Returning to the game, need advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to the game, need advice

Damonte will be returning to Planetside 2, at a stunning BR12. Obviously a long time has passed and a lot has changed in the game. Upon login last night, he found that a number of his certs had been returned for one reason or another.

This begs the question... what are the most crucial perks to purchase for someone starting out effectively from scratch? Damonte tends to play more to the supporting role than the front line... more sneaky than straight forward.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Re: Returning to the game, need advice

Can be a Medic, Engy.......or OMG a sniper. Decide the role you think you'll enjoy, play a bit in that role then settle into something you feel suits your style. Then worry about the certing process, there are plenty of people here that can help you once you've decided. Oh and you've decided to return just in time, this Friday night (if you can make it) stands a very good chance at being historical........or hysterical depending on your point of view.

Comment

Damonte is definitely more of the medic type.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Glad to hear you'll be returning D-man.

If you like to run medic then I suggest certing into the revive grenades, grenade bandoleer and picking up the Gauss Rifle S and unlocking the under barrel smoke launcher for it. Certing the med tool is pretty huge as once it's maxed out, you revive folks at 100% health.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
          Glad to hear you'll be returning D-man.
          picking up the Gauss Rifle S and unlocking the under barrel smoke launcher for it.
          This is what I'm looking for. So many weapon choices... surely TG has figured out which ones work better than most by now.

Comment

another popluar weapon for the medic that I personally use is the Carnage. It has a high rate of fire with a controllable spread/recoil. More for the fast paced player.

Comment

You mentioned sneaky and support. I find I enjoy running an infil with directly with the squad using the shadow which is 12 round semi-auto with no weapon sway while scoped so I use the 3.4 zoom. This makes you a rifleman which makes you the strength of the squad vs targets that are utilizing cover on a superior position. Maxed out darts will give you another vital capability to the squad. There is a new rifle that just recently added as an alternative to this one however I prefer the shadow. There is also the SAAS which is a bolt action however. The ability to cloak also gives you extra freedom of movement the rest of the squad does not have which means you provide even more tactical options to the squad. The ability to hack terminals is another.

Comment

Welcome back Damonte! Medic is my drink of choice too. Cert up you medic tool and it is a great way to earn certs at the same time helping the squad.
                My favourite gun for Medic is the GD-22. Start at the groin and it zips right up the middle to take care of any enemy problems that pop up.
                sigpic

Comment

GR-22 and Carnage are both fantastic close quarters weapons for medics, as (to my knowledge) they're largely the same beast: a rapid fire weapon that works great fired from the hip at close range. Personally, I run mine with an advanced laser sight, soft point ammo and night vision, which is a pretty nice close quarters setup.

I'm personally a fan of the Reaper DMR, which is a Gauss Rifle variant focused on longer range fire support. Not going to be everyone's cup of tea, though.

Gauss Rifle S is an excellent variation that gives up a few small stats (I think reload time suffers?) in exchange for being able to mod the hell out of the weapon. Access to the smoke and grenade underbarrel attachments is a good example of that flexibility, and you really can't go wrong with it.

Honestly, though, the medical applicator is likely to be the best bang-for-your-buck in terms of cert purchases. At least invest in the first few levels, as it'll speed up your revive and heal times substantially, which can make a big difference in a close fight.

Comment

I stand by the default medic gun with 2x scope, laser sights, and flash suppressor. A incredible squad play weapon allowing for hard hitting suppressive fire yet still remaining accurate albeit you burst fire at med-long ranges. The gr-22 or carnage, as others have said, are great close quarter options as well.

Medic revive grenades not only are capable of raising from the dead a whole group of enemies but also provide max XP in the process...they quickly pay for themselves and are a great option for new players.

And, a essential tip for medics is that while you are reviving if you press "F" or whatever your ability key is keybinded to, the revive time will be decreased greatly.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
                      And, a essential tip for medics is that while you are reviving if you press "F" or whatever your ability key is keybinded to, the revive time will be decreased greatly.
                      Just to clarify, the process for this is to begin reviving someone and THEN activate your healing ability. It does NOT work if you have your healing aura active before you begin the revive.

