Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Call for Actors for TGU Training Video Next Weekend

Dear Tactical Gamer Planetside 2 Community,

Tactical Gamer University (TGU) is developing a series of short videos to act as a “basic infantry” course for PS2. The videos will explain the basics of PS2 infantry combat, and hopefully increase the base level of teamwork in infantry squads. However, in order to make these videos I need help. I need actors / players who are willing to engage in demonstration videos.

For the filming, please wear DEFAULT camouflage.
    My hope is to film next weekend 2/22/14 – 2/23-14. If you are interested and willing please respond with the following:

1.) Which Day can you Be an Actor? (Friday 2/21/14, Saturday 2/22/14 or Sunday 2/23/14)
    2.) Can you film as you act? YES/NO (Need record of video, probably not sound, as we will be creating a monolog overlaying the sound.)

TGU is just about through drafting the text and plans for the videos. Some shots we are hoping to capture like "squad fires several AT rockets at once, ambushing/killing enemy armor," "squad moves from cover to cover," "squad sets up defense of a room," and other demos. However, these require several people. Ideally even one or two acting "opfor" who can put inaccurate fire down on us to make it look less like a drill and more like a battle. I am envisioning 9 actors. (6 at least for the "demonstration" squad, 2 for OPFOR, plus probably 1 dedicated camera guy).

If you have additional questions, comments, or ideas, please send me a PM.

Thank you for your help!

|TG| Garthra
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Re: Call for Actors for TGU Training Video Next Weekend

Count me in, although my agent may request more than his usual 10% fee :D

1.) Which Day can you Be an Actor? - Saturday the 22nd starting around 1 P.M. EST, possibly Sunday the 23rd around 1 P.M. or 2 P.M. EST
    2.) Can you film as you act? - No

Comment

I cannot offer a time or date, but if you need an extra and I am on, feel free to ask me in game and Team speak

vts in uk (vtsINuk)

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

1.) Which Day can you Be an Actor? - Saturday the 22nd any time.
        2.) Can you film as you act? - Yes. (my machine can handle it easy, im just wondering what the best tool is for doing it. I have FRAPS, etc.)

Comment

NOTE: I will be filming in OpenBroadcasterSoftware 64bit.
          The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

1.) Which Day can you Be an Actor? Whenever you need.
            2.) Can you film as you act? No.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

1.) Which Day can you Be an Actor? Whenever you need.
              2.) Can you film as you act? Yes, I can record on Ultra settings and capture in game comms with no hiccups. I can also edit. For those with an invidia graphics card I recommend using shadowplay. keeps the file size small compared to fraps while still recording at full HD.

Comment

"1.) Which Day can you Be an Actor? - Saturday the 22nd any time.
                2.) Can you film as you act? - Yes. (my machine can handle it easy, im just wondering what the best tool is for doing it. I have FRAPS, etc.)"

I can also help out Friday as well. Garthra, are you going to be posting here with some sort of schedule or time to meet in-game or are you leaving it fairly open for now?

Comment

1.) Which Day can you Be an Actor? Friday night, anytime Saturday or Sunday
                  2.) Can you film as you act? YES/NO Probably on Ultra as long as we can keep it under 100GB.
                  87% Combat Engineer

Comment

I have some experience with acting, I'd be glad to help out (although this is, just planetside)

1.)When can you act?: I'm fairly busy as of late, (ironically, due to actors) So I can't give you a definite time. It would most likely be, later in the evening (8-9PM EST) until Sunday the 23rd.
                    2.)Can you film as you act?: Nope...

Comment

Nice feedback so far guys! I am hoping to get this shot out smoothly, so let's hope all goes well.
                      Questions about those who deserve it!
                      "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

1. Any time Sunday

2. No

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                        ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

1.Most of the weekend, I could be available, if I know what time we are shooting.

2.Yes (I have a second 1TB HDD), but using in game capture (i.e., no sound). I could DL and install some other software ahead of time if someone tells me what to get (I know very little about that kind of stuff).
                          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I am tentatively scheduling the filming for SUNDAY 2/23/14 at 1-4pm EST (10-1PST). The time estimate is rough, as I am not precisely sure how long the shots will take.

We will very likely need some OPFOR, so those of you with VS or TR characters you can use, tell me what you have when we assemble in game.

If you can make it great. If you cannot, I am sorry. I tried to pick a time that worked with most people and my own commitments.

Thank you everyone for your support and interest in this project and TGU generally.

Comment

Crap.. I wanted to help out with this project but, I'll be parked in front of the TV for the Daytona 500. :(

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X