Idea: One Large Scheduled Event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea: One Large Scheduled Event

I was kicking this idea around in my head, and I finally decided to put it up here. I'm suggesting that we do one larger event each month on the first Friday of the month (to coincide with FNF), every month. It would have to be repeatable so that people that do not visit the forums will know about it, and it would be like a Grand FNF. We could come up with some fun themes even (everyone where their snow camo the whole time or something). The intention behind it would be to try to get some of the players that moved on to come back for at least one night a month (if not forever). If we could spread the word around through multiple channels, we could possible get a platoon plus of TG members. Just a thought.

Re: Idea: One Large Scheduled Event

If you are striving to re-create what we had two Fridays ago, I agree with your sentiment.

For those who weren't there, we had a full platoon of almost 100% TGers, and the results were spectacular, so much fun! From my perspective as 1st PL / CC, I had a blast, as we were able to actually execute more complicated maneuvers. It was like conducting an orchestra, as compared to the informal jam sessions we do most other nights.

But then last week, a slightly disappointing turnout for FNF. I can only guess that some people must have been busy. Christmas parties maybe? I'm not sure what happened, I got the sign up thread up nice and early, but still attendance was nothing like the prior week.

So I guess what I am saying is, all we can do is keep doing FNFs, some times attendance will be better than others. Also, I would expect that by having all of these trainings lately (and just playing / training / practicing together daily) we will keep improving as individuals and as an outfit, and the good times will continue (and get better).

Oh yeah, that reminds me, about that sign up thread...
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by JerJB View Post
      We could come up with some fun themes even (everyone where their snow camo the whole time or something).
      NoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!! /identity crisis

Comment

Hahaha, Al!
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I believe the main problem with the last FNF WITH the roster was that it had began around 10 to 10:30. I for one was only available for 5 minutes and had to go, since I had life smack me in the face since I had something planned the next day.
          Questions about those who deserve it!
          "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Yeah....set a date and stick with it :P Being 1 1/2 hours late is going to cause some drop outs.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
            ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

As the organizer of the event, I am not sure those comments are directed at me or not, but I will address them nonetheless because I share your concerns.

Besides, I am waiting for the servers to come back up so I can go snowman hunting. :)

Firstly, for what I believe was the third (or fourth?) Friday in a row, an alert went off at 7 PM EST, tying up our troops in operations, and so FNF did unoficially began earlier than that although we didn't really have the kick off until later as you guys point out. So much for alerts going off during low pop periods. Friday nights I know almost every NC outfit on Mattherson have ops, this is why both NCC and NCSC decided to do combined ops on those nights. And judging by the size forces we usually fight, the other factions must have similar pop spikes on Fridays, especially during prime time (and later). SOE must have access to this data, therefore I cannot figure out why on earth alerts keep going off every Friday evening around 7-8 PM and causing traffic jams of queue as massive numbers of people cannot get to the alert continent. /facepalm

Secondly, one or two of the signed up squad leaders (including, interestingly enough, one person who complained that we did not start on time last week, I will not mention any names) were not present at event start time. And no SLs = no event. Usually, there will be some additional, non signed up SLs who will fill the roles (like DoT, etc.) but none of them happened to be around either. As I said, attendance overall (and SL attendance in particular) was down a little from last week.

Not upset or anything or taking constructive criticisms personally, I just want to state some facts here. So what can we do about this going forward?

Perhaps a useful discussion should be: What do we do if an alert is going off? Decide to fall back and to our kick off ceremony anyway? What if assigned SLs are not present, and not enough alternative SLs are present? Proceed anyway at the prescribed time? In the past, I erred on the side of starting later, as IMO there is no event without enough players (and especially, SLs) but is this something we want to change going forward?

Comment

Personally Randy, my comments hadnt been directed to you, but rather as an inference instead. NAnyways, something which we can do to get around the "Alert right before FNF" is to take the time and make the decision of wether or not to fight. Of course we all want to go to alerts, but if it is FNF, people would rather have a fight than wait in lines, so hopping in queue and then hopping into a fight on a non-alert continent would be useful, maybe even just having a good chat or speech until everyone is ready.

Comment

Keep in mind that we are often coordinating with NCC and/or NCSC on Fridays. And therefore in total, we are such a huge force (several platoons) we usually decide to go to wherever the biggest fight is (usually Indar, or wherever the alert continent is). To do otherwise would rapidly turn into ghost capping an entire continent with multiple platoons. It actually gets pretty difficult to find an opposing force of equal or greater size for us all to fight us at that point. lol

Comment

You got that point, well I have no effective way of doing this.

Comment

Hence the purpose of forums. :) Others may share your concerns (I did) but this way we can discuss things and explain "why things are the way they are" which in turn usually alleviates misunderstandings and keeps/restores faith in leadership decisions.

Comment

We can do the FnF kickoffs over the outfit comms when an alert pops up. We would just have to make sure not to get in a huge fight while it is going on. I would assume a defensive situation would probably be best. Someone would also have to advise the other factions that we will be defending blah while we kickoff our event.

Comment

i Think JB got the best idea right there and starting maybe an hour sooner would help too but just being smaller like 1 platoon and as soon as people are getting in we open new squad and everything. I think the ''meeting'' at the warpgate is FUN but way too long sometime (not always but...)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X