Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Ok time to step up......

I've read and posted on a thread http://www.tacticalgamer.com/planets...lly-about.html
    This is what I said: You know, as I read this thread I am increasingly saddened to hear what has been transpiring in TG. When I first started about a year ago I can still remember Randy saying 'Can someone pull a Sunderer we're going to X base' I said I can and pulled one and then loaded everyone up and preceded to drive in the opposite direction and in the process of trying to turn it around killed everyone in the Sunderer. Oh and then there was the time I dropped a pod on Randy's newly pull Sunderer back in the day when a pod drop could destroy a Sunderer.......that went over like a fart in an elevator.

I guess the point that I'm trying to say is that I remember those times as a new player and not knowing what to do led me to doing the wrong things, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since that time. I've since placed a lot of time in game as many of us have. And as such have seen what works and what doesn't, and more importantly from those early days have seen how it should be accomplished the TG way. Tight comms, more cohesive squads, focused objective, and less than tolerant attitude to inappropriate squad behavior. I'll be the first to admit that as I learned more about the game I became more critical of the leadership, not because of the way that they ran things but because of the tactical method they decided to approach an objective.

This leads me to thinking that maybe it is a mandate for the guys that have been around a long time and have approached the game from certain (and different) tactical methods to step up and do some leading in the TG manner way of doing things. Maybe it's time for the higher BR's to teach through example the way to not only be better at the game but to be a better Tactical Gaming member. Maybe it's time to give back what we so richly took from the community that allowed us to be better gamers............We have 10 members that are BR90 or higher, so I issue a personal challenge to those 10 members to this Friday step up on the Matterson server and SL/PL the TG squads in a cooperative platoon to show the newer guys what TG and this game is all about. I suggest that the squads be all TG members, that said it means that the members that are TG come on Friday night and join a TG squad. If your in game and see someone that carries a TG tag then tell them about this Friday night since not everyone comes to the forum............I will be there leading a squad, I'm pretty sure Penny will be there..........let's see how many other 90's or better will be there leading showing the newer guys 'What TG is all about'..........Jengles, you out there my friend?

I decided to make a new thread (this one) to put it on the front page of the 'General' forum so that everyone can see it.........................so can you smell what the Rock is cooking!

Re: Ok time to step up......

I'll try my best to be there! I know I'm not in the outfit as a BR 94 but I'm still TG at heart!
    I would, however, like to have an official "ops time" so we can organized our schedules. Are we going to just be doing this as a FNF?

Comment

Thanks Zep......my challenge was that BR90 and above do the actual leading of the squads. TG members would then be in the squads. The reasoning is that regardless of what anyone thinks about the BR ranking, being a BR90 and above means that one would have had to invest a lot of time in the game. Related to time is experience, this process would place the most experienced and the ones that have invested the most amount of time in the position of leadership. How this will equal to actually getting something done will remain to be seen, but never the less I think we'll see some great comms and some interesting techniques, all in the manner of TG proper.

And just to clarify something, to me squad cohesion means the whole squad is on the same page and working toward the common goal, not that they are tripping over each other. So if your in my squad I'll probably break it up by assigning different tasks..........even asking those that like playing snipers to take a hillside somewhere and provide cover and oversight. As for me, I'll probably be on another hillside somewhere watching the battle and directing the squad, if I need to then I'll be shoulder to shoulder with the guys in the fight. In essence, do what needs to be done in order to get the necessary results.

Comment

just want to let you know that some of our lvl 90+ players dont have mics.

besides that I'll be more then happy to take a squad if you need a SL. Also thanks Rage for setting this up I'll do my best to promote it in game to the people who dont come to the forums.

Comment

Folks' battle rank in PS2 does not necessarily correspond to their leadership skills. While I applaud your effort at organizing, I think the concept you lay out is off base by focusing solely on BR as the measure of desirability, suitability or aptitude to lead a squad or platoon. BR is not the best way to judge a player. There are lots of ways that folks pad their stats and time in game does not automatically translate into leadership experience.
          Last edited by P.Drona; 04-09-2014, 06:06 AM.

Comment

I agree.

Leading strictly by BR is not something Tg should promote. We are an all inclusive club and this to me (Even if unintentional) sounds elitist. I have had the pleasure of being in some squads lately led by really low BR players and they are more natural leaders than some of us older higher BR players.

Please read my signature Todd
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...