Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Hour [TG]/[TAS]/[SC] Platoon

Hey Guys,

Today I tried something new, well I ran it before for a few weeks, that seemed pretty cool. I ran a platoon for around 6 hours with a multiple outfits. Now I was wondering what others though of this, if they liked it or not, and if I should do this more. We went round like beasts and capped the most part of Indar and Esamir, we did fairly good and got a whole lot of certs. Thanks to Cookie for helping me start the platoon and vstlNuK for taking over the platoon after I left. Also thanks to all my squad leaders, you all did great.

- Anamit117
    -MASTERCHIEFA117
    sigpic

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda

Re: 6 Hour [TG]/[TAS]/[SC] Platoon

From what I could tell I you did a good job Master even though I was not there very long.

At one point I noticed another squad in the platoon was named "TacticalGamer.com"; unfortunately, the TG member that had been leading passed it off without renaming it. Whoever that was, PLEASE REFER TO THIS: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/planets...-platoons.html And next time disband the squad when leaving, it has led to bad situations in the past.

I explained the situation to the non-TG member and he passed me lead, I changed name to generic "Esamir Alert", gave lead back and left.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

PLEASE change names, I have had FIVE SQUAD in the last two weeks where I had to enter and tell a pubbie to change the name. We cant have the TG official Brand on random squads who no run the TG way.
      Questions about those who deserve it!
      "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Our rule is that named TacticalGamer squads must each have a TG squad leader in direct control. Also, to make sure we can deliver the same quality experience every time, each TG squad should have a bunch of TG squad members acting as examples.

As for multi-outfit platoons, these are a little more tricky. Personally I love to see the outfits mix like that, but several of us have learnt from experience that there's an increased chance for problems. This thread outlines how to properly close or pass on squads.

Something else to consider, if a TG platoon lead disconnects can each of the SLs be relied on to pass it back to a TG player? Likewise, for non-TG platoons can the PL be trusted to replace a TG squad lead that disconnected? Essentially, it boils down to which outfits we have a working relationship with.

Incidently, was it SC or Sturm Grenadier? Who's SC?

It sounds like you did fine, MasterChief. Thanks for asking, the more people aware of this the more we can avoid problems.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

It was Strum Grenadiers, they were running delta squad while alpha and bravo were TG. TAS had Charlie squad to run with.
          sigpic

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda

Comment

Yes, inter outfit ops are great for getting to know your allies and building relationships. PS2 is a game of massive coordination on a large scale, any large scale successes the NC have had (in alerts and otherwise) have all started out from individuals getting to know one another across outfits. Then, when you are participating in COMMAND channel, these people are your friends and COMMAND channel remains civil, instead of having a bunch of strangers in there yelling at each other.

Good job stepping up Anamit, hopefully you enjoyed the experience. SLing (and PLing) are each different games respectively, but vastly rewarding in their own ways.

And guys, take it easy on him, 3 of you don't need to pile on the same subject essentially. lol Although it is important and bears repeating. We don't want to scare off a new up and coming potential SL/PL. :)

Usually other outfit squads will follow their own naming conventions, or sometimes call themselves "SG squad in a TG platoon" or some such. I know I have done that some times.

Only other thing I would add, just make sure everyone is doing a good job representing TG, especially when working with other outfits.
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X