New Amerish on PTS is cool.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amerish on PTS is cool.

The Amerish revamp was recently brought out on the PTS and, to sum things up, the devs have seriously out done themselves with this one.
    There are:
    -Cave systems
    -environmental hazards
    -energy bridges
    -Many different ways to both assault and defend a base from a multitude of angles ( I don't have to mindlessly throw a squad at doors anymore!)
    -Multi-room, Multi-floor buildings.
    -sufficient of cover for all units (air, infantry, vehicles) without turning everything into a turtle/grind party
    -forward positions that don't require a capture point (like the base between Indar ex. and quartz ridge)
    -Amerish is now even prettier (glowing crystals and stuff)
    and the list goes on and on

As someone who has effectivly memorized every single map and base in PS2 (aside from parts of freyr amp) and effectively found them all bland, this is seriously exciting stuff form me. I really recommend those of you who have downloaded PTS go check it out.

Re: New Amerish on PTS is cool.

Damnit Zep.

Now I have to update my PTS client again.
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Are there any videos or pics of this?
      Questions about those who deserve it!
      "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

I just did a fly by on what I think the major changes were..................it's a massive face-lift of Amerish.

When I figure out how to split the videos I'll post them.

Comment

Originally posted by BolivianRAMPAGE View Post
          Are there any videos or pics of this?
          There are a good amount on both the Dev twitter's and just generally around.
          type "new amerish on pts" in google

Comment

After almost two hours driving around I've seen less than half the new stuff. It looks fantastic across the board, much more diverse than before.

The Ascent in particular looks like it's going to be an absolute riot. Multiple routes in and out of objectives and spawnpoints, that fantastic looking cave system, little infantry goat-paths you can use to sneak around the defenders, jump pads to increase the mobility of the defenders... it's going to be very neat.

There's a labyrinthine underground multilevel base on the far-left-center of the map with a secret entrance/exit that's hidden by bushes from the outside. South of that there's a big tree-fort built with a ton of elevated ramps while the trees provide partial overhead cover. South of that is the Scarfield Reliquary, a rectangular fort which doesn't look quite finished yet but should be interesting - the walls are lower than the ridiculous Esamir bases (you could use a Vanguard's gun as a ramp for infantry here) but there is no significant elevated terrain around it for tanks to fire down onto the escarpments, a problem which plagues so many bases by leaving them vulnerable to tank spam.

A lot of the bases look like they've been designed with the upcoming lattice in mind - namely that they're significantly larger and seem like they'll be better suited to the large-scale battles that the lattice brings. No more having 20 defenders grouped up on each of the five firing points, or that's the hope. Many of these new bases have teleporters in the spawn room, allowing defenders to sally forth from two locations (albeit still fairly close together).

I can't wait to see the lattice implemented here. I've been avoiding playing on Amerish for the past several months simply because it so often results in that ghost-capping chasing-your-tail gameplay that ends up with half the players fighting in cut-off patches of territories.

To anyone hopping in to check it out (and really, if you haven't downloaded the PTS to check out Hossin yet, what kind of PS2 player are you?) keep in mind that the map hasn't been updated yet to reflect the changes to the bases and terrain. It's a treasure hunt out there to find all the cool new places.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Ooo I like sneaky things. I will hide in the caves. Moar knife killz

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
              ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Could someone elaborate on what is meant by forward spawns not tied to a control point?

Comment

They are separate out buildings that you spawn too without direct connection to the points.

The attached pic shows the capture point at the bottom of the 'spire' while the spawn room is shown in the upper right corner.

This is a base called Amerish SO 03, so in essence the attackers become the defenders of the point while it caps so to speak.

You'll notice in some of the pics, they are getting ready with the 'resource' aspects of the game as well.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Rageq3a; 01-20-2014, 07:28 PM.

Comment

It probably gonna be like the ESF update and come out on Wednesday. After all they said they wanna have an update every Wednesday from now on.

Comment

Oh my god, that's awesome.

The Ascent

Subterranean Nanite Analysis

Originally posted by BolivianRAMPAGE View Post
                      It probably gonna be like the ESF update and come out on Wednesday. After all they said they wanna have an update every Wednesday from now on.
                      The Roadmap has it slated for February.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJengles View Post

The Roadmap has it slated for February.
                        I was planned for late May but came out a few weeks early, this can be the same thing :3

Comment

Actually the continent is so vastly different, I'd like to suggest that we as an outfit schedule a time to go on the test server and check it out together. Having more eyes on it from an analytical standpoint will help us to plot offensive approaches and defensive positions better. If we don't............then we'll be fighting the outfits that did.

Comment

Originally posted by Rageq3a View Post
                            Actually the continent is so vastly different, I'd like to suggest that we as an outfit schedule a time to go on the test server and check it out together. Having more eyes on it from an analytical standpoint will help us to plot offensive approaches and defensive positions better. If we don't............then we'll be fighting the outfits that did.
                            Sadly, the number who have installed PTS is very small...most recurrent squad leaders have it though so it we may get the most out of doing this.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                            ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

I am trying to come up with plans on how I could use the territory in a squad sense. If anyone with a good PC can he some video, then maybe we can get some ambush positions going.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X