Cert farmers are vile vermin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cert farmers are vile vermin

This guy; number one in the world today, gg mang with your 1,964 kills on one guy all with a mana turret: https://www.planetside2.com/players/...4993/killboard

At least I earned my 361 kills today.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Re: Cert farmers are vile vermin

The character looks like it's been deleted, too. Attempting to cover his tracks, I suppose...?

Comment

So what is that, a three man operation?

One mana turret one guy to get killed and one medic? Or is one of them on two computers..

Any ways pen, dont hate. It must have been a boring couple of hours. Besides, one would assume he would get banned by the end of the week.
      SPEAK UP! and lets combat the fog of war together.

Comment

Planetside I hardly even about kills. With easy respawns and revives, kills hardly contribute anything to the grand sceam of fight.
        This is actually reflected very well with the xp system.
        250xp = 1 cert
        1 kill = 100xp
        5 kills = 2 certs
        1 revive = 100xp
        1 vehicle kill = 500 xp = 1 cert
        (planetside2 has literally put a price on human life... it's 100xp)

So becoming "top in the world" by kills really doesn't mean much. Those people are still around and kicking.
        same goes for "xp per minute" which takes into account several boosts and bonuses. I will admit however, that guy earned close to 800 certs, not including medals (he would have gotten auraxium).

However, If you would really like to gauge 'skill' it's best to take a look at some "who killed who" data. For instance, if you only ever die to people of a certain skill level that means you are more than a match for everyone below that skill level. Also if you consistently win against people of a certain skill level, it suggest that you sit above them on your skill level.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepkron View Post
          Planetside I hardly even about kills. With easy respawns and revives, kills hardly contribute anything to the grand sceam of fight.
          This is actually reflected very well with the xp system.
          250xp = 1 cert
          1 kill = 100xp
          5 kills = 2 certs
          1 revive = 100xp
          1 vehicle kill = 500 xp = 1 cert
          (planetside2 has literally put a price on human life... it's 100xp)

So becoming "top in the world" by kills really doesn't mean much. Those people are still around and kicking.
          same goes for "xp per minute" which takes into account several boosts and bonuses.

However, If you would really like to gauge 'skill' it's best to take a look at some "who killed who" data. For instance, if you only ever die to people of a certain skill level that means you are more than a match for everyone below that skill level. Also if you consistently win against people of a certain skill level, it suggest that you sit above them on your skill level.
          With membership; the price of humanity increases by 50%! Only 120$ a year!

― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

There was some speculation on reddit that this was a bot assisted XP farm, too.

Comment

Another person doing it, nice kd of 1935: https://www.planetside2.com/players/...5632019038273/

Still has a SPM that can be easily beaten with membership...sad what people do in there spare time and/or are just bad.

― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

That is money tho, I dont have a job anymore, how will I buy that :0
                Questions about those who deserve it!
                "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Good-bye MegaMan25 and MrRealHard, you will never be missed: https://www.planetside2.com/players/...97983264619585

https://www.planetside2.com/players/...9265/killboard

My sig. applies to all those who cert farm. DON'T DO IT

― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed