Hacker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacker

So Bolivian and I ran into a vanu hacker the other day..

Re: Hacker

He's not necessarily hacking. There's a rather uncommon glitch where the hitbox of a fighter will detach and be a hundred or so meters away from the model of the fighter itself. If this guy was a hacker I would expect him to flying around killing people instead of just chilling out somewhere. It looks to me like the pilot is just as bewildered as the people on the ground, and he was probably recording the event too.

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

I was in this situation myself a few weeks ago, I was a skygaurd deep in the enermy lands shooting scyths from covered areas, picking off lone fighters. After they pass over me I would open fire then stop so they could not see where it came from, they would turn about to search for the source at which point I would finnish them offthen I would find another spot to hide.

This one scyth did just that, passed over and took half a clip I reloaded,then it came back around taking another clip then to my supprise open fire on me...

3 clips later I got a message

...Yell Why am I not dead?

The pilot of the sythe stopped shooting and started chatting saying that the all the shot were hitting but he was not taking any damage.

I also notice that I was not taking damaged either.

After a few minutes I tried to get out of my skygaurd but could not exit so I drove back to the warpgate to redploy shortly after I was disconnected from the server

One thing I did notice (or not notice) at the warp gate there were no other players and no comms chatter at all.

After I restarted the client it stated to do a small update (40MB or so) and the game played normal again..

I believe sections of the server were shutting down update and restarts and became out of sync with each other leaving only a few local players connected but without a service processing any hit code

So as for a hacker, I think maybe not

I would guess that he could not exit his scythe and may not be able to directly hurt others and would be disconnected from the sevrer when it updated its self

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

He was killing people before hand, then stopped when we started crowding and reporting him.
        Questions about those who deserve it!
        "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

I've seen impervious scythes before, I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, I've never seen the phenomena with mosquitoes.
          MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

I've seen flak fail to work against Liberators (not sure about fighters), but never seen everything fail to damage.

Even so, unless I'm very confident about a hacker, I try to message them and tell them how it looks for me just to see what they say. For example, some reply about internet trouble when I've seen them warping around. If they sound convincing I won't report them, but if I'm skeptical or unsure I do report them for being suspicious - it's up to SOE to look into the players as they have the tools to decide whether or not they're truly cheating.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJengles View Post
              I've seen flak fail to work against Liberators (not sure about fighters), but never seen everything fail to damage.

Even so, unless I'm very confident about a hacker, I try to message them and tell them how it looks for me just to see what they say. For example, some reply about internet trouble when I've seen them warping around. If they sound convincing I won't report them, but if I'm skeptical or unsure I do report them for being suspicious - it's up to SOE to look into the players as they have the tools to decide whether or not they're truly cheating.
              You're too nice, you gotta ban em all!
              Questions about those who deserve it!
              "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Originally posted by BolivianRAMPAGE View Post

Well said; people are much to quick to deem people "hackers". Everything from lag, pride, graphical inconsistency, and of course lack of skill are the basis for most /reports it seems.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
                  Well said; people are much to quick to deem people "hackers". Everything from lag, pride, graphical inconsistency, and of course lack of skill are the basis for most /reports it seems.
                  COD is a PRIME example of such reports XD it's quite hilarious sometimes
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

had a TR dude........Xanudo I think send me a tell yesterday after I sniped him, it said "reported for aimbotting". I ignored it of course, then 30 minutes later at another base I sniped a guy while he running and got a message from the same guy that said "reported again for aimbotting". So I looked up his profile on PS2 website.......he is a BR17. Some people just don't like to get shot for some reason.

Comment

Hahaha nice. The last time I noticed a super-scythe, the pilot was taunting people with it, which is why I'm not as inclined to believe it is a glitch without reservation.
                      MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rageq3a View Post
                        had a TR dude........Xanudo I think send me a tell yesterday after I sniped him, it said "reported for aimbotting". I ignored it of course, then 30 minutes later at another base I sniped a guy while he running and got a message from the same guy that said "reported again for aimbotting". So I looked up his profile on PS2 website.......he is a BR17. Some people just don't like to get shot for some reason.
                        I had a guy accuse me of aimbotting after I shot him in the face with a pistol from 2 feet away.
                        87% Combat Engineer

Comment

No need to give them the benefit of the doubt if they are VS. Everyone knows all VS are hackers. Dirty space elves!
                          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

All VS are hackers; penandpaperman plays VS; therefore, penandpaperman is a hacker.

Syllogism at its finest

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                            ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse