Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New blood, how do I tag along with a TG Squad to see if I enjoy Auraxis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New blood, how do I tag along with a TG Squad to see if I enjoy Auraxis?

I've played a little bit of PS2 as TR on Mattherson (no more than 10 hours maybe) but found the game too zergy. Id like to give it a try alongside TG to see if that changes my mind on the game. What are the usual times for TG squads?
    And how do I get in touch if I havent applied for the Outfit yet? (I do have TS3 set up though since I play BF4)
    Somewhat noob on the organizational and squad matters, all I've done so far in the game is follow the Zerg around and provide Close air support (explosive cannon ESF) or Artillery support (stock Lightning)

Thanks

Re: New blood, how do I tag along with a TG Squad to see if I enjoy Auraxis?

Well first thing you do is delete your TR character just kidding, unless you want to use the same name. We do play as NC so you will have to make a NC character. Once you do that you can post on here your name and one do the officers will send you a outfit invite. Most of the time we prefer to avoid the Zerg scene since we tend to favor a more tactical approach. Also if you want you can send a friends request. Ghostshooter101

Comment

First of all have a look at each section within:
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/planets...uncements-sops

You do not have to be in the outfit to be a squad member but we do ask that you are able to hear vioce comm's and follow the orders given by your Squad leader.

If you like running with TG and want to be part of the outfit start here:
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/planets...tart-here.html

If you wish to lead one of the squads you will need to be an TG outfit member and helps alot to have a working mic.

If you need help, training or advice TG has TGU (Tactical Gamer University) but above all else do not be afraid to ask...
      Last edited by vts; 02-21-2014, 02:26 PM.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I am used to the TG way since Ive played a few games already with the community and love it. I have read over the application thread and am looking forward to apply if PS2 ends up appealing to me. I dont, however, want to apply and join the Outfit adding extra work on the NCOs and the rest of the staff only to quit PS2 because I didnt quite enjoy the game itself. I want a trial run beforehand so to speak.
        Mic and TeamSpeak are all set up and working.

What are the usual TZ the core of the Outfit is active at?

Regarding joining a TG squad once in game, I guess I could jump in the PS2 channel on TeamSpeak and ask around.

Ill go ahead and read the SOPs in case they are different to what they are on the rest of the community (ie BF4) when I have some spare time at work. I might join you guys later today/tonight.

Comment

My last post edited.. :)

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Hey Red Storm, post your in game name in this thread and I'll send you a friend request. There are usually organized ops Friday nights starting around 7 -9pm eastern. I would expect tonight to be pretty good games seeing as the new Amerish just dropped. Squad up tonight.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

I run small, relatively organized squads quite often. You can send an invite to "Zepkron" on NC and I can send you an invite to any "outfit only" squads that are open.

Comment

Ok, Ill have to create a new NC Soldier to join you guys in some fighting. Ill post my name here once thats done. Ill also see if I can catch anyone on TS when Im back home from work.

Thanks for the fast response =)

Comment

Welcome, Red Storm!

Originally posted by Red Storm View Post
                  I am used to the TG way since Ive played a few games already with the community and love it. I have read over the application thread and am looking forward to apply if PS2 ends up appealing to me. I dont, however, want to apply and join the Outfit adding extra work on the NCOs and the rest of the staff only to quit PS2 because I didnt quite enjoy the game itself. I want a trial run beforehand so to speak.
                  Mic and TeamSpeak are all set up and working.
                  Well, good looking out, appreciate that. :) And your sentiments are pretty much correct, playing in a good group of TG make the game so much better. It does make all the difference really.

What are the usual TZ the core of the Outfit is active at?
                  A lot of our players are located in the Eastern U.S. However our Euro, British, and unemployed members start up some squads in the afternoons EST, and this builds up into prime time. The bulk of the people however are probably on "late prime time" i.e., 7 to maybe 10 PM EST. After that, the "late night crew" keeps on going until... 1-3? AM, especially on weekends. On a particularly good night, we might even be up until sunrise the following morning, although that's pretty rare lately.

TG squads are usually open in the list, our policy is to run public squads most of the time. But they do tend to fill up quickly, and sometimes there is a shortage of good squad leads willing/able to open a new squad, resulting in no open squads in the list. You could get around this, as well as seeing who is on, by joining the in game Outfit.

Your earlier sentiments are appreciated, however this latter option may actually work best for you wrt finding a TG squad. It's not actually that much paperwork for us.

Ill go ahead and read the SOPs in case they are different to what they are on the rest of the community (ie BF4) when I have some spare time at work. I might join you guys later today/tonight.
                  They are pretty similar, they all come from sort of the same "base stock" but have been tailored with some PS2 specifics.
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It turns out I had already created an NC soldier in Mattherson in order to get together with TG. The name is RedStormLois. Same name I use on Battlefield 4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X