Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PTS Patch Notes: Liberator Update and Other Goodies!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTS Patch Notes: Liberator Update and Other Goodies!

Test server got itself a little update and Higby posted the patch notes on the SOE Forums here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...s-3-10.177174/

Hey all -
    Public Test has been updated, you will find the following changes there:
    Revised death screen:
    The death screen has been redone to provide more information. The following can now be seen:
    A minimap displaying the killerís and assistorís relative position to yours
    The killerís and assistorís weapon attachments
    The killerís and assistorís last completed medal and ribbon count for the weapon they used to kill you
    The killerís ability and suit item
    Your current progress towards your next medal and ribbon for your primary and secondary weapon
    Up to 3 upcoming medals
    Various session stats
    A graph and XP event feed that summarizes your last life
    The death screen can now stay up indefinitely. You can press any key to continue to the deployment screen after a couple seconds, however.

Liberator Update
    New Liberator Nose Gun: L24R Spur:
    The L24R Spur is equipped with specialized optics that allows the pilot to adjust the weapons aim rather than be fixed forward.
    New tail gun: Hyena Missile Launcher:
    Hyena Missiles are compact, short range missiles that are dumb-fired, but will lock-on to enemy aircraft if they get close enough and inflict light damage.
    New Belly Gun: D-75 Duster
    The D-75 Duster is equipped with dual 75mm cannons that fire HE shells. While able to quickly unload its magazine of ten shells, each shot decreases targeting accuracy unless given time to recover. This allows the D-75 to feather accurate shots, or unload the magazine and bombard a wider area.
    Tail Gun Improvements
    The liberator tail gun has been adjusted to give it increased firing angles. It can now rotate 180 degrees but is forced to aim down when facing towards the front of the Liberator. This gives it some additional coverage to the bottom and sides of the Liberator.
    Liberator Composite Armor:
    Composite armor is receiving a buff for flak and now increases resistance to HEAT rounds, AP rounds and light anti-vehicle rounds (Zepher & Bulldog).
    Flak resistance changed from (4/6/8/10) to (8/10/12/14) each rank
    HEAT and AP round resistance added (15/20/25/30) each rank
    Dalton Blast Damage resistance added (35/40/45/50) each rank
    Light Tank Rounds resistance added (10/15/20/25) each rank
    C150 Dalton
    Inner radius blast damage decreased from 1000 damage to 700 damage.
    In cases where this causes an increase in direct hits required to kill a target, the resistance to this damage was adjusted. Except for Liberators, Liberators will now be set on fire after two direct Dalton hits instead of destroyed.
    L105 Zepher
    Reload speed decreased from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
    Vektor
    The fall off damage on the Vektor is being adjusted so it is not as steep. In addition, we are trading some projectile speed for increased RPM and magazine size. We think this will allow the Vektor to be useful in more situations.
    Minimum damage increased from 150 damage to 250
    RPM increased from 400 rounds per minute to 425
    Magazine size increased from 50 to 75 rounds
    Projectile speed decreased from 750 mps to 700 mps
    Reload Speed Certification is now -0.2 seconds per rank up from -0.12 seconds
    A30/G30 Walker
    We are adjusting this weapon so that at closer range the damage is increased and the fall off damage is not as severe. Between 125 meters and 400 meters the weapon will be near identical to the previous version.
    Maximum damage increased from 115 to 130
    Max damage range decreased from 175 meters to 50 meters
    Minimum damage increased from 75 to 85
    Minimum fall off range decreased from 500 meters to 400 meters
    G40-F Ranger
    Weapon is underperforming, receiving the following adjustments
    Magazine size increased from 32 rounds to 70 rounds
    Flak damage increased from to 38 damage to 45 damage
    Liberator Belly Gun Adjustments:
    The ďdead zoneĒ when pointing the weapon straight down has been reduced by 5 degrees.
    Misc Balance Adjustments
    Increased cruising speed on Liberator Racer performance airframe: Previously it was ~7 KPH per rank for a total of 20 KPH at max rank. It has been increased to ~11 KPH per rank for a total of ~35 KPH at max rank.
    The lock-on time increase for Liberator and Galaxy stealth certifications has increased from 0.25 seconds per rank to 0.375 seconds.
    Initial fuel cost (the additional fuel cost consumed when activating the afterburner) reduced to 25% of the tanks capacity down from 33%
    Reduced the amount of fuel consumed per second.
    Previously a full burn was around 1.5 seconds
    Now a full burn is around 3 seconds

Straight-Pull Bolt
    All bolt-action sniper rifles have a Straight-Pull Bolt attachment option in the Rail slot now
    The Straight-Pull Bolt attachment allows the sniper to chamber new rounds without breaking aim down sights
    Straight-Pull Bolt attachments cost 100 CP each

Shared Vehicle XP
    Experience for kills are now shared amongst the entire crew of a vehicle, this includes all passengers, but they receive a smaller amount.
    Experience for assists are now shared amongst the entire crew of a vehicle, excluding passengers. This amount is usually less than the amount awarded for the actual assist.

