Amerish Revamp and More

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amerish Revamp and More

SO today, the long anticipated Amerish Revamp is coming out (Maybe, the server have been down for 6 hours, originally supposed to be just 2 hours) and some other minor things. As always, you can find the Patch Notes here. The things in this update which I find cool are:

Implemented the Lattice system

Performance pass

Added the multi-cap point Amp Station at Sungrey

Improved roads throughout the map for easier travel

Updated resource rewards to maintain resource clusters on the updated Amerish continent

Increased major facility resource rewards on Amerish from 30 to 50

Client crash fix

Server optimization

All Infiltrator cloaks now become less visible at a faster rate after sprinting. This is especially noticeable when transitioning from sprinting to crouching.

Hunter QCX normal bolt damage adjustments
    Minimum damage range increased from 30 to 35 meters
    Maximum damage range increased from 50 to 60 meters
    This makes the bolt a consistent 2 shot kill against full nanoweave targets for up to 40 meters
    Hunter QCX explosive bolt damage adjustments
    Min damage range increased from 20 to 30 meters
    Max damage range increased from 40 to 50 meters
    This makes the bolt a consistent 8 shots to kill against stock MAX units for up to 40 meters

Purging old characters
    So the things which are the most interesting to me, are the fact that they state the roads have been improved, the have updated resource rewards, their apparent Crash Fix, Server Optimization and the Infil Cloaking Visibility when sprinting. I have NO idea by what they mean with the new Resources rewards, so I hope to seeing those in game. All in all, those are the things I am most excited for.

So what are everyone's thoughts on the update? and what should/should not have changed in this?
    Questions about those who deserve it!
    "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Re: Amerish Revamp and More

From what I've seen flying over Amerish on the test server over the last month, this is going to be a REALLY cool update. Those bases look like a lot of fun, and very different from what we're used to!

Comment

I am also interested about the roads bit. Does this mean armor is useful there now?!

Comment

Originally posted by TYHBoom View Post
        I am also interested about the roads bit. Does this mean armor is useful there now?!
        Sure, until you reach the new bases. ;)
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by TYHBoom View Post
          Armor is useful everywhere!! =p

Comment

You can Drive up to the Ascent now on a road! That's a plus my my book... kinda.

Comment

So... Many... Megabytes! (Or Mebibytes for the daft EU crowd) :) (Downloading now, can't wait to jump in, assuming the server is up)
              MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BolivianRAMPAGE View Post
                You can Drive up to the Ascent now on a road! That's a plus my my book... kinda.
                Are you kidding me?! That's awful. Can't even have one freaking base in the whole entire game solely accessible by air.

/walks away muttering curses and something about infantry plebes and SOE continuing to take a game that once had great potential and dumb it down to the lowest common denominator...
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hmm. What we need to get you, Randy, is a rocking chair, a shotgun, and a lawn. ;)

I think road access to the Ascent could be interesting. From the looks of it, it's still Amerish terrain and I think it's only the one road (at least, unless the Ascent is surrounded by hostile territory). Amerish roads are perfect ambush territory. That extra access just means a new path of least resistance which we can turn into a glorious killzone if we're prepared.

Comment

You cant get into the Ascent that way, you can get Sundies at the base and a LONG lift brings you up

Comment

Originally posted by BolivianRAMPAGE View Post
                      You cant get into the Ascent that way, you can get Sundies at the base and a LONG lift brings you up
                      Ooooohhh, so you are saying they extended the Ho Chi Min trail all the way down so foot soldiers only can make their way up? No vehicles?

If so, that's not so bad. Could be interesting, even.
                      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Very interesting, the Lift is like 50 meters tall.

Comment

Yeah, Ascent seems to have two main ground access points: Via the infantry elevator at Rockslide Outlook, and the road from the new Lithcorp(?) base on the mountain, which itself has a road access. The ground access options to the Ascent are VERY limited, especially if you're proactive with regards to locking down the access routes in the midfield.

I'm actually really digging the Amerish revamp for exactly that reason, actually... the combination of the very sparse lattice links and the natural terrain makes for some very interesting running battles, ambushes, and strategic troop placements. It's very dynamic in a way that I wasn't expecting, given the limited strategic paths, and you don't end up fighting directly inside the bases as much as you'd think. It preserves--even enhances--my favourite aspect of Amerish: the ability to take the high ground, seize the chokepoints, and use the terrain in interesting ways.

I also noticed that the lattice lanes are laid out in such a way that they're mutually supportive, and even critical to own in order to push bases on OTHER lanes. Because of the nature of the terrain, you often want to take one of the bases from multiple fronts, but the structure of the lanes specifically funnels you into a few direct approaches. However, if you push other lanes you'll find access points that allow you to attack from other directions. NCSC was pushing two to three lanes in an effort to take West Foothills Watchtower (?) just north of Wokuk.

It's going to take a lot of getting used to, but I REALLY like it so far.

Comment

I have to agree that the battles (when not 2:1 + odds), have been extrmely interesting and varied. I like the terrain, if anything it's more severe than it was before, with a lot of little hiding spots/ambush bits, as Star mentioned.
                            MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

It's also worth noting that a lot of the lattice links are long, and bring you across some really interesting terrain. The route from Cobalt Communications and West Foothills Watchtower, in particular, is a long valley with lots of rolling hills that could can easily support an entrenched battle at any point. Much like the new building between Quartz Ridge and Indar Excavation, there are worthwhile, emergent midfield obejctives and strong points that need to be fought through, instead of just moving base to base, point to point. SOE's getting a much better grasp of how to design these maps.

It's really strange looking at the new Amerish now. Moreso than the Esamir revamp that added the crystals and the big fortifications, this Amerish feels DIFFERENT from the original. The bases have life and personality, the open fields seem more diverse and less predictable, and familiar landmarks are gone. The new lattice also drives combat to the edges of the map that we rarely saw before, which amplifies the effect. From playing on the test server I get the sense that the different corners of the map feel very different, as well. Almost everything is different with the exception of a few iconic bases like the Bastion or Splitpeak pass.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X