All characters gone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All characters gone?

Is this happening to anyone else? Logging in this morning, all of my characters are gone. I seem to be starting from scratch. My son's characters are also gone. Haven't seen this during any updates. Is this a normal thing?

Z
    Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Re: All characters gone?

This has happened before. It happens when the servers are under maintenance and your client cannot connect to the server for your character information; no character info is stored on your side.

Today in the client it did say the servers would be down for approx 3 hours this morning. My suggestion would be to not make a new character and just wait for the game to come back up.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Your character stats are still up on the website, you should be fine: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428161003961531713

― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Phew! Thanks, I did have a windows update this morning as well, I thought it had broken the game. I'll wait a few hours.
        Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

Yeah it is a long wait, three hours to fix 2 things
          They need some more efficiency
          Questions about those who deserve it!
          "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

If they are down long enough we may be in for 2x XP this weekend :D.

― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

I hope, I have 6 1hr 50% XP boosts
              Questions about those who deserve it!
              "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Once I also logged into the loader with the wrong Station Account login, on accident. I had reinstalled or something and forgotten my original login details. I was freaking out for a bit, thinking my BR 80 something main was gone. But contacting SOE Support got me all straightened out.

If you haven't changed your login details, then it's probably update related as mentioned above. In my case, actually I think I tried a different login when the servers were offline, yeah that was it, not a reinstall. Then of course, when servers came back up, my characters weren't there, hence my freaking out, when everyone else was already reporting they were getting back in game just fine.
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X