Need your opinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your opinion

I "kinda" rage quit this game because of performance issues; however, I would like to know your opinions on how I play in squads and represent TG as a whole.

As you have probably seen, my involvement in TG squads has been less then stellar as of late while I am online. This is because if I am frustrated with how the squad is going, if the squad is too casual, or just being inefficient, I will leave. Squad leaders, if you see me leave, please do not take that personally; it's just when I see something erroneous with the squad, I don't like to tell the SL he's wrong and/or disrupt coms that are going on.

With that in mind, I would appreciate your input on how I play in squads. What I should stop, start, continue doing etc... Please be open; I will not hold anything against you even if you give me a big F-^2. However, if you hold something personal against me, PM may be a better alternative.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Re: Need your opinion

Im so glad you started this topic, I joined the TG because of PS2, let me give you my opinon about rage quiting in ps2. Its okey to quit a tg squad if you dont fell like playing ps2, you play for you own plesure, and nobody will ever be mad because of you quiting the squad. Play how you want, whenever you want. The first thing Randy told me when i join the tg "be mature and listen to your squad leader". When you are in tg squad just listen to orders, if you dont like the squad leader, go in another tg squad or do whatever you want in casual squad.
    But yea i have not been on ps2 for 4 months because of school, anyways dont know how is it going in tg on ps2 but...some squads in tg are more casual, some are less casual depends on squad leader.
    My idea is to take one squad and make it the most serisu squad in TG for ps2.
    So you get one squad leader who allways plays the same tactic, with same people, and you get better and better with you squad. And the squad leader guides you with certs. So if you have 12 people, 3 medics,5 havys, 3 engis and a max. You will get the best squad qouhtion in 2 moths if you play like ever sunday night for 2 hours, and if the people are dedicated to that.
    Or you can make the best air squad, or best harraser squad, or meaby a HALO squad. You just need dedicated people to their "job or mission".
    I think TG misses that and i would like to see it in future. So when i go on ps2 i would play with same people with the same tactic every weekend.
    And my question is would you like to start dedicated squad with me on summer or sunner?

Comment

Be a leader. We need leaders.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

I agree with ED, I remember when you first got involved with TG almost a year ago now. You kept volunteering for squad lead when someone needed one. You had a rocky start but you grow on us. I want that that penny back lol

Find something that TG can improve on and try to make it better.

other then that, its just a game. I respect the choices you make so if you decide to leave my squad it wont bother me just means more certs for me.

Also it doesn't hurt to help out the SL if his a new member or player. I know when I first started SLing I was nervous to ask for help and some people noticed and would send me tells on what to do, you did that to me the other day lol I've started doing that with new squad leaders. I dont spam them with tells just give them some pointers. =)

Comment

If everyone would pick up the tab for leading ever now and again we would certainly see way less leadership burnout and players leaving the game.

Comment

As an sl i would actually prefer operations to be halted for a minute an have you explain your perspective if you feel I could be doing something better. But i guess that may just be me as I try to have fast paced squads being as efficient as possible and moving to where we need to be. I guess that is part of the reason I have such a disdain for the armour squad; it simply can not move across the map and adjust fast enough. /rant

Though also a lot of the time Im on command trying to explain some thing or rallying support for a push so It takes away from my resource that is attention and causes me to put less attention on the squad so it may not be agresive enough at times or fire team opportunities could have been missed and I would love to have another mind looking at what im doing and giving suggestions so that: 1 we can be more effective and 2 have more fun pulling things off by punching above our weight.

bottom line speak up, express your issues because commanding some one elses enjoyment is hard when you dont have input. And if that doesnt work start leading and show us how its done :p
            SPEAK UP! and lets combat the fog of war together.

Comment

I for one enjoy playing with you. When you are a squad mate or an SL you are always on point and represent TG well from all I have seen.There are times we all get burnt out or don't agree with what others are doing with squads/Platoon.

TG is unique in the fact that we are all on equal footing to a certain extent, and able to SL or PL most of the time. This leads to really great SL's/PL's and not so great yet SL's/PL's. Outfits with a strong/psychotic leader are easy to get on point all the time because if they are not doing exactly what some borderline crazy says, exactly as he says there are gone from the outfit.

It is always harder to run with an Outfit that cherishes freedom. Because we except all members within reason, and we don't discriminate for the most part, therefore we are ever evolving. Training new members instead of having a huge group of high ranking players that know at all times what is needed. This makes the job of leaders within our community ( I am including you and others that are leaders in all but name!) harder but also more rewarding. Because when it works, Boy does it work great!!! :row1_7:

I guess my point is this... Stay with TG because we know you to be a mature gamer that contributes to TG in a positive manner and are a valued member of our community.

