Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Night Fights 12/13/13 - Let's Make it All TG Again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Friday Night Fights 12/13/13 - Let's Make it All TG Again!

Friday Night Fights - Let's Make it All TG Again!

Event Time: Friday, December 13, 8:00 PM EST (GMT -5 / TacticalGamer.com time!)

Notes From Last Week

Last week we had a great turnout, a full platoon of almost 100% TGers! When we were getting started, I asked the question if we should open a second platoon and try and flesh out our numbers with pubbies, but quickly decided against it, mostly because I didn't want to take the time to set it up. lol But it ended up working out wonderfully, we had such a better result with all TGers that I became a little spoiled, and today in fact I was a bit disappointed when leading a platoon with a lot of pubbies in it again. haha So, let's do that again!

I think one of the keys to getting a good turnout has always been starting the signup thread nice and early. So here goes.

Organizational Strategy

This week, let's again try to get SLs and PLs assigned beforehand. If the numbers support it, we may also move the air squad to a separate platoon. In an informal AAR late last Friday (actually early Saturday AM), MrJengles and Starstriker brought up the point that Platoon comms are sometimes too much in addition to the high amount and speed of other traffic they already have in squad due to the nature of running air. So, (assuming MrJengles, SS, or another experienced Air SL is available) we will form up 2d platoon right off the bat, possibly even separating that further into "flights" (squads) of a few Reavers apiece, and maybe a Lib squad or something. First platoon will remain as the normal combination of Infantry and Armor as objectives dictate. Therefore another reminder for interested parties to make sure your TeamSpeak is set up beforehand.

Again this Friday, let's make a point of getting started at a decent time. Last week an ill-timed alert once again foiled our efforts to move to Indar and help our allies, but eventually we were all able to get over and the combined operations went well with NCSC, resulting in a prime time alert win for territory on Indar. Start time of 8 PM seems to work best for most, so we will continue with that.

Start time: 8:00 PM EST (GMT -5)

In Game Name (Please use the exact name for the server/faction we are playing):
    Roles Desired, at least three in descending order please:
    Favorite video game of all time (and why?):
    Additional Information:

---

Platoon Squad Position Player Name Specialty(ies) Notes............................................. .....................................
    - - Company Commander TGRandyShughartClwFL
    1 - Platoon Leader TGRandyShughartClwFL
    1 Alpha Squad Leader Infantry
    1 Alpha Galaxy Pilot
    1 Bravo Squad Leader Infantry
    1 Bravo Galaxy Pilot
    1 Charlie Squad Leader
    1 Delta Squad Leader
    2 - Platoon Leader Air Platoon
    2 Alpha Squad Leader Reavers "flight" of 3-6?
    2 Bravo Squad Leader Reavers "flight" of 3-6?
    2 Charlie Squad Leader Reavers "flight" of 3-6?
    2 Delta Squad Leader Liberators (?)
    - Reliever Squad Leader
    - Reliever Squad Leader
    - Reliever Squad Leader
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Friday Night Fights 12/13/13 - Let's Make it All TG Again!

Start Time: I'll probably be on Planetside all day anyways, since Friday is my first day out of school for winter break.

In Game Name (Please use the exact name for the server/faction we are playing): DaelonSuzuka
    1. Lib Pilot
    2. Tanks
    3. Transport Gal Pilot
    Favorite video game of all time (and why?): Phantasy Star Online Ep 1&2 for Gamecube, and more recently the SCHTHack version of Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst for PC. PSO will turn 14 soon and there's still just something about it that I can't find anywhere else.

Additional Information:

I wouldn't mind leading a Lib squad if that would be helpful for the Platoon/Company.

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

TG88thMindkill
      1. Lib/Gal pilot
      2. Armor
      3. Infantry
      The Half Life series. The story is awesome!

I like to vigorously paddle the bottoms of lycra wearing vanu n00bies.

I should be there at start time but, I work the next morning and will have to bail early.

sigpic

Comment

In Game Name (Please use the exact name for the server/faction we are playing): MrJengles

1. Air Platoon - PL, Infiltrator Spotter
        2. Air Platoon - Reaver SL
        3. Ground Platoon - Infantry SL

Favorite video game of all time (and why?): Some games stand out for different reasons but I'm not sure on a favourite. Perhaps Metal Gear Solid 1 because it was so well put together, so unique and rather quirky.

Additional Information: An idea I've wanted to try is to have a dedicated Infiltrator spotter team for the Air platoon. I would take PL and, in a squad of 2 to 4 at most, would focus solely on moving the platoon waypoint to enemy Sunderers, armor, AA nests (as a warning), and large infantry clusters. This would work easiest if lots of people join Teamspeak.

Post if you'd like to be an Infiltrator spotter.

I brought this up before in the AAR, but what do you think Randy? If we don't have the pilots I can help lead them.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

In game name: penandpennyman

Roles: 1. Relief SL/PL (check add. info); infantry or Reaver
          2. Reaver Pilot
          3. Anything asked of me

Favorite Video Game: Ask this question all the time, it is very hard to compare games of various genres. I have to go with with Final Fantasy 7 however as the story surpasses most fantasy novels around today and the intense gameplay is challenging, and Sephiroth is the most complex character I have yet to come across in a video game.

