor and is full of maxes :D.

Okay we still have our legal maphacks, the map showing you all enemy presence, but this is at least one firm step in making the game have more tension and surprises. Officially taking off one of the training wheels, only 49 to go :p.

"The Infiltrator’s recon dart will now send found enemies to the minimap of all allies in a 150m radius. Previously this tool had a range limit of 50 meters"

Snipers and engineers can legally get married now. In many situations now, a sniper should get with an engie, or have one stick with him. Already it was a useful tactic to spam darts. Now it will be even better.

If I read the change correctly, whatever the range of your dart was, it would only send the intel to people within 50m of.... your position?

It seems counter intuitive, but that is what I think it does. Because when I used to shoot a dart 150m away, I could still see the enemies light up on the minimap. Now it could be that only the sniper shooting the dart could see the enemies from that far, and that the other inf could only see enemies in a radius of 50m from the dart.

If anyone can clear up exactly how this works, plz do. At any rate it looks like a good buff to the sensor dart.

Re: My (& your) favourite changes of the first optomization patch: nice surprises!

The spawn changes were in the pipeline for a long while - Drop Pod Changes! - glad to finally see them.

It's gonna be really confusing to fight Liberators and tanks now that you cant see how many gunners they may or may not have before you engage. Against Gals it's easily a good thing though. It's for the best...

It's awesome to see all the performance improvements, even though I have no idea what half of them mean.

Favourites (in addition to Al's):

-Facility info / squad list will show when minimap is expanded if screen height >= 1080

-No more double loading screens

-The Flash and Harasser mini-map icons have been made more distinct from each other

-Fixed an issue where Resupply and Repair Sunderer icons would not display when within 100 meters of the vehicle
    -Removed the visibility cap on rockets and placed explosives. They should always show in heavy battles now
    -Players can no longer use the quick action menu to track enemy players
    I no longer have to spam the expand/shrink minimap key for maximum information!

Interesting:

-Fixed issue where lower ranks of Sunderer Proximity Repair could not repair Sunderers that had a higher rank equipped.
    -Fixed cases where the player’s corpse wasn’t removed from the world after declining a revive

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Re: My (& your) favourite changes of the first optomization patch: nice surprises!

Originally posted by MrJengles View Post
      -Fixed issue where lower ranks of Sunderer Proximity Repair could not repair Sunderers that had a higher rank equipped.

Does this mean that 2 repair Sunderers will now repair each other?

We tried this during RAGE's Amp Station Fast Break Technique development, but it wouldn't work (they would not repair one another).

Going right this instant to test... brb...
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It would seem so Randy. If so this would be a crucial buff for dedicated armor. Sure repairs aren't stacking but that means it's all the harder killing that Sunderer providing the repairs. Imagine it! Teams of lvl6 and 5 NPR Sunderers providing a huge buff to a whole line of armor...

Comment

Confirmed! w00t!!!111!!! :D

Thanks to friends [SMG]skifton2 and [TAS]Snews for helping me pull additional vehicles for testing in VR.

Maybe this will be enough to get you back in game Wyatt? :)

I have to admit, I (and many others) always thought that prox repair Sundies sucked (and they sort of do, at low levels), but you have been a champion of them for a long time and convinced me of their effectiveness. All the more so with this recent change now. Looking forward to doing some more armor / dedicated vehicle squads now. Also, this will affect the Fast Break Technique.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

As for other changes, I really like the additional lattice links on Indar. The extra connection on The Crown makes that base seem more like a central hub, something to be fought over.

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

As if people needed more reason to fight over The Crown... :D

Comment

I don't know, maybe the best is better preformance? :P

This is nice too: Amerish sky settings have been shifted 12 hours. If you don’t like the onset of evenings on Indar or Esamir, Amerish has bright sunny skies waiting for you

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

The drop pod changes are probably the nicest thing, IMO. The way that it functioned as a second, always-up source of drop pods was rife for abuse. Now it's more like a helper tool for getting people to their squads, as it should be... really, it's now functionally equivalent to redeploying and then using the green option on the spawn list. Still has some issues of having the squad lead be able to go to another fight and then have his entire squad join him on demand, but at least now they'll be coming out of the spawn instead of raining from the sky.

The Indar lattice changes are interesting, too. From the sounds of it they're breaking up some of the longer rush lanes and making it easier to attack major facilities from multiple staging points, which is all for the better IMO. It also turns the Crown and Crossroads into complimentary hub bases in the center of the map, which should make that whole area much more dynamic. It's good terrain for fighting, would be great to see better use of it.

Comment

Aside from the performance changes I think this may be the biggest change in this patch:

-Removed the visibility cap on rockets and placed explosives. They should always show in heavy battles now

No more invisible damage in tanks!

Heh, once the harasser nerfs come out I may start seriously running armor again.

Well, once I'm done school and have the time to spare.
                    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X