PTS Server Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTS Server Changes

A few days ago, a change to the PTS (Player Test Server) were implemented. many different changes were mentioned which are actually AMAZING in the NC favor for once. I will mention some of the keypoints of my post, but you can read the rest here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...0-2013.161836/ I will also paste some of the info I am talking about here.

-Rocket Changes-
    ------------------------------------
    All infantry lock-on launchers have been adjusted to have a shorter lock-on range, but they lock on faster at close range.

Anti-tank launchers-
    These now have a max lock range of 300 meters, down from 400 meters
    These will now complete their lock in 1.5 seconds if the target is within 100 meters. They then scale to a 2 second lock time at 300 meters.

Anti-air launchers-
    These now have a max lock range of 450 meters, down from 500 meters
    These will now complete their lock in 1.0 seconds if the target is within 100 meters. They then scale to a 2.5 second lock time at 300 meters and farther.

Striker and Annihilator-
    These have a 0.5 to 1.0 second longer lock time compared to the above launchers to compensate for them being able to lock on to multiple vehicle types
    Fired projectiles now behave like the normal launchers (less hitting vehicles behind cover)
    The Annihilator is getting a damage increase to offset it having a longer lock time and no dumb fire capability

All launchers that can fire without a lock-
    Hip accuracy is being reduced
    Aimed accuracy is unchanged, though we fixed a bug that was causing them to reach their aimed accuracy before the iron sight animation had completed
    -----------------------------------
    Some better things which had been mentioned here was that "The Annihilator is getting a damage increase to offset it having a longer lock time and no dumb-fire capability." I have been WANTING to use this gun for aq VERY long time since it locks on to BOTH air and armor, but the 1200 damage was far too low in my opinion, so i got the hawk and Crow instead, but the rockets were very situation run, so I was never getting the right kit. But now I feel that more people will get it and we will have an easier time taking out those damn Libs when they hail fire on us.

Another point they made in the post was that ALL rockets had a longer time to lock on from a far distance, AS WELL as getting an overall shorter lock-on range. With this , we will no longer be destroyed at 300 meters out from a striker who will not stop chasing. As well as overall giving us a closer and more up front position to easier engage bases and armor. But this also applies to us, so our AV and AA will need to get a lot closer to get into a good position.

-------------------

-Misc changes-

Other misc. infantry changes-
    The blast damage of underbarrel grenades has been reduced. They will no longer kill with one indirect shot. Direct shots will still kill with one hit.
    The AV MANA turret has had its range and blast damage reduced

------------------

Something else which had been on my mind a lot were the engie AV turret, they were FAR too easy to get kills from a distance, infact, sometimes the enemies wouldn't render in from certain distances. And as well as the Underbarrel Grenade launchers no longer being a ne shot kill within range is in my opinion, far too many times you can hop into the SCU gen room at a Bio lab and eliminate ALL engies at once.

-----------------------------

-ZOE CHANGESSS!-
    Zealot Overdrive Engine changes
    Reduced speed
    Forward move speed is now 50% faster than the MAX’s base run speed
    Strafe and backpedal move speeds are now at 43% faster than the MAX’s base strafe and backpedal speeds
    Sprint is now the same as the base MAX speed (so the MAX cannot outsprint infantry now), but the MAX now reaches that sprint speed faster when ZOE is active

Damage is now the same across all cert ranks and only increases close range damage

After activation the ability is active for 15 seconds

This ability now has a cooldown. Each cert rank will reduce the cooldown

Each cert rank now reduces the amount of damage received when ZOE is active

--------------------------

Perhaps one of my favorite things which have been implemented. The ZOE nerf has been a long wanted project, and it may finally be here. The fact that they now have cooldown timers, speed reducing, and the damage changes are all AMAZING in my opinion. I believe that this is amazing for us since ZOE MAXes can no longer fire Comets at you, then quickly dive behind cover before you can even spot them.

All in all, there were many different things mentioned in the real post. But I am STILL hoping for the A2A rocekts on ESFs to be reduced.

