Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanguard Shenanigans

Re: Vanguard Shenanigans

Always a pleasure to watch you work, Ghost. Great use of terrain, great situational awareness, and excellent gunnery.

Also, those mags are slippery little buggers, ain't they?

Comment

Nice shot on that BR100 Scythe kill.
      87% Combat Engineer

Comment

LOL you killed the same pilot twice. XD Nice shooting.

Comment

yeah im surprised he didnt send me a tell lol

One thing I did noticed after watching this a couple times is how fast I can calculate the range on the target. Most of the time I was hitting the target with the first shot even at long range. I think this is my greatest strength =)

Comment

You swap a lot between first and third person as well, very quickly. I assume this gives you a better sense of terrain and spatial awareness?
            Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

The Vanguard turret can only turn so quickly, but the third person cam moves as fast as the infantry camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombiesnack99 View Post
                You swap a lot between first and third person as well, very quickly. I assume this gives you a better sense of terrain and spatial awareness?
                I glad you noticed! I was going to mentioned some key things that I do, but i decided to see if anyone would notice first.

I switch between first and third for a couple of reasons.

like you said, a sense of terrian and spatial awareness. You always want to have a escape route incase you get overrun or if a lib or esf is targeting you. It's also a situational awareness techinque. While my gun is reloading I check the battlefield for future targets that I Q spot and to see where the rest of the squad is. it also keeps me from tunnel vision. I've seen lots of tanks firing on one single target but they dont notice the enemy flanking them and by the time they do its too late and the squad gets wiped.

If you noticed while I'm leading a squad I am always calling out targets even if they are far away. This way the squad knows whats out there and what we may have to face soon. Another thing I do is when calling out a target for example: scythe West high, I will also add something like "skyguard(s) usually say the squad members name, please keep an eye in that direction. That way they know that I am counting on them and that they have a job to do. I will do this with the tanks and sundies. By me updating the squad with important information it keeps the comms clear and everyone knows their role. This allows us to be more effective and last a lot longer.

I am thinking about doing an armor squad training class this weekend. Not sure what time I'll just see who would be up for it when I logged on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X