Optics
    Station Cash prices have been added to Infantry Weapon optics.

Balance
    The ďLight anti-tank resistanceĒ has been adjusted on several vehicles. ďLight anti-tankĒ includes L105 Zepher, M40 Fury, M60 Bulldog and Underbarrel Grenade Launchers.
    Liberator resistance to light anti-tank increased from 0% to 35%
    Galaxy resistance to light anti-tank increased from 25% to 50%
    Lightning resistance to light anti-tank decreased from 40% to 30%
    This change reduces some extreme damage these weapons were able to do against Liberators and Galaxies. While on the other side the Lightning was to resilient against this type of damage, able to withstand as much punishment as an MBT could.
    Liberators are receiving a few base line resistance increases against heavy hitting damage types.
    Liberator base resistance to Armor Piercing Rounds increased from -20% to 10%
    Liberator base resistance to HEAT rounds damage increased from -33% to 10%.
    Liberator resistance to non lock-on rocket launchers (decimator & default launchers) increased from -87.5% to -70%
    This change causes two Dalton rounds to now put a Liberator in burning state rather than outright destroy it. Armor piercing tank shells will do less damage per hit, but will still kill in the same amount of hits (except for the lightning AP, which will take one more hit). HEAT rounds require one more shot than their AP counterparts (except for lightning HEAT, which will critical instead). And finally, decimators will no longer two shot Liberators, instead two shots will place it in critical damage.
    Maintained lock weapons (A2A missiles and Striker) can now maintain an already established lock 300 meters beyond the maximum acquire range (400 meters) against aircraft.
    Reduced head collision size to lower the amount of unearned headshots
    The motion sensor now can be resupplied from engi ammo packs and auto-swaps to a weapon after deployment.

Misc
    Coyote Missiles have been updated with new reticule
    Medics should no longer call out to allies when they throw a heal or revive grenade.
    Players should no longer call out when repairing their own vehicle from the rumble seat
    MANA Anti-Vehicle Turret now has a more appropriate icon in the stats page
    Camo can now be applied to heal and repair tools.

Who knows how to make a spoiler box on these forums? I tried but couldn't get it...

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Re: PTS Patch Notes: Liberator Update and Other Goodies!

Things I'm excited for:

Shared Vehicle XP
    Experience for kills are now shared amongst the entire crew of a vehicle, this includes all passengers, but they receive a smaller amount.
    Experience for assists are now shared amongst the entire crew of a vehicle, excluding passengers. This amount is usually less than the amount awarded for the actual assist.

Initial fuel cost (the additional fuel cost consumed when activating the afterburner) reduced to 25% of the tanks capacity down from 33%
    Reduced the amount of fuel consumed per second.
    Previously a full burn was around 1.5 seconds
    Now a full burn is around 3 seconds

Liberator Belly Gun Adjustments:
    The “dead zone” when pointing the weapon straight down has been reduced by 5 degrees.

Things I'm un-excited for:

The death screen has been redone to provide more information. The following can now be seen:
    A minimap displaying the killer’s and assistor’s relative position to yours

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

Yeah, hopefully the community outrage (which there will be) will can that silly kill-cam-esque idea. They've been pretty good at listening to feedback in the past.

Reduced head hitbox size. More difficult headshots, very interesting... and a slight overall increase in TTK. Might be more practical now to aim center of mass rather than "general direction of head for the multiplier". Wonder how much this will effect snipers. Straight-pull bold seems like a no-brainer for snipers, as the current rail attachments seem like they'd be useless for most rifles?

Good stuff for the Lib. Looking forward to flying again.

Better shared vehicle XP. Soooo nice. If only that were around in the Harasser heyday. 65 Score per minute? You KNOW my harasser driving was worth more than that... :D

Balance-wise that's going to disproportionately reward 2/2 tank gunner/drivers where it's primarily designed to aid unarmed harasser/liberator/sunderer drivers and liberator tail gunners. *shrug*

And bringing back the free-look Liberator nose gun? YES. PLEASE. Might have to hook up the old TrackIR...

But most importantly:

Camo can now be applied to heal and repair tools.

Thank goodness. I'm tired of that darn repair tool ruining my ensemble.

