Roadmap Update: Companies and Fireteams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadmap Update: Companies and Fireteams

From SOE forums, link here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ements.177960/

Rejoice, TG! Xp bonuses for leading! Companies! Fireteams! UI improvements for all! Voice channels!

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Re: Roadmap Update: Companies and Fireteams

Squad Organization Expansion
    Addition of companies (a collection of 4 platoons) and fire teams (4 players per team, 3 teams per squad). Each of these will have appropriate chat/voice channels, management UI, and identifier options.
    Now we're talking! This stuff is just what the doctor ordered. I'm going to need more buttons on my mouse for the new VOIP channels.

Thanks for the link DS.

Comment

I know it goes against what we stand for but I think xp bonuses for leading is a very welcome change. It is such a daunting task to be in charge of others enjoyment.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
        Now we're talking! This stuff is just what the doctor ordered. I'm going to need more buttons on my mouse for the new VOIP channels.

Thanks for the link DS.
        You could always try something like these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've got a set and and they're incredibly handy for things like talking in squad and platoon while doing complicated aerial manuevers.

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

ABOUT FLIPPIN' TIME.

Squad/platoon leader XP will be nice. While I don't mind sacrificing cert gain to lead, as I find the task enjoyable, it'll be nice to not sacrifice my ability to progress because I'm leading a platoon.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post

Thanks for the link DS.
            Indeed, almost every button from 1-9 on my numpad is for some VOIP transmit button whether it is mumble, TS, or in game

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
            ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

How does that foot switch work? Is it pressure sensitive or purely digital?

I also invested in a G20 mouse. It has a ridiculous number of buttons that can serve as macros as well.

Comment

Can some one comment in big green letters and ask to make it so you can assign individuals to the fire team instead of it being like 1-4 ,5-8,9-12 .

or at least give sl power to switch aroud the numbers.
                SPEAK UP! and lets combat the fog of war together.

Comment

Originally posted by Daelon Suzuka View Post
                  You could always try something like these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've got a set and and they're incredibly handy for things like talking in squad and platoon while doing complicated aerial manuevers.
                  Even if I was in need of more buttons I don't think I could buy that product, as it's named after an aircraft of that Vanu scum! ;)

Back on topic:

I'm pretty excited about this update and can't wait to try out the fireteam stuff. It's going to open up a whole new level of tactical play and allow a squad to be much more efficient.

sigpic

Comment

It's a shame it's slated for JULY. I want it noooooooowwwwwww....

Comment

Smartification
                      I believe this is the official technical and expert professional super leet term for these things.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X