H1Z1 Zombie game from Sony using the Planetside 2 Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1Z1 Zombie game from Sony using the Planetside 2 Engine

Looks interesting, using the PS2 engine...........

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/10/56...ming-4-6-weeks

Re: H1Z1 Zombie game from Sony using the Planetside 2 Engine

I like it!

Comment

Good, there "big reveal" isn't planetside 3.

Game looks interesting though.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
      ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

[comms] Bravo sitrep . . .

[comms] BRAVO SITREP. . .

[comms] .......

[Bravo 6] .....Er comms?. ...

[comms] go bravo 6 :/

[Bravo 6] er we were on A point and, well squad lead got er eaten !!...
        ... and now he is eating the rest of the squad..
        ... I have killed this VS three times now but he keeps getting back up..
        ... my engineer is looking at me like Im the next dinner and my medic is running round in circles...

PS2 meets Zombie :)
        Now that sound fun..

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

zombie vanguards!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm interested. I personally think, in the battle of the engines, SOE's ForgeLight will always be able to provide a more fun game like experience than Dayz could.

This is only one more reason for me to get a SOE online subscription.

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for survival focused games. I loved playing Fallout 3 modded up with harsher environments, nastier injury systems, scarce ammo and food/water requirements. Never played DayZ, though.

This could be interesting.

Comment

I was reading world war z when I heard the reveal.

I might just pick up subscription again if this game excels in a failing genre

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                  I'm interested. I personally think, in the battle of the engines, SOE's ForgeLight will always be able to provide a more fun game like experience than Dayz could.

This is only one more reason for me to get a SOE online subscription.
                  It would at least to my thinking perform better in this type of game, as you wouldn't necessarily get the big cluster fights you do in PS2. PS2 only seems to take a dive when thier are way to many people in one spot.

Comment

What? No thousands of Zombies being rendered at a time? Do not want! ;D

I have no doubt that this game will be as intensive as Everquest Next. Maybe not to PS2 standards (though there is so much we do not know).

Comment

Originally posted by ghostshooter101 View Post
                      zombie vanguards!!!!!!!
                      .... what? how would that even?
                      ...Ghost, I think you might have a small obsession

Also, Fun fact for everyone: Clegg just recently moved away from the PS2 dev team to go work on this game.

Comment

I do think Forgelight is better suited to a game like this, but it's never done melee especially well (of course, neither has the Virtual Reality engine.)

Having no collision with players/zombie and a weightless melee system would kind suck.
                        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Great points Strait. I just saw some footage of the assumedly alpha build of H1Z1 and all I can say is that it is depressing how much of a clone it looks to be. That and I am distressed by the $19.99 early access cost for a game which looks so poorly polished just a month or so from release.

Also I dislike that vehicles are restricted to third person... :/

Comment

But isn't that the point, its early access, not a release.

Admittedly charging for it is a bit much but hey, if Day Z can get away with it knowing full well the Lead Developer/title lead is leaving, why not. I imagine SOE will at least wring far, far better performance out of that engine than DayZ can muster on its engine. Yes, I am very disappointed in Day Z lol.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X