This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaPP - NC Troll Outfit? [RESOLVED]

Just a bit of a warning to watch these players.

After platoon leading a couple squads on Sunday during an alert I felt like passing it on and, luckily, there was a Blue Lions player that had been doing a great job leading Alpha and was willing to step up.

A short while later a player called Bangfloop from Da Party Poopers (I think that's it) asked if he could take platoon lead. The BL player that I shall not name helpfully obliged.

If I caught this right, the new PL then politely explained that DaPP is an outfit of alts that troll people - certainly, he said he was. He then kicked everyone from the platoon.

Alpha was not tagged as TG, though my Bravo squad still was (also noting it was a BL platoon). Luckily, this didn't cause a problem as everyone was kicked. However, it's a bit sad that someone could presumably go through the squad list disbanding any platoons where the leader is less confident and/or willing to let someone else try. They really need a second in-command to prevent abuse like this.

In the future, I will change my squad name immediately if a PL I don't recognise takes over. There were only seconds involved though.
    Last edited by Mindkill; 12-14-2013, 05:05 PM.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Re: DaPP - NC Troll Outfit?

Thanks for the heads up Jengles. It's a damn shame that so many players have to resort to in-game exploits or suicidal tactics to win and now this garbage.

Comment

Seriously? Dang, that is so lame. Thanks, Jengles, for bringing it to everyone's attention.

Comment

Wow, what a loser.

DaPP is a decent sized VS outfit on our server. I'm surprised you didn't recognize the name. Sounds like they have created an NC Outfit named the same / similarly to play with their NC alts together. Or maybe the NC outfit is called something else, and he just identified himself as from DaPP in VOIP.

At any rate, the VS don't need to be doing stuff like this to disrupt platoons and hamper organization on the NC side, we can do that all by ourselves. lol But unfortunately I think is representative of that 4th faction / bandwagon / COD kiddie segment of the VS population.

But yeah, re: naming, I will only turn the platoon over if it is a good group who has been following along and playing well together. And even if I do, I ALWAYS appoint someone trusted I know as PL to cycle me through all the SL positions and personally change the recruiting messages. This topic has been brought up before, more than once.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well I am GLAD you told me since I recently got back into SLing and PLing. Also those who find the names of others who can do this, keep it updated so others can know the names of people who troll like this. This way we can keep a close eye on these people.
          Questions about those who deserve it!
          "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

I have a simple rule where i don't pass to non TG anyway so i'm not too worried, but that is good to know however. It may be a little elite-st of me but I feel we have a reputation/brand to protect.

Comment

Well that's nice. 2 Reavers in the warpgate flipping people just now, both from DaP0. I didn't get killed so I couldn't see the whole outfit name but I'm guessing it's the slightly different name scenario you mentioned Randy. Reported them both.
              Last edited by MrJengles; 12-03-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Hey, guys. Not sure if you know me, but I'm somefriggnidiot. By default I play VS and am a leader of DaPP (the real DaPP.) I can affirm that we do have small NC/TR outfits on Mattherson where we like to play together on our alts. However, we try to uphold the same standards for behavior across all factions. If you can get me the names of those reavers that were flipping vehicles, I would be more than willing to do my best in making sure it doesn't happen again.

Comment

Welcome.

So this thread managed to grab some attention :) I'm glad to see another outfit taking action against this sort of behaviour. I've seen Reavers flipping planes before (SOE have specifically stated its against their rules) but the first incident I gave is something new and extremely detrimental to PlanetSide 2's gameplay - attacking the leadership. I hope that can be looked into also.

As it happens, I did write those names down. I won't post them here as I don't make that a habit - I just sent you a Private Message.

Thank you for looking into and dealing with problem players.

Comment

Heh, well one of the other leaders is fairly self-conscious about our image (and regularly Googles "DaPP") and I just prefer to make sure everyone has a good time.

In regards to Bangfloop (Bangfl0p with a zero on VS,) I'll have a word with him the next time I catch him online to make sure this sort of thing never happens again. The Reavers... I'll talk about that in the PM.

Comment

It turns out I was mistaken about the Reavers, their outfit is unaffiliated with DaPP. Apologies for the mix up. It was the day after the original incident and all I saw was their similar outfit tag, as they never killed me.

As I said, I'm always glad to see outfits, no matter which side they're on, trying to maintain a fun and respectful gaming environment. The odd incident happens no matter what, but it's how you deal with them that counts.

Comment

Wow this is so cool.:row1_7: People talking and being helpful to each other even though we play for opposing teams!!!

Are we sure we are still on the internets?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Toddshooter View Post
                          even though we play for opposing teams!!!
                          Hey, now, I have no faction bias. lol
                          I guess you could call me a traitor, but everyone seems content with calling me an idiot.

Comment

Re: DaPP - NC Troll Outfit? [RESOLVED]

Thanks for taking the time to visit our forums and resolve this issue, somefriggnidiot.

This matter is now closed.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...