Todd

PS: I have played with many of the Outfits out there and aside from some fun moments TG is by far the best group to play with I have found!!!!!:icon32:
              sigpic

Comment

penandpencilman,

I do the same thing myself sometimes. It just depends on the mood I am in. If I am in the mood for some competitive gameplay, I try to join a squad that has the same disposition as myself at the time. If the SL tactics aren't really my thing, then I may hang out for a while....but I usually leave. I also leave for other reasons as well: Dinner, go watch a movie, etc.

It sounds like your a bit frustrated with the game itself, and also the tactics used while in a squad. Keep in mind, some members squad lead because it may stroke their ego and they may think they are really good. Others squad lead because they actually know what is going on, and are fun to hang out with.

To me, if the game isn't fun, either due to the game or people or a combination thereof, I will take a break.

Also, remember, if you have a problem with somebody's style as far as squad leading goes, just don't join their squad. (and ideally, start your own squad I suppose) If it is a personal issue that pisses you off, and it is affecting the outfit, I would advise to either take a breather or contact the outfit administration via the forums. It doesn't hurt to vent sometimes in private. :-)

I will say this: I like the TG way of things! Great group of people all in all. Now if SOE would do a little something new with the MAX, I'd be much happier.

Comment

Penny in all honesty I do the same thing as you well know. If it's just going wrong then I'll drop the squad, better that than moaning and groaning about it and just go and do my own thing. When I come on either Matterson or Waterson I hardly ever join a squad anymore and usually just go it alone. Last night I joined a TG squad and had a blast again running mostly armor or in the air with DoT so it's situational. Personally I'd say you ultimately play the game for your own enjoyment, so do what you enjoy doing. In my experience, happiness gets harder and harder to find the older you get.

Let me also say that I enjoyed squads that you lead, and honestly I am coming more and more around to thinking that once you have a certain amount of experience in the game the mindset should change from playing so much to probably leading more. Maybe the tactical and strategic planning will bring the 'joy' back.........I dunno.

Comment

Penny, I don't get to play much PS2 these days due to various reasons but I thought I might offer you some perspective if you don't mind.

When I first joined TG I ran around as a squad member, you know, kinda finding my feet as it were and learning off the many, many great SL's here at TG (this was primarily PR, in which there is an equal focus on teamwork and coordination). I had my own ideas about how to do things so, in time, I started running my own squads with a big emphasis on infantry tactics etc. I wanted to do this not just to do things 'my way' but to give back. I had learnt so much from others, seen the effort and care they had put into leading others, providing direction and purpose. I felt like I needed to share in the 'work' plus I just loved working with like minded individuals and sharing knowledge, tactics etc and developing each other's skillsets as we had some fun.

As I took on more responsibility at TG it became difficult to run squads due to constant interruptions and not wanting to have to ask a whole squad to wait around whilst I dealt with X. I really miss it.

Leaders and leadership in general are extremely important to TG and how we do things. To have teamwork you first need some form of infrastructure. To have infrastructure you first need people willing to step up and lead.

Being a leader is trying at times, always challenging, and often exhausting. However it is also one of the most rewarding roles you can occupy. Nevertheless there will always be a surplus of those who simply want to follow and a shortage of those brave enough to lead. That's a shame as those willing to lead, at whatever level, have such a positive affect on not only gameplay and community but the personal enjoyment of every single individual they come into contact with. By being prepared to sacrifice your time and dedicate your effort to providing direction and leadership to others you are greatly enhancing their experience and demonstrating what TG is about. Teamwork, communication etc are significantly less without someone organising and orchestrating it.

If you are experiencing frustrations on any level then by all means do what you need to do, take a break whatever but know this. Your efforts to provide leadership are acknowledged, admired and appreciated. You do a service to your fellow gamers and community and we are grateful for it. Thumbs up!

Rage - Damn straight you better start leading more Sir! Maybe imparting some of that knowledge and experience in others, getting a squad to work effectively and efficiently will scratch that itch you're suffering with. Let me know when, maybe I'll fire up PS2 again.

Comment

[MENTION=82831]barba2000[/MENTION] Sounds like fun but I'll be working all Summer :'(

Thank-you everyone for there input.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                      ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Drona...........I've issued a challenge to all BR90's and higher to step up this Friday night to lead squads. I'll be there leading a squad, let's see who else is willing to put their money where their mouth is.......... :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X