X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Alerts Tracker

For interest, via reddit: http://ps2alerts.com/

Re: Alerts Tracker

I agree with a poster on the site, "I'm kinda curious to see where this goes". It would be nice to filter by server and type. It would also be nice to filter by faction across all servers to see which server NC wins the most alerts................then I could sneak over there and see what they are doing different........hehehehe

Comment

Looking at the Mattherson stats, it's interesting to see the alert type victory breakdowns. Obviously, the VS is doing slightly better overall and the TR is doing pretty badly with their consistently low population. However, when you break it down by type we've won twice as many territory alerts as the VS while the VS have won four times as many bio lab alerts as us... twice as much as us and the TR combined!

I suspect the Vanu's overall troop distribution strategy is really well suited to holding or attacking Bio labs, and I also suspect that they've got VERY good at holding and taking Bio Labs over the last several months. It'd line up with Randy's observation that the Vanu make a point of always holding a Bio Lab on every continent... they've just had a lot of practise.

I wonder what we're doing right that we're winning a solid majority of territory alerts.

Comment

ZOE probably has a huge point to VS Biolab domination. That and it appears that the VS just tend to focus more on infantry than vehicles on Mattherson.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
          I wonder what we're doing right that we're winning a solid majority of territory alerts.
          Numbers. Especially during off-peak hours.

The Vanu win biolab alerts because they are flat out better organized. They have the skill and discipline to rapidly redeploy platoon+ numbers whenever a biolab is threatened, and the coordination to drop multiple platoons into an enemy biolab and overwhelm it before they can set up a strong resistance.

The other thing they match us in is Amp Station alerts. Not two weeks ago I saw the Vanu once again pull off a flawless Amp Station gatecrash. One sunderer snuck in before I'd even redeployed to grab my tank, then two more plowed through while we were still trying to figure out how to dislodge the first crate of MAXes.
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Are you sure? According to the site, we're actually winning MORE at peak hours and the Vanu aren't winning at all, within the timespan the site is tracking, unless that's a bug?

Comment

I don't think it's a bug. Recently, with the work NCC and newer SLs have put in, we are winning a lot more.
              Questions about those who deserve it!
              "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Err, actually.

Up until midnight tonight, that site was based entirely on user-reported alert results. It is now set to submit its own alerts.

So I'm going to go ahead and say that any data up to now has been horribly contaminated by the human factor. It looks like only two alerts on average were submitted per day.

I don't think we can draw any meaningful results from this until it's had a week or two to tabulate some results.

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I do know that, for a while there, NC were winning a lot of alerts. I was involved in many of them. Now, I have been gone for about a month, not sure what recent history has been.

But basically, several months ago, NC on Mattherson sucked, we never won alerts, participation and coordination was low, etc. Then a number of prominent outfits started haranguing everyone to participate in alerts, and stressing cooperation and civility in COMMAND channel in game. This netted great results and NC eventually turned things around on Mattherson in a big way. We were actually the dominant faction there at times for a while, and even won some alerts when under popped. It was good times. :)

Upon my return the last couple days, I read some posts over at NCC forums that apparently COMMAND in game has turned back into crap. I have not been back in game yet to verify that. Also, my understanding is that some of the major outfits (VCO, maybe others) have decided to take a bit of a break in Feb, because WDS is horribly broken and awful. So we may be in for some suck in the short term, I dunno, as I said haven't been in game recently.

If you are interested in alerts, higher level coordination, and getting to know the other people in the other outfits, I highly recommend joining the NCC. The VS on our server are very organized and work very well together. What may people don't understand is that all of these VS outfits have played together since PS1. They specifically decided to all play together on this server when PS2 came out. So it's no accident how they have been so dominant at times.

If you are interested in fighting that trend, join NCC and just get to know some of the leaders of the other NC outfits on Mattherson. They are a cool bunch of guys and our allies. And all trust and coordination is built upon just getting to know people and work with them. And that is what NCC is all about, it's like the community of NC leadership on Mattherson.
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

double post
                    Last edited by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL; 02-21-2014, 04:15 PM. Reason: deleted double post
                    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hrmm, cool site. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Command channel lately has been interesting. Lots of finger pointing after botched defense attempts which makes for some what entertaining mudslinging-fests.
                        Last edited by TYHBoom; 02-25-2014, 05:57 PM.

Comment

That's unfortunate to hear.

Can't we leave that sort of thing to The Enclave?

Comment

Probably because they don't have Randy in there to set the record strait.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X