SOEs new membership program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOEs new membership program

So a couple of days ago SOE announced a "NEW" and "IMPROVED" membership program: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...an-faq.169871/

So is it going to make you bite the bullet and get a membership? Personally I had one and then cancelled it a while back. The 500SC a month is not new, it was part of the old program that everyone wanted to keep. The discounts off market place don't really mean anything to me so it's not something I'd re-up for and since I only play FPS and not RPG the 'whole one time pass' to all the other SOE games don't do anything for me. But what about you? Are you interested enough to get a SOE membership?

Re: SOEs new membership program

I am more interested in it, and am considering buying it more, but chances are I will not. I wanna get to level 100 without any XP Boosts I gotta buy, then I might if I am still interested and see that the game has a year or two more to go.
    Questions about those who deserve it!
    "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

The reason the "Claim 500 SC Monthly" is up there is because there was a change to the system.

For some reason SOE didn't like people just accumulating that Station Cash (People were saving it up and buying the 'next big thing' as soon as it was released), and they initially wanted to switch to a system where you could instead pick one free item from the marketplace each month, although there was also talk of limitations - thinks like not being able to pick player studio items (screwing over content submitters and players).

Such a stink was raised about this by the playerbase that Smed countermanded it.

BUT we are still going to have to remember to log in each month, go to the marketplace a claim our 500 SC.

The blanket 10% off marketplace items is new though. Win some, lose some.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

The whole thing is a bit of a mess, isn't it?

Comment

It adds value for me - I have several old dormant free accounts in other SOE games that I can now go back and fiddle with with new membership perks. It has also made me look at EQN Landmark and other titles at the fringes of my interest a little more seriously, since I'll be getting something in those platforms without changing my membership. Which I guess is the point.

That 2k SC voucher deal was never going to fly though. It'll buy you anything in PS2, but very little worth having in almost every other game. I wonder what sort of internal economic behaviors they see with the 500SC grant that they wanted to put a stop to. Maybe hoarding in Q1 only to spend on a launch in Q4 reduces their profit numbers?
          In game handle: Steel Scion
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah Steel, a lot of people felt that most of the Rough Draft of this new membership program was kinda unnecessary.
            Questions about those who deserve it!
            "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Well the 500SC won't really buy you anything except those things that are really old, they didn't say whether or not the items would still be able to be purchased with certs or not though. So if I'm still playing, when the 'next big thing' does come along I can just buy them with certs if they still that option available. If not then it is just to add money to the coffers and I'll probably just quit. I know I said I'd quit before but this is a game where you can just jump on play a bit then leave when you want to........but I have my money down for Titanfall so we'll see then that comes out.

Comment

I assume sidegrades will continue to be SC or certs, while style items will continue to be SC only.
                In game handle: Steel Scion
                sigpic

Comment

I think this is an improvement overall. You get an opportunity to benefit all the games SOE offers. Its smart and practical from a SOE standpoint. You now incentivize people to play the new Free To Play games SOE is focusing their market model on. This means more chance to make a sale and more things for people to buy with that 'free' 500SC.

I understand why SOE didn't want Player Made stuff to be bought by the 'free' SC due to SOE having to pay the creator a small royalty, however, its a bit of a greedy decision.

Either way I was going to pay for a 6 month membership anyways. If only to support SOE and PS2's continued existence. Its not a perfect game and it needs some fixes, but we'll never get those fixes if the money isn't there. For that reason I'll support PS2 whenever I feel I can afford to. It is made all the better to know that by supporting PS2 I ALSO get to support/and to benefit other games like EQN and the 'unannounced' MMO that is supposed to be aimed at those who loved SWGs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                    the 'unannounced' MMO that is supposed to be aimed at those who loved SWGs.
                    This I had not heard of. Very vague, and very interesting.

I've spent a 6 month membership to PS2, alpha squad and extra SC on top of that. I figure I've given enough. I'm in a decent place cert-wise now with most of my kits and vehicles, so I doubt I'll be getting another membership.
                    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X