Suggested Comms: Calling Out Deaths and Revives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested Comms: Calling Out Deaths and Revives

My last comms proposal on Squad Beacon Terminology seems highly successful. Not only have many TG incorporated it but, after Randy explained to me he mentioned it on the NCC forums, I've noticed a bunch of NC outfits have been saying "squad/enemy beacon active/operational" or "destroyed".

Now on to the life of a Medic. As part of the Medics and Revives Initiative, I think we could improve the squads awareness of their own status and encourage proper revive procedure through a simple procedure of calling out your death each and every time, as well as Medics calling out revives. This is something that some of us already do, but only now and then. This is not enough, we should ingrain it in players to the point that even blueberries will be copying.

Suggested Comms

Format For Death:

[Leader / Squad ID Number / (if unknown) Friendly], [Identify If Medic], is down. [Enemy details - must include the words hostile/enemy/target*].

*This distinguishes multiple enemies from squad ID numbers.

Format For Revives:

Traveling:
    [Incapacitated Squad ID Number / (if unknown) -skip-] revive inbound

Executing Revive:
    [Incapacitated Squad ID Number / (if unknown) Friendly] going up

Healing/Revive grenade out

Format For Covering Medics

In reply to last Medic:
    [Squad ID Number] covering Medic

Waiting for Medic:
    [Squad ID Number] covering body, revive needed

After clearing away enemies near a downed teammate:
    [Incapacitated Squad ID Number / (if unknown) Body] is clear

Examples:

Example Comms 1:

-"3 is down"
    -"[Squad] Leader is down"
    -"5, Medic, is down"
    -"Revive grenade out"

Example Comms 2:

-"3 is down"
    -"3, revive inbound"
    -"7, covering Medic"
    -"3, going up"

Example Comms 3:

-"6 is down, 2 hostiles [on my body]"
    *Fighting*
    -"6 is clear" ... "5 covering body, revive needed"
    -"Revive inbound" ... "6 going up"

Example Comms 4:

-"12 is down, 1 hostile watching my body"
    -"3 engaging target"
    -"Revive grenade out"

Intended Results:

-For Medics, this means never missing a player even in a hectic fight and knowing the moment someone, or many, players need to be revived (highlighting the possible opportunity for a revive grenade).
    -For SLs, this means being acutely aware of your squads current operational status and how much pressure is being applied to them by the enemy.
    -For dead players it means always reminding yourself to wait for a revive and being sure that the Medics haven't missed you.
    -For everyone else, it means knowing that a revive is about to commence and some of you need to form up around the Medic to protect him/her, as they cannot do it themselves.

Feedback please! Adjustments and additions welcome!

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Re: Suggested Comms: Calling Out Deaths and Revives

Looks promising. I'll try to work this into my regular comms, maybe there's an ad-hoc version we can even quickly drill blueberries into.

Comment

I love this, you will have my mouthpiece spreading it around. And that's a big mouthpiece. :)

SS, I think it will be more intuitive / shorter to actually say in game, I think the time Jengles took to delineate all possible situations in the outline makes it look more daunting then it actually is. I recommend we say it in prox, for the benefit of all blueberries (some times you even count on BB medics, if yours are all down, or at least this way they will know you are covering, or whatever, and also I think makes TG look awesome and coordinated (which we are)).

I am going to go ahead and state what is already obvious here to most of us, and implied in this procedure, but always bears repeating: MAKE SURE THE AREA IS CLEAR BEFORE INITIATING REVIVES.

Also, another friendly reminder, don't forget that you can heal ALL friendlies in the area by pressing F, even when you are shooting at people / clearing the area / breaching. And when it comes to breaching, throw your HEALING (not revive) grenades in just after everyone throws their concs and frags, and then press F as you follow the heavies in. Giving you a double healing boost, as an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure (once everyone is down, your attack has already failed).

I think I am going to be doing some very basic infantry squads for rank noobs, in order to touch on all these very basic concepts that us long time TGers understand innately.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Numbers are the best way to explain things in PlanetSide-verse and I've found myself doing this in game for more than just revives.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
          SS, I think it will be more intuitive / shorter to actually say in game, I think the time Jengles took to delineate all possible situations in the outline makes it look more daunting then it actually is. I recommend we say it in prox, for the benefit of all blueberries (some times you even count on BB medics, if yours are all down, or at least this way they will know you are covering, or whatever, and also I think makes TG look awesome and coordinated (which we are)).
          Oh, yeah, for sure. You might recall I proposed a pilots comm procedure a while back using a very similar format! All I mean is that people who check the forums might be able to get up to speed after a little study, but getting people going on the fly might require chipping some rough edges off or at least a little drilling. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to actually try this out to see!

Comment

Word! will practice.

Comment

I speak Jengle-ese. lol Actually, in fact we very often finish each others sentences. haha
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Geez, just get married already. :P

Comment

Enforcing this in game with impromptu teams would be simple if enough people use it regularly. Its a very simple concept and actually enforces a squad mentality by suppressing the use of useless egocentric terms (ie I, me, <name>) in combat comms. It is regularly utilized by squad leaders/platoon leaders as a means to coordinate tactically with mini-map information.

Comment

Good talk!
                    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

I'm very bad about calling out my deaths, it's something I need to work on. If somebody sees me not calling these out, please remind me!

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

One thing I hear a lot is people calling out their name, sometimes I do that too. I think that is a mistake. Name is not crucial information. You could spend that time on useful information, such as location. Also, it strikes me as egotistical when I think about it. I will try to stop doing that myself.
                        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Yep, there is nothing worse that:
                          "I'm over here, Help"

Over where? Who?

or "me, me, I need a medic, hey, medic now, medic.. .. .. .."

Too much comms to even hear who called it.

The other issue is when someone calls a medic, then punches before the icon starts to flashes, which leaves you standing in a field without any weapon drawn.

If a squad member falls/parts form the group, I tend to say "Bravo 4, your too far for me to get you.", in the hope that he will be seen by a closer medic, or know to punch out.

I will also say somthing like, "Alpha 6 - cannot revive, you your timers is up", as when your dead you cannot see your own timers.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Forgive me if Im sticking my nose in please. How do you talk when your dead? Was playin Insurgency the other day and we were reporting in periodically to know who was up or not. Checking the status screen just seemed a little exploity. Is there supposed to be health monitors in ps2 that give you this intel anyway? If so I'll go back behind my rock....or join in again with y'all.

edit: We would sound-off and whomever didn't report in we assumed were busy feeding virtual worms. I did catch myself reporting being dead on TS a couple times and I quickly stopped that.
                            Last edited by Unkl; 04-30-2014, 05:36 PM.
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer
                            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                            189th Infantry Brigade Member
                            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Voice comms still work in PS2 when dead (though not text comms, for some reason) and the squad status HUD also gives you skulls and crossbones for downed members, as well as similar markers on the overhead map and 3D HUD.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X