Skywhale/Battlegal fun times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Skywhale/Battlegal fun times

Couldn't find the old screenshots and video thread. If anyone can find it, please move this there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj6dKqH0cKI

Re: Skywhale/Battlegal fun times

Thanks for the video, that was such fun. We had 4 battle Galaxies going for quite some time, the fourth migrated to Bravo later on to get a few more players in on the fun. We were all working together (looks like you caught Alpha when they were busy or something) and took out a fair bit of infantry, fighters, and liberators with ease. Even the odd Skyguard died fast when we all descended.

I took a while to be more cautious with the Gal (hey, I'm still practicing!) and I double checked most of my areas of operation with Bolivian and Ironman (thanks guys). Still, I must say excellent work calling targets, sticking together and avoiding each other, plenty of calls for "going under you", "passing your left" etc.

Pilots were myself, Bolivian, Ironman, Coiled, Daelon ... I'm definitely forgetting someone, Bregard, did you fly at some point?

One of my favourite moments, which I think Al and Randy would have loved to see, was when all 4 Galaxies flew to the Palisades just West from the start of that video and popped up from the Amp station below. We hadn't said to circle or anything, so without any comms all 4 pilots just swiveled 90 degrees, effortlessly lined up in a row, and floated gently towards the enemy while constantly bombarding them. Must have been impressive to watch.

Also making a great Lib pilot complain via tells (not sure whether good natured).

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Haha, hate mail is great, especially from one of the better Lib pilots (we seem to have several of them on Mattherson, and they are the bane of our existence, those us who share an affinity for the Auraxian Skywhale).

Yeah, wish there was some video of that Jengles. Also, WHERE WAS I FOR THIS??!!!
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Oog. I'm usually an ESF pilot and I hear you about the Liberators on this server. If I see a TGWW tag I keep my distance/slash order the entire squad to KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Comment

My Galaxy was only downed 3 times in 2 hours. But I had the help of the other gals. The Cohesion was great and our comms (as said before) were amazing! Targets were called out and Gals followed targets that they KNEW were easy to kill. If it was for any reason dangerous, all 4 Gals jumped on it and kept each other alive. (Most of the time)

Perhaps my favorite part of the night was when we hit Broken Arch Road, my gunner got about 15 kills in 1 mag. That was AMAZING, my gunner's ability to steal kills so well led me to making 200 certs in 2 hours.

Something I wanna try next time is getting a squad Of Max Racer Chassis Skyguards chasing the Gals into enemy territories with repair and Ammo Sundies near enemy WArpGates and hot spots, without the fear of getting hit by something too hard. It would be a full support platoon where we would take out all enemy armor and air at fights from a distance to allow BlueBerry Infantry to leave the area and push for a larger objective. Of course this isn't practical as you can't take bases unless you drop in a squad and follow them from base to base. It would be easy caps unless they out pop by at least 20% but we could probably still find cover and be able to take the base easily.
          Questions about those who deserve it!
          "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Bolivian, that last little bit is something I've wanted to try in conjunction with that old heavy interceptor tactic I worked out a while back, I think it'd be a good complimentary force. I've been toying with the idea of trying the heavy interceptor stuff out again to shut down enemy galaxy redeployment outright, and the obvious problem is that in a prime-time scenario they're eventually just going to get fed up with us and send a platoon worth of ESFs at us. If there was a fallback position with heavy AA support that could be countered and destroyed outright... to say nothing of the extra ability to bring down Galaxies if they weren't smart enough to take a non-direct route!

That's a little off-topic, I guess. I'll start a new thread for my crazy musings there.

Comment

Cool Star, perhaps with the help of more people, we can fine tune it.
              Questions about those who deserve it!
              "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Oh jeez you were recording that... fun times... >_>
                Last edited by cris; 01-06-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X