Called to a higher stranded.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Called to a higher stranded.

First of all I want to say that TG is amazing. The people and the attitudes of those people are something that I can't really find anywhere else. We are good on the battlefield and follow out instructions effectively. I'm proud to be in TG and to have the chance to learn from all of you guys. I'm new and have spent hours reading thought the forums and Wow there is almost every tactical idea out there. There are amazing SOPs that I really should take to heart, which is something I'm working on. But that's just it. We are good and so close to being excellent. In fact most of TG players are Excellent for what they do. But we could be better. Now before you say "You can always get better!" I want you to understand I not asking for more time. I'm just asking that those who are interested to coordinate there times. We have many amazing tactics and I'm sure that most of you know them without even thinking. But for someone like me, who is new to the game and PC it sometimes is to much. I need to have something that I can work on and master. Maybe it is the way I move with the squad or maybe how I engage the enemy. And maybe this is only for me. I don't really know if anyone else feels this way. But we have mountains of (Tactics) and I just want to work on one step at a time and I'm not sure where to start. And even if all of us where the best players we would still need to work on team coordination. There has been times where are squad took 30 seconds too long to set up fully in a building and we got wiped. Or when we got max crashed by a huge force (About 35 max's) that we could in no why hold of we stud are ground a fell instead of laying C4 and backing out to where we could fight on our terms.

All of that to say here is some ideas that I want to talk about. Yes I said talk about because As much as I want to do these things I'm new and I'm not just going to say This is what we should do. Besides I'm probably not really addressing the it in the right way.

So my first idea is that once every week or two weeks one of the leaders takes a squad out and teaches them a particular skill. And that the day and time would be set ahead of time. That way those who really want can be there.

My second idea is that squad leaders take the time to make sure that a medic with res grenades doesn't end up a heavy when there is a heavy with concussion grenades that is a medic at the time. Now this is harder to do when people are joining and leaving But if we start doing this more regularly we will start to learn who has what.

And my third idea is to start pairing people off in squads. As a rule two are better then one and it would work for practice as the fire teams that will be coming in July. And if there is just one time that someone waited and went in in as a pair and where then not killed it would be worth it. Because who knows, it might have just saved the last medic alive and keep the squad going for that much longer. Now I know this can be hard as you don't want to pair to of the same class or in someway mess anything up by pairing but like I said this is just an Idea that I want to see what you guys think about.
    Last edited by MatthewDaManiac; 04-02-2014, 09:42 PM.
    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: Called to a higher stranded.

TG is horizontally structured. The 'leaders' all volunteers and as such anyone can do what you suggest.

There is the TGU which is exactly created for what your first suggestion. The issue is that most of the course work for TGU/class crafting happens on the forums. If people want a class about 'X' they need to speak up, give times that are good for them, and what they want to focus on.

The second idea is sadly going to rely on an organizational framework which is far too difficult to manage from regular day to day play. Eventually, people get comfortable with a role (set of roles) and over time an organized squad self controls. I know I often, even if I want to play Heavy, run medic because of how highly certed I am in that class.

Third idea is good in theory and could be practiced but it requires an enforcement aspect by the respective leaders. When the Company/Fireteam update makes its way in game we'll have all the tools we'll need.

Comment

Very good thought's Ytman. I was SL-ing last night and wow I have a new respect for everyone who has SL-ed and PL-ed. As far as about my thoughts you are 100% right on. Thank you so much for helping me understanding how TG works. Sometimes I dream too big and I helps to put everything into perspective. Thanks again guys.
      "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewDaManiac View Post
        My second idea is that squad leaders take the time to make sure that a medic with res grenades doesn't end up a heavy when there is a heavy with concussion grenades that is a medic at the time.
        This is actually my biggest "problem" with Planetside; and also where I think the largest barrier to Leading in-game can come from.

In most games, and MMOs especially, a person's role is concrete (not always, but generally). You're a Tank.. He's a healer.. and she's DPS. Each person knows their role, their abilities, and how to accessorize before a fight. And each person is utilized to the strength of their role; not expected to step outside of it (except in mortal situations).

In Planetside, you can be anything. And while I think it's an essential system, it makes it really really difficult to know what people are good at (or even just WANT to be playing). I see all the time people being asked to switch to classes they aren't certed into. The need to 'fill a class slot' tends to out-weigh 'specialty in a class slot'; And this is generally an innocent mistake. There's really no way for an SL to know who is good at what outside of learning everyone's personal play styles (something I don't think can be expected of anyone -- but kudos to anyone who knows :P).

Fortunately for TG, most members are happy to swap classes when needed; but sometimes it becomes painfully obvious that a real strength in one area was lost for a minor gain in another.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X