Also, what are your opinions on these changes to the PTS Server, what do you guys want changed to these things before actually being implemented to the game?
    Questions about those who deserve it!
    "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Re: PTS Server Changes

Though "ZOE IS OP ARGH HATE DIS GAME" is hugely over done, I'm glad to see it slightly toned down.

The lock-on situation IMO is fine where it stands currently with the possible exception of the Striker is some situations. It was a way for non-skilled pilots to combat exceptionally skilled pilots; lowering the skill level is not always a bad thing.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Well in my opinion I mean the lock ons are used at a distance where by the time you catch up to them, you get killed. maybe a shorter range or a longer lock on time for A2A lock ons would be good.
      Questions about those who deserve it!
      "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
        Though "ZOE IS OP ARGH HATE DIS GAME" is hugely over done, I'm glad to see it slightly toned down.
        Higby:"Some usage stats for MAX abilities over the last 30 days. VS fielded ~20% more MAX units this time period as well. "

That imo clearly shows that the ZOE is very very imbalanced. Only the VS will spawn maxes regardless of the situation, even when aalone in the open. I think it has a huge influence on battle. THe VS have this extra Joker card which they can draw at any time with a chance of tipping the battle in their favor.

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/41...408064/photo/1

Comment

I tend to agree with Al, anytime the VS are confronted with any obstacle, their response is always the same: "MOAR ZOE!" While I don't think they're ridiculously OP (my poor marksmanship is a bigger problem :P ), it is telling that their universal fallback strategy is ZOE crashing everything in sight. I would be amazed if any single conflict with VS didn't contain a ZOE crash and/or magrider swarm. It's very nearly formulaic: Fight + VS = OMG ZOE.

[EDIT] I see in the charts that the Zealot Overdrive 5 is the most heavily deployed high-level loadout in the game, by an overwhelming margin.
          Last edited by TonyMac; 12-15-2013, 05:25 PM. Reason: More info
          MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
            The lock-on situation IMO is fine where it stands currently with the possible exception of the Striker is some situations. It was a way for non-skilled pilots to combat exceptionally skilled pilots; lowering the skill level is not always a bad thing.
            It is when skill isn't at all rewarded and these types of engagements and lock-ons can be spammed without any kind of skill based countermeasure. "I'm getting locked(use flares) i'm getting locked(run away)" Is not a fun way to play the game.

BolivianRampage:
            The Annialator and striker have always had a .5 second increase in lock on time. The damage on the annihilator was (down to %33 of an ESF's health from 42%) was to compensate for having the ability to lock on to both air AND ground. I highly doubt this damage increase will bring it any higher than the Hawk. As for the striker, the reason why it does more damage than any lockon is because of the damage dispersal over time (52% of an ESF) 5 little hits > 1 large hit

Comment

So we should only have bows and arrows in a sci fi game Zepkron?

Imo it is still a futuristic game, so technology should be more advanced than current technology.

The sniper, the tank mines, soon the lock ons, all cases where technology seems to have gone back to WW2 level in the future.

We forgot long range bullets, the art of burying mines, soon the art of tracking missiles.

Imo it is utterly rediculous to nerf all the modern weapons. Standoff ranges are between WW1 and WW2 currently. If they were gonna make a WW2 combat game, I would have preferred that. But no. Now they are making a WW2 game in a scifi game but the only futuristic weapon is the colored tracer rounds for your sniper.

They are turning this into a total joke slowly. The way they are balancing things they are nerfing everything. We'll end up shooting at each-other with bazookas from 1m, and taking minutes to kill eachother :/

Comment

I just realized that the lock-on range reduction is actually a bit of a stealth buff for the Phoenix, which now has range parity with the lock ons. Still some obvious limitations, and the lock-ons will be effective against targets who will be out of the 300m range BEFORE the missile hits, but it makes the Pheonix less of a short range tool.

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be called "GU0x changes" as we have done in the past with other game updates? As the PTS server changes are really only the final stage in the process before they go (went, at 6? AM PST this morning already) live.

EDIT: yeah, please discuss in this thread: PU02 Patchnotes are out!

Admins, maybe even lock this thread?
                  Last edited by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL; 12-17-2013, 03:04 PM.
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X