Max damage decreased from 250 to 167
    Max damage range decreased from 200 to 10 meters
    Min Damage decreased from 175 to 125
    Min Damage range decreased from 500 to 130 meters
    Cone of Fire at rest is being increased from 0.25 degrees to 0.5 degrees
    Cone of fire recoil increased from 0.05 degrees per shot to 0.1 degrees
    Cone of Fire will recover faster
    Added a legshot multiplier of -0.1

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Re: PU02 Patchnotes are out!

:row__689:

Oh my, that's some long *** patch notes. Let us distil this knowledge...

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Uhm... oh god... I read it and I probably could have finished downloading this before I was done carefully reading ALL the information.
      Questions about those who deserve it!
      "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

MY GLORIOUS AC-X11 is getting a buff! ....I already got an auraxium on it though...

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
        ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Servers are down. :(

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...pm-cet.162813/

Comment

Yeah, there are a ton of patch notes this time around. Go and read them while you wait.

From JerJBs linked thread, above:

Adding snowmen to a game always causes issues.

Down with snowmen!
            hahahaha!
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Other things that caught my eye:

Functionality for a squad leader to mark a cap point has been added. This will add arrows to the objective indicator on the HUD that your squadmates can see. Hold the spot button down (q by default) to bring up the quick menu while targeting a capture point to set the indicator.

M20 Drake
              Fire rate increased from 300 RPM to 400 RPM
              Max damage range increased from 150 to 250 meters
              Min damage range increased from 250 to 350 meters
              Added legshot multiplier of -0.1
              Ammo resupply now grants 60 rounds per tick up from 25 (Liberator version)
              Ammo resupply now grants 100 rounds per tick up from 25 (Galaxy version)

Prowler Anchored Mode
              Data shows that anchored mode is extending the Prowlers range too far as well as making it too easy to hit aircraft. The projectile speed increase on Anchored mode is being reduced from 15/30/45/60% per rank, to 7.5/15/22.5/30%

Flak Armor
              Flak armor now resists direct damage from explosive weapons in addition to resisting AOE damage

NC Phoenix Launcher Changes
              Reload speed is now faster at 4.7 seconds, down from 5.2 seconds.

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

Whoa:

* Spawn Beacons can no longer be placed inside facility walls

THAT'S a significant change!

* Functionality for a squad leader to mark a cap point has been added. This will add arrows to the objective indicator on the HUD that your squadmates can see. Hold the spot button down (q by default) to bring up the quick menu while targeting a capture point to set the indicator.

I didn't know that was a thing.

Basilisk and Kobalt changes are interesting. I like the Kobalt so it'll be nice to see it getting a buff, though I'm sad that the harasser version is getting that rapid falloff to damage at range since that makes the supressive fire harasser tactic I'm fond of a little more difficult. Upping the fire rate of the basilisk and tightening up the initial cone of fire are welcome changes... as effective as the weapon is, it's always FELT weak because of the low fire rate and felt a little imprecise too. That looks like a SUBSTANTIAL DPS buff at close range, too

I think the C-85 Canister (previously named the Enforcer Modified) is still a bit of a joke, IMO. They made it more powerful per blast and gave it a bigger magazine, but it's still a point-blank or bust weapon. I don't think a vehicle shotgun WORKS, it needs a redesign. My personal preference would be a sort of anti-infantry flak shell that detects and fires in a cone... basically, instead of a vehicle mounted shotgun, it'd be a vehicle mounted shotgun launcher.

Tank Buster nerfed! Nooooooooooooo.

ESF nose cannons getting nerfed versus armour and infantry. Seems fair. That's what rockets are for. All nose cannons are getting hit for damage, and the rotaries are becoming even more close ranged as far as damage falloff is concerned. Notably, no nerfs for the anti-ground nosegun variants, so maybe more viable for anti-ground work now. Generally speaking we'll have to keep an eye on how much less powerful noseguns will be.

Reaper DMR buffed! Yay!

Warden buffed! YEEEEEEHAW!

Rocket launcher changes interesting. Pheonix gets a reload buff, sounds good.

I'm wondering if some of these damage nerfs are being counteracted with resistance changes elsewhere that they're forgetting to include. Doesn't make sense to drop MAX AV weapon damage as a concession to infantry unless that's the case.

ZOE changes look good. In particular the 15 second mandatory duration and cooldown timer. It's a short term buff, not a toggleable damage/speed boost.

TANK AND ANTI INFANTRY MINES NO LONGER SHOW ON THERMALS. Should make them a bit more effective.

Max revive times increased! 6.0-4.2 second depending on revive tool level. I can appreciate the change, should make it easier to keep a MAX down.

Damn, SOE really pulled out the stops on this one. This will be an interesting patch to play with.

Comment

How much did the marking objectives thing cost? I bought it and anyone who had it is getting a refund and I REALLY wanna know what I should spend it on

Comment

Originally posted by BolivianRAMPAGE View Post
                    How much did the marking objectives thing cost? I bought it and anyone who had it is getting a refund and I REALLY wanna know what I should spend it on
                    Yeah, I don't remember but what a waste of certs. Glad to have them back. I had bought that on accident when I was trying to actually purchase the offensive and defensive map markers. The names of the 3 of those things were all too similar / confusing.
                    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                      Whoa:

Tank Buster nerfed! Nooooooooooooo.

*snip*

I'm wondering if some of these damage nerfs are being counteracted with resistance changes elsewhere that they're forgetting to include. Doesn't make sense to drop MAX AV weapon damage as a concession to infantry unless that's the case.
                      That's exactly the case, they didn't elaborate on the precise changes to armor values but they did mention a lot that damage value changes are just to keep the end result the same.

Comment

There are fan made sites referring to the health and defense a armor has, but it is fan made, I have never seen an official information log on that

Comment

"You can now deploy at any warpgate regardless of your current continent."
                          Wow! I didn't see that coming. It seems like we will encounter major outnumbering-troop-swinging-around.

"Flak armor now resists direct damage from explosive weapons in addition to resisting AOE damage"
                          I was hoping for that to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                            * Spawn Beacons can no longer be placed inside facility walls

THAT'S a significant change!
                            Does this mean they fixed glitching inside actual wall models, or you can no longer deploy them inside bases (like a red zone for beacons)?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                              Does this mean they fixed glitching inside actual wall models, or you can no longer deploy them inside bases (like a red zone for beacons)?
                              I read it as the former, but now I'm wondering whether that's just wishful thinking. It sounds like a red zone because there's no mention of spawn room beacons which are the other half of that bug.

I think the markers on objective points were only like 30 or 50 certs. They were never worth it unless you had a bank of certs laying around, so giving them for free was a good change. Actually, they could go a step further and let it display the (colour coded) squad objective markers for all squads in your platoon...

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X