Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infil/Sniper update on the PSTS

Check it out: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...es-2-6.171852/

They have for lack of a better word a 'deployable' recon device that you stick in the ground that pings for a longer time and give a greater distance than the darts............the problem is that it's able to be destroyed (like a squad beacon) if found, whereas the darts are not. The stalker cloak is cool as you never de-cloak and it recharges when your not moving..............the primary weapon is completely disabled at all times when wearing the stalker cloak so it's secondary gun or knife to kill. They were getting ready to do some server maintenance so I had to log off without really getting to deep in the the new updates. I'll go back and check out more of it and give ya'll a heads up..............oh and they have some really neat changes to other bases as well..........but it's still kinda rough since there are spawn rooms floating in the air......capture points in spawn tubes and stuff like that.
    Last edited by Rageq3a; 02-10-2014, 05:29 PM.

Re: Infil/Sniper update on the PSTS

There are a couple of new sniper rifles, but for me to most exciting one is the NC10 Bolt Precision Pro with a MV at an outstanding 850m/sec. With the EM4 that had a MV of 650m/sec I could OSK at render all day.............now you can forget about bullet drop at render, in VR targets at render were OSK'd without a thought, the biggest problem now is draw down on a pin-head and holding her steady. The crossbow is very nerfed down from what I would expect. Aiming it is very similar to aiming the UBGL.......you kinda have to lob it at anything of any greater distance than a few meters.

Comment

Is the Crossbow powerful in CQC? What is the nature of the Stalker cloak? Is it better than the primary cloak in terms of having less of a signature when moving? What could possibly be the benefit of the Stalker?

The motion spotter seems beneficial for defensive squads. Does it have a life span or must it be destroyed? Is it very audible or noticeable?

Did you notice that 'Flashlights' are now hard counters to cloaked infiltrators? This seems sketchy.

Comment

Originally posted by SOE Luke
        Stalker Cloak is now available but has some known issues with locking out your primary weapon.
        It is implied, but I think locking the primary weapon is not their will. (I may be wrong!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
          What could possibly be the benefit of the Stalker?
          This is VERY beneficial, since now you can place infils in a room, all cloaked and once an enemy enters the room, they uncloak and ambush them. The Small Con is enough to make this balanced(for now) since the main weapon cannot be immediately bought out once un cloaking.
          Questions about those who deserve it!
          "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

The current bug is that the Stalker Camo keeps your primary removed after you un-equip it. Its is intentional that you can never use a rifle so long as it is your ability as an Infiltrator.

I see no value in the Stalker Camo as of right now. I am decidedly unoriginal and wholly noobish at things like subtlety or stealth (though I love me some TF2 Spy action) but it seems that the Stalker is ONLY good for small scale operations or for basic infiltration where one can hack a terminal and change to a 'better' loadout.

In a game where knife kills aren't one hit, where explosions happen everywhere, where anyone with a flashlight removes your invisibility, and where there is little value in subterfuge . . . I just do not see a value in the Stalker. By comparison I bet the Nanoweave Cloak is better for things like CQC infiltration at low populations.

Comment

Someone that does not show on Sensor Darts/that I cannot "Q"-spot is someone dangerous to my whole fireteam/squad, unless I can shoot him dead swiftly, for the reason discussed in the video that Randy underlined a few weeks ago (the one about ping management.)

Twelve "someone" like that is something I just do not want to think about. :P

I think Stalker Cloak will open the door to large scale fights infiltration, for example, in Amp Station fights.

Comment

I believe I saw on reddit a day or two ago how it was supposed to delay the time which you can use a Primary, but it is reddit and usually false. But this Cloak allows you to stay in an enemy room not scared of uncloaking until the time is right so you can hop onto a squad and takem by surprise.

Comment

The patch notes say and I quote "Stalker Cloak is now available but has some known issues with locking out your primary weapon." further patch notes say "Stalker Cloak can continue prevent equipping a primary after the ability is unequipped". But I would think that an infil with stalker cloak and a PDW would be op. For all tense and purposes the crossbow is useless unless they have no signature on the mini-map when fired. Equiping a flashlight would mean un-equiping a laser sight which I don't think many people will opt for since how often will you be looking for a cloaked infil as opposed to wanting to shooting straighter from hip fire. As far as a sniper (primary weapon) working with stalker cloak, would be op as you would never find him.

I read somewhere but I can't find it now, that the stalker was 'suppose' to have even less of a shimmer........but whether that made it to the final offering or not is not confirmed. An infil with stalker could essentially clear a room with a knife if and that's a big IF the people in the room were not a squad on comms by going to the person further in the room and working forward but then again even proxy would have to be down as well.

Additionally I want to add that recently I have seen a squad of just infils that made the initial push on a base, they hacked all the terms and weapons on a base and set up recon darts just prior to the infantry arriving. They used the up-lifts to position themselves above the upper doors basically locking down the upper deck. The base fell quickly.

Comment

As a sidenote, they've finished some more bases on Amerish now as well. It's looking better than ever.
                    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I agree it is looking a lot better, but there is still a lot of work that needs to be done as some of the jump pads put you in places you can not get out of without redeploy. Some jump pads don't work at all and some local teleporters don't work either. In some places there are building floating in the air and some of the bases have grids missing on the floor and if you fall in......redeploy. But for all tense and purposes it is a new continent and the only thing it has in common with the present Amerish, is the color and some base names there are very few if any bases that haven't had at least a small cosmetic change.

Comment

I hope that the new Amerish makes some nice A2A dogfights. I recently pushed my computer to high settings and lowered some nonessentials to make the game look amazing. I can finally see by bullets fly through the air so I am getting better on hitting targets with a Dalton. I just want to see the new Amerish with these graphics, since it will most likely look amazing.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X