Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor Warfare Video!!!!!!!!!!!

hello everyone!!!

I just finished putting together my armor video!!

Just want to say thank you to everyone who volunteered and to everyone who joined a squad!

please let me know what you guys think and what project I should do next!

Re: Armor Warfare Video!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, its official. I'm going to have to get some cosmetics so i'm more distinguishable. ;)

Comment

Great job with the editing Ghost! You did an amazing job and your work really demonstrates this. Let's get a round of applause for Ghost and all of those who helped him!

Perhaps we should do something with Air and have like MAXes on them(not in them) and ride into a battle to look like some badasses.
      Questions about those who deserve it!
      "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Yup looks pretty dang good Ghost, and I like the sound track too. As far as the MAXs.........hmmm considering to stay on a moving vehicle you have to be moving as fast as they are, thats gonna be difficult.

Comment

Hey, was that section at Saerro from the ops last night? :)

Excellent job editing all that together, Ghost!

Amongst the many things I find myself doing these days, I've done a fair amount of animation and cinematics work, so I've got some critique for you: I think some of the longer sections, especially in the beginning, dragged on a bit. The writing advice is to come in late and leave early, and I think that applies here just as well. I'd also put less emphasis on the non-combat scenes, which made up a substantial portion of the video, unless you're doing something really interesting there like travelling in formation, or taking it from a neat camera view (for instance, in a high altitude establishing shot).

The combat scenes could have used some more interesting camera angles. Armour putting down suppressive fire is really cool looking from high altitude when you've got good framing of both the armour squad and their target (rule of thirds, etc). Synchronized volleys would also be a cool thing to see, as would shots from downrange. If there's interesting comm chatter, that would be a neat thing to include, and if you've got good angles of things like the flanking/pincer maneuver you did that other video on, that's a really winner right there, especially if you can cut it all up to tell a story instead of just a montage!

Something you might want to try that's served me well when doing animation work is to do a storyboard or animatic prior to filming to nail down the angles to nail down scene order, camera angles, and timing. Obviously, not 100% applicable... that doesn't work for capturing a live op, and if you want enemy action in a shot you'd need to have people cooperating with their alts or something, but maybe there's something you can apply there.

Don't let that wall of text fool you, though, I like what you've done with it!

Comment

Yeah I meant like a Bio Lab scene where we drive under the bio lab, get the MAXes on top under it, then Ascend with gunfire hailing with the Gal guns and the MAXes
            Questions about those who deserve it!
            "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Originally posted by BolivianRAMPAGE View Post
              Perhaps we should do something with Air and have like MAXes on them(not in them) and ride into a battle to look like some badasses.
              Originally posted by BolivianRAMPAGE View Post
              Yeah I meant like a Bio Lab scene where we drive under the bio lab, get the MAXes on top under it, then Ascend with gunfire hailing with the Gal guns and the MAXes
              As epic as that might look on film, it is not representative of our play style and so it is not something we would want to showcase under the TG banner.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                Hey, was that section at Saerro from the ops last night? :)
                Looks like it.

Good job ghost!

Comment

Nice!!!

Really cool footage. Wish my game looked that good. I have almost everything maxed out and it is still jaggy most of the time.

Great work Todd
                  sigpic

Comment

Ha, see my tank. Didn't even know you were filming. Good job.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X