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

Also, if your medic gun is not maxed, please top off your targets after reviving them. :p
                        87% Combat Engineer

Comment

Medical tool is definitely your priority as a medic. Not only can you revive faster and heal faster, you can also do it from farther away each level, and perhaps most importantly it revives them with full health at max rank, meaning you don't have to wait around for them to get up, then heal them the rest of the way. It gives them a better chance of surviving being revived and makes you more efficient at your job.

It also makes a huge difference when reviving MAX units, as you can't heal them with your medical tool after you revive them, but each level of your med tool increases the health they come back with.

Since you're only BR12 and probably aren't loaded on certs, I personally wouldn't bother with certing a new weapon. The default rifle is pretty excellent, especially if you're staying behind your frontline troops, fighting at medium to long range. Weapons in Planetside do tend to be more "sidegrades" than straight upgrades, and they cost a lot of certs. It's probably better to spend your certs on things like your medic tools and flak armor until you get to the point that you have certs to burn.
                          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Damonte you have found the right man :D

When you get in game it will ask you to take a survey make sure you get the heavy assaults EM1 as it is the most useful weapon in the bunch.

Next I hear that you like to play support and that is fantastic! Support roles are usually the fastest way to gain XP . For the medic you have an area of effect ability that will heal your self and people around you, upgrade this a lot because we need our medics to stay alive, next your medical applicator tool needs to have at least 5 or 6 tiers of upgrades anything less is nearly useless as it takes too much time to revive people and they dont even come up with full HP, its very expensive to max out, maybe 1500 certs but its worth it. Lastly get grenade bandoleir (400 certs) and res grenades (400 certs) this will allow you to throw multiple grenades that instantly revive friendlies. Next badonleir upgrade is 500 and worth it for 3 grenades. As a medic your utility slot gives you access to c4 bricks 400 certs for one 500 for the next , get one brick as a medic when encountering a max you will be able to take it out as well as help with turrets and vehicles as traditionally the medic can not do anything about these. Weapons for the medic the two weapons mentioned were the gr 22 and the carnage both between 250 and 500 certs, the gr 22 is more for closer range and better for aiming from the hip especially with the laser sight and the carnage is a little bit better aim down sight and thus a little better at longer ranges then the former. This being said every experienced medic i know says stick with the default medic weapon, its free and kills enemies the fastest. If though you wish to buy a weapon get the ns 11a, it is a battle rifle that I call OP because of its near not recoil, its expensive at 1000 but you can use it on all of you classes so its definitely worth it especially since it is so good.

Engineer, you will need to upgrade your repair tool as this is one of the only two reasons to have the egnie. Other then grabbing the gd7f for the engie i there really isnt too many exact ways to play this class, you can get tank mines or bettys av grenades i think.. for your suit i have flak armour as when i am repairing maxes i dont want to die to all the rocket splash people shoot at it.

If you want to play cod get the light assault

If you want to get kills but work with the team use the heavy assault. Em1 is a great lmg for this class with a 100 round mag you will have to reload only once every couple of days and with the grip its very accurate for an nc weapon. The gun is 250 if you didnt get it in the survey. For the heavy assault you can stick with the default shield which is good for being reactive as it completely stops a portion of damage or the resist sheild which is good for being aggressive as it stops a little bit more total damage and rechages very fast, if you go resist grab the advanced shield capasitor as you still take damage with the resist on and want your normal shield to come back quickly. The heavy has access to concussion grenades and you want to take advantage of them, they are like flash grenades except instead of blinding the receiver they paralize them. For the rocket launcher if you dont want to be useless in the feild grab the ns annihilator as it will lock on to both ground and air vehicles while you can use your default shrike in bio labs to dumb fire maxes. You can also equip bettys or a medical kit either is fine.

Lastly grab an ams attachment to your sunderer and dont be the noob who doesnt buy the 1 cert zoom for its guns

now this all being said quit the nc and go play vanu, blue shift op , orion op, saron op, proton op, 25 % faster aim down sight movement speed as empire trait is all kinds of oooop. Ha no but really playing vanu is way easier to learn the game on.
                            SPEAK UP! and lets combat the fog of war together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryker View Post
                              Lastly grab an ams attachment to your sunderer and dont be the noob who doesnt buy the 1 cert zoom for its guns
                              Just wanted to point out that this is no longer necessary, all Sunderers come with the AMS module free now!

But yes, absolutely load up on all those 1-cert purchases on every vehicle. That's only a couple kills each, and your gunners appreciate the zoom availability and the extra magazine of ammo. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X