Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reddit: We are the Planetside 2 dev team, Ask Us Anything!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Reddit: We are the Planetside 2 dev team, Ask Us Anything!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...k_us_anything/

Just went up Monday. Of course, I really wish they'd use their own forums instead of making us search around... still, better than nothing!

ZOE nerf confirmed:

ZOE will be getting rebalanced in the next game update (currently scheduled for mid-December) it will be receiving movement tweaks and an ability timer that prevents it from being used all the time and prevents instant on/off.
    Source: Lasom on Reddit

Someone commenting on the new resource system: "The Vanu could harvest Pewtonium." I laughed entirely too much.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Re: Reddit: We are the Planetside 2 dev team, Ask Us Anything!

The standard PS2 forums are a complete cesspit, I'm not surprised they don't engage too heavily, especially when their Reddit community is better structured for things like this and less whiny and entitled besides.

Lots of interesting things in that thread. Good find!

Comment

Re: nerfing ZOE.

Q: Devs why u no do dis sooner?

A: Because they all play VS?
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

From Higby on the thread:

"It's definitely hard to avoid accusations of faction bias. At the end of the day, our job is to create a game that entertains every player, and we take that goal very seriously. Basically we can't let the fact that Vanu and TR suck affect the way we balance the game."

Comment

Haha, nice comedic deflection while still acknowledging what we all know to be true. Well done Higby.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
            From Higby on the thread:

"It's definitely hard to avoid accusations of faction bias. At the end of the day, our job is to create a game that entertains every player, and we take that goal very seriously. Basically we can't let the fact that Vanu and TR suck affect the way we balance the game."
            LOL, I love it.

I have an admission to everyone though. I was Vanu in a former life. I switched before they got their super buffs though. And now I LOVE my shield of freedom!

Comment

Originally posted by VLAD View Post
              LOL, I love it.

I have an admission to everyone though. I was Vanu in a former life. I switched before they got their super buffs though. And now I LOVE my shield of freedom!
              It would have been better if you said you switched after... after you realized they were too powerful, and too annoying!

Comment

This finished a while ago, but I forgot about it.

[PSA] There was a developer AMA on Reddit. Here are the notes

Slightly slimmed down version with the bits I found more interesting:

Next-year future plans

-Some kind of progression not tied to gear or player power in the works. It's hard but they are thinking about it
                -LA may be getting a dual-wield weapon ability in the future.
                -Higby doesn't like lock-ons. Neither does the community. Cool.
                -The ANT will most likely be the Sunderer with an ANT module for the resource revamp.
                -Sorting players in squads, drawing on the map, RTS-style unit selection, banning from platoon, cycling squad list on hud are planned, but keep getting bumped for higher priority things.
                -Outfit recruitment with ingame advertisement, outfit base capture, and outfit decals are coming soonish.
                -Hossin before next summer
                -Implants are still in the future plans.
                -A better way of tracking mastery with certain weapons is coming
                -New alert types in the works. Details on the roadmap when it gets updated

Long term future plans

-They are trying to create a stable and fun ground game before they get Epic like space or naval warfare
                -In a year from now, they are confident that they will grow the game beyond what we have now.

Level Design & Future Continent details

-Malorn mapped out a layout for Cyssor, making it look like PS1 Cyssor. Wont be seen anytime soon
                -Searhus will have lava and a volcano and stuff
                -They REALLY REALLY REALLY enjoy door-to-door grind fests (sarcasm, they hate them)
                -Vehicles spamming capture points is not intended. File a bug report if you see a place where it's possible and they will fix it.
                -Future direction involves lots of lattice rings, large outputs in defensible anchor points, and small outposts that support small groups
                -Nexus is pretty much done, needs intercontinental metagame
                -New building for bases: https://twitter.com/XanderClauss/sta...22326155829248. Coming after the Amerish revamp
                -Malorn with the mega post on level design theory for PS2: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/....ything/cds1hxu
                -Intercontinental Lattice and Continent locking are not mutually exclusive. You may see either feature at any time

Misc stuff

-Small chance for VGS. It's too complicated
                -Server population cap DID change after OMFGp1. They had server-side performance problems and had to lower the -cap. The cap will be raised again when those issues are fixed
                -E-Sports isn't an 'Instead' thing, they've put 0 development hours into it
                -Population is pretty good across servers.
                -Asymmetrical balance is a pain in the ***, but nobody on the team wants to see it go.
                -Population issues are usually exacerbated by player perception, but they are working on things to fix it

Canned stuff

-No plans for soundtrack updates.
                -No plans for cross-faction cosmetics
                -No on Artillery or Bombers, they don't want to add more 'i couldn't do anything about that' deaths
                -Indar was once going to have a crashed alien ship. Creating Amerish and Esamir tooke the resources away from doing that
                -Rotor based VTOL flight felt archaic in the theme of PS2.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X