Now if we could just get camo applied to tank mines....
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

I dunno, I'm not sure disguising mines as zebras will be particularly effective.

Comment

Are you kidding? I'd kill so many harassers out on safari.
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Glad to see the game is still getting the attention it deserves.

Was noodling around yesterday in my Sunderer on Indar. Fond memories.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm more than a bit wary of how accurate the death-screen locator will be, I enjoy picking off stragglers and rearguards on flanks. I'll wait to nerdrage until I see it in person, though. Rest of the notes look keen!

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                Glad to see the game is still getting the attention it deserves.

Was noodling around yesterday in my Sunderer on Indar. Fond memories.
                Come back! we thneed you E-male

On topic:

I am a "decent" (I define that in terms of being competitive against air outfit "N") dalton gunner and am sad to see this nerf against air, specifically against liberators.

I am very interested in this new tailgun, it looks like the coyotes for the reaver, but most skilled ESF pilots know to engage an enemy Liberator from far ranges so I don't see this tailgun being too competitive.

Medic revive tool + camo = :D; now we just need yellow on med. kits and C4.

ďBig Brother is Watching You.Ē
                ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

I'm happy to see the Liberator get a much needed survivability bonus, since they seem to melt pretty badly. The afterburner buff in particular will be nice for getting the heck out of dodge.

With regards to the death indication of direction, Higby posted on Reddit that they're changing it to only show up with the full indicator if the target has been spotted. If the shooter has NOT been spotted, you'll get a soft, multiple degree wide indicator that shows the rough direction of the killer (with angle jitter, to prevent it from ever being 100% accurate), which I suspect will be much less disruptive.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                    I'm happy to see the Liberator get a much needed survivability bonus, since they seem to melt pretty badly. The afterburner buff in particular will be nice for getting the heck out of dodge.
                    I do not fly Liberators, so I may be completely off on this. But the survivability boost seems a bit much especially to types of heavy ground fire.

HEAT and AP round resistance added (15/20/25/30) each rank

I still firmly believe if you are flying and you get a direct hit by a tank shell you deserve serious damage.

Otherwise like most people I am always excited to see the updates.

Comment

Serious damage, sure, but hitting a liberator with tank shells isn't all that challenging if they're flying low. In the past I've almost achieved better AA performance with a lightning AP instead of a skyguard!

At any rate, I don't think the resist changes are going to change that dynamic too dramatically. I think what will end up happening is that the same amount of burst damage is more likely to push the Liberator into critical condition than killing outright, which is still a "you're dead" condition in most fights, but with more warning for the liberator crew that they're going down instead of just dying instantly to a round they never saw coming. In other words, it'll give them some time to process what happened.

Another thought with regard to the line of fire indicator on the death cam... snipers should be moving and shooting. It's great if you've got a good position, but if you're static you've got it coming, and "fire and reposition" is usually a superior approach given an enemy that's paying any amount of attention.

Comment

it takes 2 vanguard AP rounds to take down a lib. trust me I know =p

So I don't know if thats going to change..

Comment

Checked this out on PTS today... I'm going to warn everyone, the only thing that looks like it will be released soon is the straight pull bolt. Everything else is buggier than florida in the summer.

Comment

This patch is now live! I made it through mostly unchanged. Patch notes here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...h-6-am.177481/

A cursory glance reveals:

Composite Armor was slightly un-buffed against Flak

the new player quiz is now able to be completed on all characters instead of just the first per account

Zepkron is exactly backwards in that the only thing totally omitted was, in fact, the straight-pull bolt

So the big question remains: Who wants to go fly a Lib with me?

Edit: Punctuation

Edit Edit: Also this:
                            Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
                            Come back! we thneed you E-male

Comment

Originally posted by Daelon Suzuka View Post
                              Revised death screen:
                              A minimap displaying the killerís and assistorís relative position to yours
                              The killerís and assistorís weapon attachments
                              The killerís and assistorís last completed medal and ribbon count for the weapon they used to kill you
                              The killerís ability and suit item
                              Your current progress towards your next medal and ribbon for your primary and secondary weapon
                              Up to 3 upcoming medals
                              Various session stats
                              A graph and XP event feed that summarizes your last life
                              The death screen can now stay up indefinitely. You can press any key to continue to the deployment screen after a couple seconds, however.
                              Got to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen SOE do so far..........so yeah you get shot and get to see all their awesomeness until you hit a key.........which for me locked it 5 times this morning and I had to go into start task manager and kill the PS2 program to get back in the game.

Shared XP for at least the driver/pilot would have been satisfactory, not sure why the passengers get to share in the xp though since they didn't contribute anything to a kill.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X