Additional Information: I have a basketball game a 7:30 P.M. EST so I will arrive back late. Somewhere between 10:30 - 11:00 if game goes well (I.e. no overtime plz).
          Last edited by penandpencilman; 12-09-2013, 01:21 PM. Reason: Things needed a changing

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
          ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

In Game Name (Please use the exact name for the server/faction we are playing): Starstriker

1. Air SL
            2. Infantry SL
            3. Platoon lead

Favorite video game of all time (and why?): Agh! So many to choose from... I'm going to have to go with Tribes 2. That game had me for years, and started that combined arms/teamwork itch that eventually led me to Planetside.

Additional Information: I'm with Jengles, a dedicated spotter for air assets is something I've wanted to try for a long time.

Comment

In Game Name (Please use the exact name for the server/faction we are playing): BolivianRAMPAGE
              1. Main platoon Gal Pilot
              2. Main platoon releif SL
              3. Reaver/Lib Pilot
              Favorite video game of all time (and why?): Star Wars BattleFront 2. My twin and I had AMAZING times playing this since we connected both of our playstation 2s and played multiplayer. Ad the story and gameplay mechanics were new and innovating.

Additional Information: I am looking forward to this event very much. Hopefully, I can be there arm the beginning of the operation, as we all know, sometimes life happens. So I would recommend getting 2 backup Gal pilots in total to be certain we have transportation.
              Questions about those who deserve it!
              "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

In Game Name (Please use the exact name for the server/faction we are playing):JerJB
                1. Armor
                2. Infantry
                3. Drunk
                Favorite video game of all time (and why?): Command and Conquer Renegade. It was by far my favorite game. Nothing like sniping a driver of s vehicle, and retreating back to base so the could pull one less asset.

Additional Information:
                I want to thank you guys for joining my awesome platoon last Friday that became the FNF platoon. :P

Comment

In Game Name: Zepkron
                  1. Air Reaver SL
                  2. Air Spotter SL
                  3. Armor squad SL
                  Favorite video game of all time (and why?): The Half-life series. It was my first FPS and for the modding base for both games was amazing. I think I put close to 1100hrs into a mod known as "Empires" that only died about a year ago when planetside 2 and NS2 came out.
                  Additional information:
                  It can be a huge advantage for aircraft to have a dedicated galaxy rolling with them, to suck up the damage. The same can be said in reverse for the galaxies, especially when they have dedicated gunners.
                  Maybe place the galaxies in the air flight groups and break them up in respect to first platoon?

Comment

In Game Name: lronMan

1. Gal/Lib gunner

2. Tank driver/gunner

3. Infantry engineer/infiltrator/max

Favorite video game of all time (and why?): unreal tournament my first FPS and first PC game.

Comment

In Game Name (Please use the exact name for the server/faction we are playing): TGToddshooter
                      1. Medic
                      2. Max
                      3.Engineer
                      Favorite video game of all time (and why?):Live For Speed
                      Additional Information: Can we please start on time and avoid the Platoon shattering events I like to call "Alerts"!! I couldn't stay up late enough to get onto Indar last week. :-( Toddshooter is a very sad old soldier :-(
                      sigpic

Comment

In Game Name : phaelah
                        1. armor
                        2. medic
                        3. SL
                        Favorite video game of all time (and why?): PR:BF2 @ TG. Why? Teamwork and communication. I also liked the pace. The game had a rhythm that rewarded persevering defenses. The coordinated repulsion of an attack made sitting in a TOW for 40 minutes, guarding the land bridge on Qwai, completely worth it. 2nd place is 2142. I maintained within the top 100 for the Hachimoto for a long time. (mainly because no one bought northern strike)

Additional Information: My sunderer is a pirate. So one day my sunderer (the pirate) walks into a bar with a steering wheel tied around his waist hanging in the front. So, the bartender says to my sunderer ( the pirate), "Hey pirate, whats with the steering wheel?" and my sunderer replys, "Yar its driving me nuts."

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Vladimiric

1. MAX/ Fire team lead (Subordinate to SL)
                          2. Armor column lead tank
                          3. SL (After son is in bed)

Favorite video game of all time (and why?): Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Simply put, its a masterpiece.

Comment

DocFinley

1. Medic of Doom
                            2. CQC/Ranged Infil of Friendship
                            3. Anything else y'all need.

Favorite game: S.T.A.L.K.E.R., WHY? well I got hooked on it from my clan in Nether when they introduced it to me, I love the involvement in the whole game and how its so linear yes so free roam. A perfect combo if you ask me.

Additional info: My leadership is rusty, so I'll step up to the plate, if absolutely necessary

Comment

In Game Name: SierraSykes
                              Roles Desired:
                              1.Forward scout (infiltrator/light assault)
                              2.Galaxy pilot
                              3.gunner (in pretty much anything you can pull)
                              Favorite video game of all time (and why): Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (for it's amazing tatical capacity)
                              Additional Information: I do not have an AMS certed sundie or squad leader certs. I just recently came back to matherson with a new character so I have been focusing purely on my infantry with most efforts on light assault (and inadvertently, engineer too :D). I also hate playing terran and dislike playing vanu. I'm an NC through and through

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X