Weird things done while bored...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird things done while bored...

So last Night I was playing Planetside in the late night squad and there was no alert on, all the fights where gone, and we had just taken Peris Amp to 0% resistance. So, as things tend to do when people get bored, things got weird.
    -First there was a squad order to suppress the ground around a particular squad member (I made sure they knew not to actually shoot him don't worry guys)
    -Then there was a squad order to suppress the ceiling because, it was "pinning us down"(an accidental 'pun' a I found incredibly funny at the time).
    -Then lastly we decided to all hop on harrassers and flashes and roll around the VS warpgate while I recited a bastardized, Planetside 2 version of Romeo's poetry to Juliet during the start of Act 2.

On other late night days I've actually had a pool party with a bunch of TR guys that were just sitting around in a pond with flare guns. This later moved on to "MAX sumo wrestling"(which I won) and a Sundy Demolition derby (which I lost).

I can't imagine this is the first time weird stuff like this has happened with the late night crew. So I'm wondering what strange/hilarious stories does anyone else in TG have to tell?

Re: Weird things done while bored...

I once posted a proposed SOP on a bathroom break procedure after playing for about 12 hours straight.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

On the Connery server the outfit I was with use to team up with a TR outfit and go to a place called the "pit" on Indar. There they would have scrims with rules. Such as the PL's from both outfits would go in the "pit" and could only use sidearms. Or 6 members from each team would be chosen and could only use knives. Of course the last one standing wins.

Comment

As my father would say: "Nothing good comes after 10:00 P.M.; go to bed"

Me, Bolivian, and Ghost have made some pretty cool trips to TR/VS warpgate and kill air until we were found and a whole platoon would run us down.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
        ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Randy should be able to recall many nights were we should have just gone to bed but instead ran laps in the warp gate talking about everything and anything.

Also gal stacking, catching 11 maxes on top of a moving gal, follow the leader gals, and my person favorite lately, flash jumping (ask Al).

Oh and PISS (people interested in saving snowmen) Al lead a flash squad to protect snowmen. We effectively saved 0 snowmen.

Comment

Flying upside down Galaxies around the map. Then stalling galaxies on there butts and doing twirls.
            The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
            mutual respect for your fellow gamers
            and where all members
            would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
            Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

The other night at about 3:00 AM I decided to go snowmen hunting, on a turbo flash with a kobalt. I did quite well, actually. Then, since I was in the area, I ghost capped a VS biolab simply because it was a VS biolab. Also, late night learning to fly anything is usually a lot of fun for the people on the ground watching.
              MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Turning your Gal upside down in the warpgate and crawling across the ground like some clipped-wing pterodactyl.

And yeah, I spelled "Pterodactyl" right on the first try. Bow before me.
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                  Turning your Gal upside down in the warpgate and crawling across the ground like some clipped-wing pterodactyl.
                  Oh yeah... forgot about that.

Comment

I was on indar with Phaelah (ed rush) doing some armor combat when out of nowhere we see a harasser fly across the sky....twice

Comment

We were defending a Biolab a while back, we had repulsed several Vanu and TR pushes and things had quieted down as the big enemy outfits moved on to easier nuts to crack.

I was MAXed out, lollygagging on the air pad while the rest of the squad waited inside (I'm a bad person). A lone TR medic comes up onto the pad, sees me and walks forward, emptying his clip into me, vowing to die in a blaze of glory. Instead or nuking him, I tanked the damage until he stopped in front of me, gave a "No way, man!", and we stared at each other for a bit.

Then he turned around and jumped off the pad to his death.
                      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I remember seeing a galaxy transporting a sunderer to a biolab landing pad, then driving the sunderer into the biolab. Now that is epic late night boredom. Their is a video of it somewhere in the forums.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X