Opfor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opfor

Alright, in the course of doing homework / coming up with ideas for my Basic Infantry Course, I watched an hour long video of an SG Basic Training. At one point in the video, they did live fire beach, sweep and clear, and point defense exercises against VS OPFOR who were clearly SG members with alts (or friends/training partners from a VS outfit?). But I think they were the former, as they seemed to all be in SG TS together.

Anyway, I was wondering how many people had (or would be willing to create) VS alts for the purpose of acting as OPFOR? There are several advantages of doing training exercises this way.

Don't worry, this information will be used against you in a court of law we won't tell anyone you wear Spandex.

I would only need maybe about half a squad or so of OPFOR I am guessing? And you would only have to be present for the "live fire / exercise" portions of the class in the second hour (the first hour is classroom / range).

Anyone interested in doing that? I was thinking maybe this Sunday afternoon (or next, if we can't get it together by then).
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Opfor

sign me up!

Comment

You already know I have 23 alts and one if them is VS.

Comment

I've forgotten who, but someone once suggested to do training on the test server. That way, anyone could create alts (and recreate their NC) with a whole load of free certs. Also, not many people play on the test server so you'd be able to find somewhere empty to practice. Of course, everyone would need the test version installed...

VR is too limited :(

I do have a VS alt on the Live, Mattherson server if needed.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJengles View Post
          I've forgotten who, but someone once suggested to do training on the test server. That way, anyone could create alts (and recreate their NC) with a whole load of free certs. Also, not many people play on the test server so you'd be able to find somewhere empty to practice. Of course, everyone would need the test version installed...

VR is too limited :(

I do have a VS alt on the Live, Mattherson server if needed.
          Yeah, weighing all the pros and cons, I think it's probably less of a barrier to do it live on Mattherson, as I'm not sure how many people have test server installed. And I am mainly referring to potential TG / NC class participants / students. I don't want to make a barrier to entry that may reduce participation.

Oh, forgot to mention, anyone volunteering for OPFOR, please make sure you have TeamSpeak installed and set up before Sunday (I'm pretty sure the 3 of you that posted up so far already do, just saying for the benefit of others). Actually, as long as I can reach one or two of you, that should be good (again, don't want undue barriers to entry for any potential OPFOR either ;) ) but OTOH everyone should be installing / idling in TG TS anyway. And it may help you guys to be in TS to find each other in game initially on your VS alts.

Cool, this is shaping up nicely! I'm really looking forward to this! Thanks guys!

But still need moar!
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

If you do it on mattherson you're likely going to end up having a problem the live fire test be compromised since it's an uncontrolled environment, pubs from one side or the other are going to join in. I get that you don't want to limit entry to the training, but maybe it would be a good idea to take a poll to see who would not be willing to install the test server?

With all the new training going on I think it would be wise to use the test server a lot more. We could have our new squad leaders in training have matches against each other there and practice formations/tactics.

Regardless, if we don't use the test server, I'll make a new account with a VS (or TR) on mattherson for the training. I don't mind using stock weapons.

Comment

I've got a VS alt on Mattherson (BR1, I only use it for VR looking in the mirror with spandex on TESTING DIRTY VS TECH)

My participation will depend on my BAC and whether or not this Saturday night snowstorm knocks out power.

It shouldn't be too hard to find a facility way back in NC held territory where no pubbies would be dropping by. I don't suggest fighting on the frontlines.
              Last edited by Strait Raider; 12-13-2013, 05:06 PM.
              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                It shouldn't be too hard to find a facility way back in NC held territory where no pubbies would be dropping by. I don't suggest fighting on the frontlines.
                Yeah, this was what I had in mind.

Comment

I'll be an Opfor agent, wont be able to make either time listed lately but if it ever happens again and I'm available I'll do it.

Comment

I got a BR 36 on Matherson so Ill do it. I had wanted to do scrimage training this way but I had a feeling it may be against TG Doctrine in some way so i didn't suggest it. But count me in. Controlled live fire training is the way to go.

Comment

For a number of reasons, I think I will break the material up over two parts, first part this afternoon and second part next Sunday afternoon. So keep the signups coming. Therefore first class with actual live fire exercises (requiring OPFOR) will be next Sunday. Thanks guys!

I would love to play as OPFOR, it's going to be fun, but I will be running the class. :) Aah, maybe one day, when we get this thing rolling and more instructors, I might get a chance to do that...

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by MJG41R View Post
                          I'm in.
                          To be clear, this is signup for OPFOR. Do you have a VS alt?

Comment

I am willing to help.

Comment

Yeah im in to... i have vs and tr alt muahah >:) , just a question is the opfor will be able to take the class aswell?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X