Problems with the new amerish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with the new amerish

I'm going to take the stand and say this should go in general discussion rather than Technical Problems, the admins can move it if they wish but I feel its best suited in general discussion. Right so I think it was the first day the update to Amerish came out we found an underground spawn. I think I was in a TG squad with Ryker as lead and we just lost our spawn beacon, we were supposed to respawn at the main spawn point at Ikanam Garrison. As we hit deploy we got spawned in below the Ascent. The video below shows what happened (sorry for the low resolution, the Planetside 2 recording thing sucks even on high - didn't have Dxtory or Fraps open, this was the quickest way). If you guys find any other glitches or other problems make sure to post them on this thread.

sigpic

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda

Re: Problems with the new amerish

Hah. Been a LONG time since I've seen that particular bug!

Comment

Yup, I've had that one happen a few times.
      MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

this is something I've ran into,

oops only ment to show the first 30 seconds but oh well =p

Comment

yeah with 3d models if you don't get the seams properly connected (by welding the vertices) you'll get those instances where you can run through a model because the rendering program 'thinks' it's an opening. But you have to hit it just perfectly in order to pass through it. It actually happens a lot more times than you'd think.........plus there is the render problem like shields, if they don't render then your client program doesn't think it exist (like when engy turrets are shooting armor but you can't shoot them back because they don't render even though you render for them) and you can shoot through the shields even though the enemy can't shoot you back..........known as a 'glitch' and SOE will ban you for it if you do it a lot and are reported.

Comment

Make sure you're using the in-game bug report functions for these. If I recall correctly your exact location is tagged when you send the report so the devs can find and fix these things better.

I reported several rocks on PTS Amerish that you could get inside of and fire out of while being effectively invisible, and they were all fixed before release.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Lol I didn't stop this video before launching games and putting on my headphones. I was very confused...
              MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X